• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City, Sunday 19th January 13:30

tumblr_m5i82qs3yg1rr7wnno1_400.jpg

no need to worry about Mumorns predictions matey ;)

Mumorn you were saved me giving you a double-Bony

No wonder Adebayor was threatening to have a fight with Dembele in his MotD2 interview what with Moussa not only failing to provide him with a tap in but also this rather odd way of celebrating with him after the first goal :-s

Twitter / 101greatgoals: Tottenham’s Moussa Dembele celebrates Emmanuel Adebayor’s goal by rubbing hand down his face [Vine] [url]http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/tottenhams-moussa-dembele-celebrates-emmanuel-adebayors-goal-by-rubbing-hand-down-his-face/ …[/URL]

Emmanuel Adebayor & Danny Rose both make Garth Crooks's Team of the Week

DEFENDER - DANNY ROSE (Tottenham)

Seeing Mousa Dembele miss the target, much to Emmanuel Adebayor's disgust, after impudently ignoring the unmarked striker when well placed to put Spurs 3-0 up against Swansea was frustrating. Danny Rose showed the Belgian precisely how it should be done minutes later when, in exactly the same position, he squared the ball to Adebayor to put the game beyond the hosts. It just goes to show that you don't have to be an expensively acquired midfielder to make the right decisions.

Did you know?

Spurs have a 78% win rate in the league this season when Rose plays, compared with 46% when he doesn't.

FORWARD - EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR (Tottenham)

A colleague said to me recently that he got the distinct impression that "some people in the game" felt that Tim Sherwood's 4-4-2 approach to football showed him to be tactically inept. Considering Sherwood has won five of the six games since he took over - the latest a 3-1 win at Swansea - suggests to me that 'those people' don't know what they are talking about - whoever they are. That apart, he's one of the very few coaches that can get Adebayor to perform to his potential.

Did you know?

Adebayor now has 88 Premier League goals, one more than Dennis Bergkamp.

Team of the Week

Emmanuel Adebayor & Danny Rose both make Garth Crooks's Team of the Week

DEFENDER - DANNY ROSE (Tottenham)

Seeing Mousa Dembele miss the target, much to Emmanuel Adebayor's disgust, after impudently ignoring the unmarked striker when well placed to put Spurs 3-0 up against Swansea was frustrating. Danny Rose showed the Belgian precisely how it should be done minutes later when, in exactly the same position, he squared the ball to Adebayor to put the game beyond the hosts. It just goes to show that you don't have to be an expensively acquired midfielder to make the right decisions.

Did you know?

Spurs have a 78% win rate in the league this season when Rose plays, compared with 46% when he doesn't.

Team of the Week

Hmmm, a bit harsh on Dembele... Rose' decision to square the ball to Adebayor was a rather easier one to make what with 2 Swansea defenders blocking his path to goal, as opposed to Moussa who had just the goalie to beat.

Having said that, Dembele should've laid the ball off to the in-form striker what with the fact that he's already attained his customary 2 goals for the season!

What an amazing win considering Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Rose, Bentaleb, Lennon & Chadli were all terrible according the experts on this site. I have to wonder if some people have ever seen a game in their life, I'm sure most of them have never played at any level apart from FIFA 2012 or Football Manager.

I used to think the Liverpool fans were pathetic but some of the guys on here are in a class of their own

It's impossible to watch a game properly and post on here at the same time.

It's impossible to watch a game properly and post on here at the same time.

If im ever not in attendence i try to avoid reading or posting in the OMTs during a game - it's as though everyone shuts their brain off for 90 minutes

:D

No wonder Adebayor was threatening to have a fight with Dembele in his MotD2 interview what with Moussa not only failing to provide him with a tap in but also this rather odd way of celebrating with him after the first goal :-s

Twitter / 101greatgoals: Tottenham’s Moussa Dembele celebrates Emmanuel Adebayor’s goal by rubbing hand down his face [Vine] [url]http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/tottenhams-moussa-dembele-celebrates-emmanuel-adebayors-goal-by-rubbing-hand-down-his-face/ …[/URL]

I wondered if I had seen that right, thought I'd imagined it. Wonder what that was about?

It is always a great feeling when we win ! Even more so when we are on a winning run like now ! Also, it is great to get our 5th consecutive away win in the league ! But must say we have been getting our fair share of luck since Sherwood took over. Palace missed the penalty last week and this time Swansea hit the woodwork before we scored. Not sure how we would have reacted if Swansea had scored that as we started very poorly. We will need this kind of luck if we want to stay in the top 4 race.

Credit to Adebayor for scoring the 2 goals. Never thought he will make such an impact for us. But he has now scored 5 goals in 6 matches which is a great return. He seems to be on a good goal scoring form now but not sure if he can maintain the form until the season over. Despite Adebayor's goals was disappointed Sherwood didn't bring on either Soldado or Defoe especially after we went 3-0. Surely, we need to get other strikers scoring too as it is too risky to rely on Adebayor alone.

Thought our midfield did really well in this match. Swansea were very poor but our midfield did their part. Eriksen did really well to create the first goal for Adebayor with his inch-perfect cross. Suddenly Eriksen looks like Modric as he has now got 3 goals and 2 assists in his last 5 league matches. Hope he can continue this form. Dembele also played well but he really should have scored his one-on-one chance in the second half which he wasted. He should have atleast passed to Adebayor who was unmarked. Chadli should have done better with his chance in the first half as well. Expected more from Lennon but he didn't make much impact in the match.

Really disappointed we didn't keep a clean sheet in this match. After going 3-0 up, the defence simply got complacent. It would have helped our goal difference greatly if we had kept the clean sheet. Apart from that, was satisfied with the contribution of our defence. Swansea's attacks were shyte but our defence did their part. Rose did well to the create the second goal for Adebayor.

Really glad we won this match to extend our winning run in to 5 matches now. Just hope we can improve our home form like this.

Hmmm, a bit harsh on Dembele... Rose' decision to square the ball to Adebayor was a rather easier one to make what with 2 Swansea defenders blocking his path to goal, as opposed to Moussa who had just the goalie to beat.

Having said that, Dembele should've laid the ball off to the in-form striker what with the fact that he's already attained his customary 2 goals for the season!

Dembele was entitled to go for it.

It is always a great feeling when we win ! Even more so when we are on a winning run like now ! Also, it is great to get our 5th consecutive away win in the league ! But must say we have been getting our fair share of luck since Sherwood took over. Palace missed the penalty last week and this time Swansea hit the woodwork before we scored. Not sure how we would have reacted if Swansea had scored that as we started very poorly. We will need this kind of luck if we want to stay in the top 4 race.
Credit to Adebayor for scoring the 2 goals. Never thought he will make such an impact for us. But he has now scored 5 goals in 6 matches which is a great return. He seems to be on a good goal scoring form now but not sure if he can maintain the form until the season over. Despite Adebayor's goals was disappointed Sherwood didn't bring on either Soldado or Defoe especially after we went 3-0. Surely, we need to get other strikers scoring too as it is too risky to rely on Adebayor alone.

Thought our midfield did really well in this match. Swansea were very poor but our midfield did their part. Eriksen did really well to create the first goal for Adebayor with his inch-perfect cross. Suddenly Eriksen looks like Modric as he has now got 3 goals and 2 assists in his last 5 league matches. Hope he can continue this form. Dembele also played well but he really should have scored his one-on-one chance in the second half which he wasted. He should have atleast passed to Adebayor who was unmarked. Chadli should have done better with his chance in the first half as well. Expected more from Lennon but he didn't make much impact in the match.

Really disappointed we didn't keep a clean sheet in this match. After going 3-0 up, the defence simply got complacent. It would have helped our goal difference greatly if we had kept the clean sheet. Apart from that, was satisfied with the contribution of our defence. Swansea's attacks were shyte but our defence did their part. Rose did well to the create the second goal for Adebayor.

Really glad we won this match to extend our winning run in to 5 matches now. Just hope we can improve our home form like this.

I don't think you can maintain that sort of luck and this might be where Tim is tested. He's done well so far but I do think he's overachieving (in that we aren't gonna get 16 from every 18). At some stage we'll either concede when we are being bossed as should have happened against Palace and arguably Swansea or concede when we're dominating. It'll be interesting to see how we cope although we did fall behind to Southampton and came back and won.

I do fear for us a bit against City though. Can see them getting out of the blocks quickly and if we aren't at the races from the off, we'll be 1 or 2 down within 20 minutes.

Back