• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City***

I don't think there are any weak teams in the league, any can be dillicult to beat if they perform well on the day and we don't. I believe we should field our strongest side for all games and only rest players that need a rest. Making 5 or 6 changes will always reduce our performance.

The run of games we have is a bit of a joke.

We have a massive advantage over Swansea tomorrow - but then a 2 day turn around

I don't think there are any weak teams in the league, any can be dillicult to beat if they perform well on the day and we don't. I believe we should field our strongest side for all games and only rest players that need a rest. Making 5 or 6 changes will always reduce our performance.

We frequently change four or five players between games, that kind of rotation over the next three games seems sensible to me. My aim would be that first team players play two of the three fixtures with the league being the priority.

Dilemma in Cup.
It was pointed out in the trust meeting...we ain't winning nothing!
So..we ain't gonna win nothing if we get caught out playing weaker sides..an then ..were ain't getting nothin!

BTW..

Appy knew year..everyone..

:p

No dilemma, a heavily rotated team can get us past weaker teams in the early rounds of the Cup, just like last year when we got to the semi finals. I get fed up of hearing the same sh1t every time we are in a cup game and play our squad players. 9 times out of ten, they do the job, it's against the better teams that we tend to lose in the cup, with a strong XI out.

Depe

Depending on who were playing..shouldn't we play a stronger Team if needed So to have a better chance of winning.
It's a Dilemma isn't,t it.
Problem for
Poch is and it must be..to have to keep all those players happy. Also up and coming players need experience.
I think it's one you have to juggle with.maybe..
In the case of the so called bigger clubs..say RM,they would not worry so much about giving squad players game experience. When it to comes to winning they will always play their best Players.

Anyway...CoySpurs....
What exactly are you saying about Real and other big clubs here?

I'd go with something like:

Swansea: Lloris, Trippier, Davies, Verts, Sanchez, Wanyama, Sissoko, Lamela, Dele, Eriksen, Kane
West Ham: Lloris, Aurier, Rose, Verts, Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Son, Dele, Eriksen, Kane

So in essence, rotating the full-backs, CMs and one of the attacking positions given we have enough depth in those positions and we dont lose much by changing players. Obviously to the extent possible, bring off players in the Swansea game if we're a couple up.

What exactly are you saying about Real and other big clubs here?

Just saying, other lesser players in their squad may be lower down the pecking order at Real or Barca.
I,m not sure what other competitions they have in their countries to be honest but I would have thought they still put out a strong team .
Anyway does it matter if we end up with no trophies again? I think it becomes harder being under the pressure to win a trophy..lets hope for the best..

Play your strongest team every game. If anyone looks tired or heavy in the legs make subs if needed and analyse the players during training ready for the next game.

That fact that Liverpool and Man U won their relatively difficult games we must win both.

I think Kane and Alli have to play as they are hitting / in form and need as many games as possible to take advantage of it.

Play your strongest team every game. If anyone looks tired or heavy in the legs make subs if needed and analyse the players during training ready for the next game.

That fact that Liverpool and Man U won their relatively difficult games we must win both.

I,m confident we,ll win..
It's up to us to get CL..we can do it ....we are getting stronger!

Just saying, other lesser players in their squad may be lower down the pecking order at Real or Barca.
I,m not sure what other competitions they have in their countries to be honest but I would have thought they still put out a strong team .
Anyway does it matter if we end up with no trophies again? I think it becomes harder being under the pressure to win a trophy..lets hope for the best..
I think you're wrong. In domestic cups (earlier rounds), and even in the league against smaller teams they do rotate quite a bit. Particularly when the fixture list gets congested with CL games.

Very important game (aren't they all) with Utd and Liverpool winning. I don't mind a bit of rotation at full back and centre midfield (maybe bring Winks in) but the rest of the team largely picks itself. I'd prefer Lamela starts this and the FA cup game rather than the West Ham game as he's still getting up to fitness. Be nice if Vic makes the bench.

Lamela will likely start against Swansea or West Ham, IMO. We'll see Wanyama back in action too, which will be a massive boost.

I do think we should start our strongest team today, and go full throttle from the first minute to try to kill the game off early and then being able to rest the likes of Kane and Eriksen. While there are no easy games in the PL, this one included, Swansea are among the teams we are able to score 4-5 goals against on a good day. And we’re hitting form, so why not go for it?

(sorry for jinxing, it will now be a frustrating 0-0, and you can all blame me for it)

Lamela will likely start against Swansea or West Ham, IMO. We'll see Wanyama back in action too, which will be a massive boost.

I do think we should start our strongest team today, and go full throttle from the first minute to try to kill the game off early and then being able to rest the likes of Kane and Eriksen. While there are no easy games in the PL, this one included, Swansea are among the teams we are able to score 4-5 goals against on a good day. And we’re hitting form, so why not go for it?

(sorry for jinxing, it will now be a frustrating 0-0, and you can all blame me for it)

That's my thinking as well. Strongest XI possible today -- and as we are fresher and more rested than Swansea, really go all out in the first 60 minutes of the game and try and get it won. Then we can start coasting/making subs.

Football never goes to plan, but we can try.

Back