• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland, Saturday 7th December KO 17:30***

I expect Defoe and Lamala will be rotated back out for this one

I think AVB will go with

------------Lloris
Walker Dawson Chiriches Naughton
-------Sandro Dembele
Lennon----Paulinho--Chadli
-----------Soldado

Thats your starting X1 right there. Not that it would be my choice, but I think it is what AVB will go for

Nice and loud today please people...I shall be very quiet as I'm sat right in the middle of the Mackams and I like my life...

I've done that 4 times in the past Everton(twice),City and United. I sympathise its no fun at all. Granted one of the times at Everton we won, so deep down I was over the moon, but I remember the time at OT, we had won tickets off the local radio station, so naturally they were in the United end. Couldnt believe how sh#t it felt looking over to the very vocal Spurs fans wishing we were in amongst them, plus we lost 1-0 (Giggs free-kick) to boot.

Hope deep down you get to enjoy the result today, even if you cant out loud

Last edited:
The Lads are playing good stuff at the moment and I am confident about tonight. Looking forward to a titanic performance from Jozy and a good win. Koh Samui salutes Gus for the grand job he is doing. HHHHAHAAAWWWWAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!

It's going to be a good game...& I fancy our chances..

I'm surprisingly confident, would prefer if Soldado plays or even better Adabayor than Defoe though, the rat faced, goalkeeper knacking poacher.

3 points will do us the word of good tonight, can't see West Ham or Norwich getting anything today and Fulham don't play today, if we can get three points we'll only be 1 point away from being out of the bottom 3 and it would give us confidence for the two games against West Ham and Norwich coming up, I've also got an inkling we will beat Spurs and West Ham or West Ham and Norwich and we'll be out of the bottom 3 before Xmas, haway lads give the fans a nice early Xmas present.

And surprisingly was optimistic at our chances of staying up looking at the 5 teams above us and their recent form, we have a better squad than them and play better football.

This coming from a doom monger as well.

Our good performances will reap rewards as from tommorow
2.0 win

Tomorrow will be remembered as the loss that got AVB sacked.

Think we'll get something out of tomorrow's game

I was confident about this game following the Chelsea performance but just finished watching match of the day re-run. They seemed to do ok at the edge of the box and lately we keep leaving players free there. Has me a tad worried

They are nee Chelsea - we have a chance
Get into them & fck them up

We played well against chelsea. I havent left the ground this season and thought we've played poorly. Not once.

I think once we get out of this position and put a few results together we are in for the best period of football we will have seen since Reid. He will bring in a few players in January that will stamp his style on the team and I also think we could be in for a few surprises at the exit door

Very early days, but at least we are managing to keep possession from throw-ins for the first time in my lifetime.

Wow,their fans are more confident of beating us than the City fans were the other week

yep they seem impressed with gus.....those overall comments seem to suggest compared to the posters on this thread they are alot more confident of getting a result.

I'm not dismissing Paulinho, but the guy has played a lot of football since the international break. Surely he could do with a rest

yep they seem impressed with gus.....those overall comments seem to suggest compared to the posters on this thread they are alot more confident of getting a result.

Yeah, I haven't watched any of their games, but apparently even when not getting results their performances have been good.

Certainly not going to be an easy game, I hope we're up for the fight from the get go unlike for the Fulham match.

Yeah, I haven't watched any of their games, but apparently even when not getting results their performances have been good.

Certainly not going to be an easy game, I hope we're up for the fight from the get go unlike for the Fulham match.

sounds really obvious but the first goal if there is one will be crucial........I cant see us clawing back a deficit like we did against fulham.....when I watched sunderland vs city I was very impressed with how they held on and there defensive organisation.

At the same time I cant help the feeling that somewhere in the near future everything will click for us and we will get the luck required as well........heres hoping.

I think we need some pretty hefty rotation for this one...Fulham was an intense game that we had to really fight through to get the points. I don't think we'll be able to raise our game to the level required to beat a Sunderland team that seem to be playing well under Poyet without doing so. The other point on that is, they seemed to try to raise their game against Chelsea, so if they try it again they may not match us because we have the better squad.

Lloris

Walker
Dawson / Kaboul
Chiriches
Naughton

Capoue
Dembele / Sandro

Townsend
Holtby
Sigurdsson / Chadli

Soldado

I'm inclined to play Kaboul if fit ahead of Dawson, depending on how he has looked in training and whether he has the sharpness. Dawson's slip showed tiredness / a lack of concentration and I don't think we need that in the team today. Doesn't mean he's out for good, but I think Kaboul if fit deserves a chance.

Dembele if fit, Sandro if not. Just to keep the rotation up and make sure we are fresh in the middle of the park. Capoue instead of Paulinho. I really rate Paulinho and think he is getting a lot of harsh criticism on here, but today again for rotation's sake I think this is a good opportunity for Capoue to show what he is made of.

Towsend on the right, giving Lennon a rest. Holtby in the middle after his goal - not the game for Lamela for me. With Sigurdssson and Chadli, I think either will do a good job and it just depends on what exactly we want from that position. I'm inclined to go with Sigurdsson because he hasn't played much recently, but that in itself isn't enough to get into the team. We have too many players for the wide positions and we need to let one go in January. I just can't figure out who it would be.

Soldado in for Defoe. I have a feeling this could be the game for him.

Don't think it's that big need for players to be rotated, rather give most a rest against Anzhi in mid week.
Hope to see Chadli back in the team, think he makes us more solid, also Lennon and Soldado.

Lloris;
Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Fryers;
Sandro, Dembele;
Lennon, Paulinho, Chadli;
Soldado.

I think I'd still rather Naughton over Fryers.

I still don't see Fryers as a left back, he had two games at centre half in pre-season against Monaco and Espanyol and I still think he looked better there then he ever has at left back for us in the Europa League. He just doesn't look comfortable on the ball at left back, doesn't ADD too much going forward and just looks nervous. We should be grooming him for centre back in my opinion, play him alongside a more experienced centre half in the Europa League to get him the more experience he needs.

Can see this being a tough match. Sunderland have beaten ManCity and almost beaten Chelsea there recently. Also, with Poyet's Spurs connection, they will be up for this match. But we have a good record there in recent years. So, there is no reason why we cannot win now. Lennon inspired us there last season. Similiarly, hope someone will step up and lead us to another win here. We really need to win this match to improve our league standings. After getting that important win against Fulham, it will be disappointing if we cannot continue that here.

It is really disappointing that both Defoe and Soldado are not scoring any league goals now. When Soldado scored that well-taken goal against Villa, thought he would go on to score more like that. Instead he has not looked like scoring and has wasted many chances since then. Defoe has only started 2 league matches so far but still wasted a few good chances that came his way. It is amazing how Defoe has looked clinical in Cup matches but wastefull in league matches. wish Adebayor is fit to give us more options in attack. Disappointingly, Lamela too has not make use of the chances to score in the league. But you cannot blame Lamela as he needs more time to get used to the league. Just hope Soldado and Defoe will improve and score in this match, if they play.

Boom shaka laka a settled midfield by now. But only Sandro has looked consistent so far this season. Others like Dembele and Paulinho has been inconsistent so far. But I guess we have to start Dembele as he is more experienced than others. I won't mind if Paulinho is rested as he has been very poor in recent matches. After being our key player at the start of the season, he has really struggled in recent matches. I think Holtby and Lennon should start as both have done well in recent matches. After scoring that crucial goal against Fulham, hope Holtby will be hungry to score more. I would prefer to start Lamela over Townsend but not sure Lamela will start after playing against Fulham. Still not convinced of Townsend but hope he will do well if he starts.

I think this match will be won or lost in defence. Our defending has not been good in recent matches. We cannot seem to keep a clean sheet nowadays. With Vertonghen out injured, it is going to be even more difficult to stop Sunderland attacks. After scoring 3 goals against Chelsea, can see Sunderland fired up for this match. Hope Lloris can somehow lead the defence to stop them. Hope Dawon and Chiriches will avoid any silly mistakes. It is going to be a big match for Naughton if he starts. It will be great if we can keep a clean sheet in this match.

Hope we will turn up for this match with a positive mentality. We really should be beating teams like Sunderland to stay in the top 4 race. Hope we will get that much-needed win.

Can see this being a tough match. Sunderland have beaten ManCity and almost beaten Chelsea there recently. Also, with Poyet's Spurs connection, they will be up for this match. But we have a good record there in recent years. So, there is no reason why we cannot win now. Lennon inspired us there last season. Similiarly, hope someone will step up and lead us to another win here. We really need to win this match to improve our league standings. After getting that important win against Fulham, it will be disappointing if we cannot continue that here.

It is really disappointing that both Defoe and Soldado are not scoring any league goals now. When Soldado scored that well-taken goal against Villa, thought he would go on to score more like that. Instead he has not looked like scoring and has wasted many chances since then. Defoe has only started 2 league matches so far but still wasted a few good chances that came his way. It is amazing how Defoe has looked clinical in Cup matches but wastefull in league matches. wish Adebayor is fit to give us more options in attack. Disappointingly, Lamela too has not make use of the chances to score in the league. But you cannot blame Lamela as he needs more time to get used to the league. Just hope Soldado and Defoe will improve and score in this match, if they play.

Boom shaka laka a settled midfield by now. But only Sandro has looked consistent so far this season. Others like Dembele and Paulinho has been inconsistent so far. But I guess we have to start Dembele as he is more experienced than others. I won't mind if Paulinho is rested as he has been very poor in recent matches. After being our key player at the start of the season, he has really struggled in recent matches. I think Holtby and Lennon should start as both have done well in recent matches. After scoring that crucial goal against Fulham, hope Holtby will be hungry to score more. I would prefer to start Lamela over Townsend but not sure Lamela will start after playing against Fulham. Still not convinced of Townsend but hope he will do well if he starts.

I think this match will be won or lost in defence. Our defending has not been good in recent matches. We cannot seem to keep a clean sheet nowadays. With Vertonghen out injured, it is going to be even more difficult to stop Sunderland attacks. After scoring 3 goals against Chelsea, can see Sunderland fired up for this match. Hope Lloris can somehow lead the defence to stop them. Hope Dawon and Chiriches will avoid any silly mistakes. It is going to be a big match for Naughton if he starts. It will be great if we can keep a clean sheet in this match.

Hope we will turn up for this match with a positive mentality. We really should be beating teams like Sunderland to stay in the top 4 race. Hope we will get that much-needed win.

Good post.

It was a big win last year at the Stadium of Light. We went 1-0 down in the first half and we came out of the blocks flying in the second half with the own goal and then Lennons winner a few minutes later. I remember Sandro having an absolute blinder that game and that was a few weeks before the season ending injury. We were very strong in the second half of the game, defended particularly well. In fact Naughton played left back in that game and played well.

I think I'd still rather Naughton over Fryers.

I still don't see Fryers as a left back, he had two games at centre half in pre-season against Monaco and Espanyol and I still think he looked better there then he ever has at left back for us in the Europa League. He just doesn't look comfortable on the ball at left back, doesn't ADD too much going forward and just looks nervous. We should be grooming him for centre back in my opinion, play him alongside a more experienced centre half in the Europa League to get him the more experience he needs.

I think Fryers most recent game in the Europa at left back showed he had improved from his earlier performances there in the season. But then again, even when he played against Villa, despite obviously needing to improve a lot, he showed some good decision making when he was in a dangerous position.

Then in his most recent game, I think he looked like he had improved a lot. Seemed to have a bit more pace, which probably came from the improved confidence to drive forward. And his crosses in were whipped dangerously. I think there is potential there, as from clearly looking like a youngster, he got to a point where he looked like he was contributing along with the rest of the team. Baby steps, but I quite like baby steps rather than a Dean Marney esque debut followed by a tremendous fall from grace.

That said, would definitely start Naughton today.

Any official team news yet ?

Really wish Adebayor and Rose are fit now. They will give us more options in attack. Hope we play well but won't mind how we play as long as we win.

Back