• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City, Sunday 19th January 13:30

big game for chadders.......gonna be interesting to see which positions the players take up.

big test for tim we would have worked on this shape in the week lets see how it goes.

Pretty excited about this side. With 'Bent-bele' shielding the defence, and the four creative attacking players able to take the game to them. As well as Bentaleb picking passes to set free attacks, and Dembele able to drive into their defence when the chance arises.

Just hope the the two anchoring midfield players are good enough defensively. Neither are as accomplished as say Sandro at closing the ball down and tackling.

Soldado to get two from the bench. Pleeeeeeease!!

Glad to see the rather lame argument that TS is a 4-4-2 inflexible monkey blown out of water.

Eriksen becomes the key in this formation. While Ade has to stay upfield - which is not always his thing. If Eriksen can link up play and play some one-twos with Ade it will work. If Eriksen is cut out the game then Ade may be a bit isolated.

Alternatively, TS could have Ade and Eriksen swapping positions, with Ade able to come deep and Eriksen making runs. Time will tell...

I really, really don't rate Chadli and I'm disappointed to see him starting today. I hope he can prove me wrong but he looks craap to me.

I would have preferred 4-4-2 and not sure why Chadli is starting.

perhaps this is tims reaction to the Arsenal defeat as Swansea are very similar.....im curious to see what positions eriksen & chadli pick up.

I also think benching Solly is understandable especially after his contribution against palace...he needed a kick up the ass

Chadli has the tools no? Big powerful, a 'real handful' for defenders. He could score today. Has an eye for goal. He also helps with set pieces. Glad he is being given a run out personally.

perhaps this is tims reaction to the Arsenal defeat as Swansea are very similar.....im curious to see what positions eriksen & chadli pick up.

I also think benching Solly is understandable especially after his contribution against palace...he needed a kick up the ass

Or a rest! He's played in almost every league game and has run his socks off in most.

Fair points.

I just like Eriksen in his current position on the left, not a big fan of him from what i've seen in the middle. Chadli imo is very 'meh' so i'm unsure why he's starting but i can see sherwood's thinking behind it at least.

Chadli has the tools no? Big powerful, a 'real handful' for defenders. He could score today. Has an eye for goal. He also helps with set pieces. Glad he is being given a run out personally.

Agreed, I can see this being his break through game.

Fair points.

I just like Eriksen in his current position on the left, not a big fan of him from what i've seen in the middle. Chadli imo is very 'meh' so i'm unsure why he's starting but i can see sherwood's thinking behind it at least.

Eriksen was awesome for one game in the no 10 role, but then got marked out the game. If he has time he will can cause havoc in that role. But if he's marked out the game, there needs to be a plan B. Like Ade swapping positions with Eriksen, dragging defenders out of position. Or Eriksen moving to the wings doubling up with Lennon and Chadli etc.

FRom that starting 11 i would prefer to see:

-----------------------------Lloris--------------------------------

Walker--------------Dawson-------Chiriches-------------Rose

Chadli----------------Benteleb------Dembele-------------Eriksen

-------------------------------------Lennon----------------------

-------------------------Adebayor--------------------------------

Anyone remember Lennon playing off berbatov in the chelsea cup game in 07? he tore them a new *******. Chadli's best performance for us was his cameo against Southampton on the right, and Eriksen has been very dangerous on the left. Yep, that's what i would prefer to see.

Back