• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City, Sunday 19th January 13:30

I don't think Chadli has shown he has all the tools? He's tall but looks a bit of a ***** to me. A typical wide player who gets the ball wide and lays it back to the full back.

Today we'll see hopefully what he's about, because I'd rather have Siggy or Holtby on the pitch today.

I'd rather Lamela over all of them, but for various reasons we wont play him.

Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City

Lloris

Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose

Bentaleb, Dembele

Lennon, Eriksen, Chadli

Adebayor

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Holtby, Soldado, Capoue, Defoe, Sigurdsson

Tremmel, Rangel, Chico, Williams (c), Davies, Amat, Britton, Shelvey, Pozuelo, Routledge, Bony.​

He finally got my present!

mzi.gfrmwboe.225x225-75.jpg

Playing away, a different set up - why not ? Try to control the game in midfield, we have enough to hit them. BUT defense is all important

Not a big fan of this lineup. Will be interesting to see how the 442 haters react if we get smashed.

I don't think Chadli has shown he has all the tools? He's tall but looks a bit of a ***** to me. A typical wide player who gets the ball wide and lays it back to the full back.

Today we'll see hopefully what he's about, because I'd rather have Siggy or Holtby on the pitch today.

I'd rather Lamela over all of them, but for various reasons we wont play him.

You have to think whether he might go back to Italy. Maybe a part cash swap deal. Either that or TS wants to bring him in slowly. But to me I think we want to cut our losses on the 30m and TS doesn't think he's worth that money. Hence if we can part swap him we may. All speculation of course. We may see Lamela rip up the Europa and force his way into the team...

Chadli has the tools no? Big powerful, a 'real handful' for defenders. He could score today. Has an eye for goal. He also helps with set pieces. Glad he is being given a run out personally.

He's not really a handful for defenders at all because he doesn't put himself about, work hard or use his size. Doesn't use his size at all if you ask me

Chadli starts, not Soldado.

I can see what TS is trying to do here. High tempo, high pressing start and bring fresh legs Solly in later against a tiring team and hope he gets a goal like Defoe did last week against Palace. I suspected something like this after I saw TS singing Solly's praises in the Daily Mirror today.

I would have liked to have stuck with the norm but it does throw away the theory that Timmy is just a 442 type of guy.

Based on how he has used him recently and his comments in the press, I think that it is likely that Chadli will play behind Ade and the rest of midfield will line up as normal. It's just Ade for Soldado and Chadli for Ade.

Don't understand why we have Siggy and Holtby on the bench in preference to Lamela. We already have a couple siggy types in the team in Eriksen and Chadli and Holtby wont change a game. We also don't need Holtby for CM cover as we have Capoue

Don't understand why we have Siggy and Holtby on the bench in preference to Lamela. We already have a couple siggy types in the team in Eriksen and Chadli and Holtby wont change a game. We also don't need Holtby for CM cover as we have Capoue

Lamela's injured?

He's not really a handful for defenders at all because he doesn't put himself about, work hard or use his size. Doesn't use his size at all if you ask me

Well he hasn't had many opportunities. But there were some indications - headers from set pieces that were not far off. Some decent runs with the ball - once someone of his size starts motoring and running at defenders they can terrorise - see one Gareth Bale who started off pretty shy as well. And he can shoot. From the little we've seen, he looks to have a more potent shot on him than say Lennon.

Based on how he has used him recently and his comments in the press, I think that it is likely that Chadli will play behind Ade and the rest of midfield will line up as normal. It's just Ade for Soldado and Chadli for Ade.

Could be - like ive always said, its about instructions really but I do think Chadli will come infield if Lennon has the ball and vice versa. Ade will need to hold the ball up for Erikssen to get in good positions too.

Will be interesting.

Well he hasn't had many opportunities. But there were some indications - headers from set pieces that were not far off. Some decent runs with the ball - once someone of his size starts motoring and running at defenders they can terrorise - see one Gareth Bale who started off pretty shy as well. And he can shoot. From the little we've seen, he looks to have a more potent shot on him than say Lennon.

How has he not had opportunities?!? He's had a lot of game time this year!

In terms of running at defenders, him and Bale are very different. Bale goes past players, whereas Chadli plays in front of him and tries to cross the ball rather than beat his man. Will be interesting to see him centrally as he doesn't look like a top half of the PL winger to me; can see him being a squad player but remain unconvinced that he'll ever be a regular starter

Lennon's finishing is weak so not really a great comparison!!

What can we read into the formation? My take is that with the youth teams playing 'progressive' formations we were probably always going to switch to a 433.

The basic 442 was probably a short term measure due to lack of training ground time. Whilst we still had the tried and tested Defoe on our books, the best early way to utilise the squad was to play two up, with Defoe a reliable fall back.

Now Defoe is off, we only play the one up, plus the make up of the squad dictates really that we need to use formations that suit number 10's, so we have finally changed our formation.

If I'm being really positive i'd say were looking at Chadli today before Lamela comes back and starts coming into the set up in an appropriate formation.

I'm going to be super positive and say Chadli obviously has something; Belgian international, scored one in four for Twente and today he is being deployed in his favoured position. He's obviously been training well and so maybe this nippy yet big Belgian international will take his chance today.

Posittivity. I'm going to give it a go.

Could be - like ive always said, its about instructions really but I do think Chadli will come infield if Lennon has the ball and vice versa. Ade will need to hold the ball up for Erikssen to get in good positions too.

Will be interesting.

I would be very pleased to see the three of them interchange

Back