• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City***

So this is our first match of 2018. We need to win this match to bring the winning momentum for the rest of the season and year ! We have an excellent record against Swansea, winning 10 and drawing 4 of our last 14 matches against Swansea. But we did draw 0-0 against Swansea at Wembley earlier in the season and had to come from behind to score 3 goals in the last 2 minutes to beat them 3-1 away last season as well. We need to do much better against them this time.

Reports say Kane is recovering from flu. Hope he will be fully fit for this match. After all, Kane has a chance to create another history. He has scored hattricks in his last 2 league matches. No player has scored hattricks in 3 consecutive Div1/PL matches since Jack Balmer of Liverpool in 1946. Now Kane has a chance to equal that record ! Let's hope the rest of the team will help him to score another historic hattrick ! It will help us greatly if others likes Alli, Son and Eriksen get us a goal or two as well. Since we are playing West Ham in 2 days time, want Lamela to start and inspire us in this match as well.

Our midfield have not been consistent due to injuries to Dembele and Wanyama this season. Reports say Wanyama is now fully fit. It will really boost our midfield if Wanyama can return against Swansea. Want to see Wanyama partner either Dembele or Dier again in midfield. Our ideal midfield partnership will be Wanyama and Dembele but Dembele still seems to be struggling for form since coming back from injury. Still want to see Sissoko having a positive impact if he gets to play as well.

Our defence have been conceding easy goals since Alderweireld got injured. Wish Alderweireld will be back soon. Lloris, Vertonghen and Sanchez need to be more alert in defence until Alderweireld is back. A bit worried about Lloris as he was at fault for both of the goals conceded against Southampton. We really need Lloris back to his best form now. We need to avoid giving away those soft goals.

We have only won 1 of our last 6 away matches. We need to badly improve our away form if we want to stay in the top 4 race. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win against Swansea.

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our best players available now. Swansea are desperate for win and won't be easy. We need an early goal to help settle our nerves and go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Swansea and move up the league table.

TEAM NEWS
Swansea full-back Kyle Naughton will begin a three-match ban after accepting an FA charge of violent conduct for his stamp on Watford's Stefano Okaka.

Tammy Abraham and Wilfried Bony are doubts with respective stomach and hamstring problems, while Ki Sung-yueng and Kyle Bartley are set to miss out.

Tottenham forward Harry Kane is expected to play despite a heavy cold.

Victor Wanyama could make his first appearance since suffering a knee injury in August.

That is a severe dent to their team, its basically their spine. If all those players are out they could be in major trouble tonight.

Lloris
Trippier-Sanchez-Verts-Davies
Dier-Winks**
Lamela-Dele-Eriksen
Kane

**Wanyama may start if deemed fit enough, however as Poch tends to ease players back in, a sub appearance feels more likely.

It should in theory be a comfortable win, but never get complacent!
It sounds like there will be gale force winds hitting South Wales this evening, so that will make for trickier conditions.

Lloris
Dier-Winks**
Lamela-Dele-Eriksen
Kane

**Wanyama may start if deemed fit enough, however as Poch tends to ease players back in, a sub appearance feels more likely.

It sounds like there will be gale force winds hitting South Wales this evening, so that will make for trickier conditions.

Should have been last year but we let them score a poor goal

Ben davies boots last year were made of lead and he had his worst game for us there

Game changed when Vincent came on and they had another forward to think about

Was a great away game to go to but odd too as I went on my own (also was the only man in a suit as I went after work meetings)

Lloris
Dier-Winks**
Lamela-Dele-Eriksen
Kane

I think in the case of Wanyama he is more likely to start with a designated 60-75 minutes to play, depending on how he goes. Dembele will replace him and continue his own rehab.

What are the chances of Kane starting this evening, I drafted him out of my FF but would bring him back in straight away if he's available.

Play your strongest team every game. If anyone looks tired or heavy in the legs make subs if needed and analyse the players during training ready for the next game.

That fact that Liverpool and Man U won their relatively difficult games we must win both.
We should, as always, try to maximize our chances of picking up the highest number of points from all the games in the fixture list. That might mean rotating out some players for this one to have them fresher for the West Ham game. It might be that Pochettino thinks the players are ready to perform at a high enough level in both games to not rotate though.

Lloris
Dier-Winks**
Lamela-Dele-Eriksen
Kane

Harsh on Son, but I love Lamela so I can see why you'd pick him. Lamela's been patient with cameos but he's blatantly ready for a start now.

I think we're due an Eriksen special.

Harsh on Son, but I love Lamela so I can see why you'd pick him. Lamela's been patient with cameos but he's blatantly ready for a start now.

I think we're due an Eriksen special.

Tha was pretty much my thinking. I reckon Son will start on Thursday and Lamela will get 90 mins against Wimbledon (as will Wanyama).

As for Eriksen, that would be very good. The scene of his last free-kick goal? Well overdue a repeat.

A forecast of 50mph winds and squally rain blowing like stair-rods straight into eyes means tonight's outcome may well be in the lap of the ghods. Swansea will no doubt put 11 behind the ball most of the game and hope to catch us on the break.

Suppose we at least know not to expect sweet flowing football. But just one goal and three points from likely our most tedious game this season would make it seem like manna from heaven. :rolleyes:

Back