• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v West 'Am United - WHL, Sun 22nd Feb, KO - 12pm

credit to fat sam for his tactics.

he got it right targetting and pressing dier, knowing that rose and verts doesn't really support him that well, and so isolating him was going to put pressure on our defence.

in defending sitting deep camping outside the penalty box worked well to nullify kane and the shots from outside the box.

and their players are as fit as ours, but tougher and more willing to leave a shoulder or leg in for a moment longer than needed. while we were too easily rattled out of our passing game.

Yea we were hoofing it a lot today. Dier looked a little uncomfortable being pressed. Mason a little erratic with his passing but really does try to lift the tempo.

Coming back like that will do absolute wonders for the crowd too. Too often we give up and just say we've blown it when we go down to teams like this.

This team has got some guts. But we made some horrible mistakes today too

Its strange as at times we over played but Dier gave a lot of cheap throws and corners away and that allowed West Ham to slow the game as they took their time taking these. Sometimes he seems to get bullied a bit almost like Dawson in his younger days.

It is very worrying when Rose plays...

I think he is decent but long balls into his channel over his head....crosses to the back post with him challenging an attacker for the header....very worrying.

I think I would prefer to see more of Davies.

I haven't seen the game yet but we were pretty poor today according to the BBC. It's something I half expected with the cup final on the horizon and given we were 2 down, I suppose it's to be regarded as a positive result in the context.

I've also just heard Allardyce's interview. Even on the radio, he's not pretty.

Not a good game by us, but a better result than it looked for majority of that match. Got something by the skin of our Harry Kane teeth ! Battling play, nice to see we got a draw.

Even ex-West Ham Rio Ferdinand conceded 100% it was a penalty. and he was 100% right too.

The replay very clearly shows Song wrapping his arm around Kane's midriff and giving him a yank at the same moment as he grabs the Tottenham striker by the shoulder with his other arm. Not sure how Kane was supposed to have stayed on his feet after that.

credit to fat sam for his tactics.

he got it right targetting and pressing dier, knowing that rose and verts doesn't really support him that well, and so isolating him was going to put pressure on our defence.

in defending sitting deep camping outside the penalty box worked well to nullify kane and the shots from outside the box.

and their players are as fit as ours, but tougher and more willing to leave a shoulder or leg in for a moment longer than needed. while we were too easily rattled out of our passing game.

I was thinking the same with Dier in terms of him being targeted and it worked well for them. I don't think we were going to win the fight in midfield today as they have much stronger players there. If we were going to win, it would have been with quick pacy football and with strong performances from Rose and Walker down the wings. We didn't get that.

Great little comeback, but of course disappointing not to get the win.

First goal is always so important against Fat Sam teams. Time wasting, cynicism, defensive organization and work rate as place as always and we struggled to break them down. We were making too many individual mistakes again, and in the first part of the second half we were rather poor. Said at the time that we needed a goal to change the momentum, we got it and dominated to the end.

Not a terrible result in the end. But wanted to see more from us. Again we struggle to break down teams that come to WHL to defend and work hard, so hardly news.

27 attempts on goal, 7 corners and 65% of possession but we were massively lucky, ok BFS

stop-being-a-massive-bell-end.png

Spammers managed to snatch draw from the jaws of victory there. I was very pleased to see Big Sam sub Noble off for Cole.. I understand why he took Noble off, but for Cole? Very poor decision. Still you have to take every gift the opposition gives you. Until then we looked vulnerable at the back, and not that effective going forward. Eriksen looks a better player deeper in midfield than he does wide left. Pitch was a bit bobbly too today, which doesn't help us.

Great to come back, a shame we were so sloppy at times. Walker and Dembele did my f88king head in, continually messing up simple things that should be no problem for them. Glad Harry got his goal, keeps him rolling.

Hopefully, the comeback gives us some momentum going into Thursday -- I think we should pick a strong team, I've changed my mind on what I thought previously. Pick a strong team, get a win and bounce into the final against those qunts Chelsea.

Just saw Pochs interview. He said he thought we deserved to win. That is very worrying for me. If he can't see that we were sh1te then we really have very major problems.

We got out of jail today and got something we certainly didn't deserve. He needs to find a way to break down teams that use these tactics. He has failed to do this all season and the use of inverted wingers further crowding the congested middle isn't it. We desperately need a Plan B.

Just saw Pochs interview. He said he thought we deserved to win. That is very worrying for me. If he can't see that we were sh1te then we really have very major problems.

We got out of jail today and got something we certainly didn't deserve. He needs to find a way to break down teams that use these tactics. He has failed to do this all season and the use of inverted wingers further crowding the congested middle isn't it. We desperately need a Plan B.

You think we deserved to lose???

You deserve what you get in this game, we were poor for the majority of this game. Not doing the basics, giving them the ball which lead to both goals, losing to a very average team at home, simply not good enough!

Turning that on it's head however, wet spam started wasting time as soon as they scored in the 1st half! Feigning injury, niggly fouls to disrupt our rhythm etc etc. At 2-0 their fans, and unfortunately for them, their players thought they had won it! Up pops Rose with a fortunate bounced goal and they couldn't hold on. They panicked and In the end their time wasting worked against them and they were unable to cope with Kane who was bundled over clumsily by Song!

You can have a go at the team if you want but in 10 minutes or so they rescued a point and deserve some credit for that. We were not fortunate, we created fortune like so many teams who have gone on to win titles. The mentslity is starting to change imo

Just got back after a b1tch of a drive back up the motorways, but sometimes you just dont care..

It's happened again
It's happened again
A late goal v West Ham
It's happened again

How do like that you pikey tw@ts?

Okay, we didnt win a game we needed to, but we showed some b@lls to come from 2 goals down and it feels almost like a win. GTFI

Disappointed to have dropped 4 points in our last 2 games. With that, I think that we've thrown away any chance of top 4 this season.

Now, at the start of the season, I wasn't really expecting top 4 but, after our performance v Arsenal & where that put us in the league, I thought that we had a chance. Now though, nope.

Arsenal & Liverpool have form, especially Liverpool. I just can't see us getting 5 more points than both of those sides in the remaining fixtures this season.

Back