• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City, Sunday 19th January 13:30

this will be my first chance of watching a Tim Sherwood coached Spurs side play in the league - time to see what all the fuss is about :p

Spurs have got a 100% record in Europe this season.

Good chance of maintaining that with our second visit to Wales.

Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City

Lloris

Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose

Bentaleb, Dembele

Lennon, Eriksen, Chadli

Adebayor

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Holtby, Soldado, Capoue, Defoe, Sigurdsson

Tremmel, Rangel, Chico, Williams (c), Davies, Amat, Britton, Shelvey, Pozuelo, Routledge, Bony

Subs: Cornell, Tiendalli, Taylor, Richards, Lamah, Donnelly, Vazquez​

Last edited:
Swansea will dominate possession, as they've done to pretty much every team they've faced this season. As long as they have it in areas we deem not dangerous, we should be able to pick them off.

A bit sceptical about that team. We will definitely need a striker to drop down into midfield when we are not in possession of the ball.

Solly & ade need to work hard....otherwise we will be bang in trouble....

I expect ade to drop deep.

I'd bet most of those long throws come from Walker. We do seem unable to work a couple of yards space for a short throw in.

Big gripe of mine is Walkers aimless throws down the line of which we concede possession 90% of the time. May as well just give the ball to our opponents.
Watching other teams they just move around until one player loses his marker and normally comes short and plays the ball back to the thrower, thus keeping possession.
Are we just lazy or lack basic intelligent movement?
Amazing our coaching staff haven't picked up on this , especially under AVB , he only had 18 months to sort this out!

A bit sceptical about that team. We will definitely need a striker to drop down into midfield when we are not in possession of the ball.

Isn't this team exactly what many have asked for? More men in midfield. We have some quality players! Lets hope we see them performing as a team today!! COS

I would have liked to have stuck with the norm but it does throw away the theory that Timmy is just a 442 type of guy.

Back