• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Monaco***

every single one of them

we made them look good tonight, we saw the real Monaco last season

Monaco are markedly improved this season in France, top of the league and going well.

We looked like We did against Everton, Liverpool and the first twenty minutes against Stoke.

We lack pace up front and it is going to cost us for the foreseeable future......

Kane was also selfish in some positions.
There was a moment he could just have make a simple flat cross/pass to the penalty box , Janssen was already there and was unmarked, eventually Kane cut inside, made a shot and was blocked by Monaco defender.

every single one of them

we made them look good tonight, we saw the real Monaco last season

Nah, we saw the real Monaco today. They're really good. They can sit back and coolly absorb pressure, something we really can't do - that alone should show you that they're no amateurs.

There's no shame in losing to Monaco - indeed, there's no shame in losing to any of the clubs in our group, and I've always found claims that we'd walk it somewhat bewildering. I was looking forward to it because it was a supremely even group - I couldn't fathom why people thought we had a right to beat any of the teams in it, since they're all on our level.

What frustrates me is that our loss was so avoidable. Kane was awful, the team conceded two really stupid goals and we looked out of ideas for the entirety of the last twenty minutes. That was not Tottenham Hotspur on form. And while I'm inclined to put it down as a learning experience and move on, I'm a bit sad that our first glimpse of Spurs in front of 85,000 people saw them predictably disappoint, is all.

Fortunately the other two sides in the group drew, so we will probably finish second, get one of the big boys and those who you who moaned about us not getting a glamour team can moan that we finished second in the group and therefore got a glamour team.

Aaarrrgggghhhjj

Anyone seen my knee?!!?!

Poch out - brickcnut

Oh wait, it's a narrow defeat to an experienced side.
Both player and coach should learn alot

Monaco are markedly improved this season in France, top of the league and going well.

We looked like We did against Everton, Liverpool and the first twenty minutes against Stoke.

We lack pace up front and it is going to cost us for the foreseeable future......

It didn't last season though...

Nah, we saw the real Monaco today. They're really good. They can sit back and coolly absorb pressure, something we really can't do - that alone should show you that they're no amateurs.

There's no shame in losing to Monaco - indeed, there's no shame in losing to any of the clubs in our group, and I've always found claims that we'd walk it somewhat bewildering. I was looking forward to it because it was a supremely even group - I couldn't fathom why people thought we had a right to beat any of the teams in it, since they're all on our level.

What frustrates me is that our loss was so avoidable. Kane was awful, the team conceded two really stupid goals and we looked out of ideas for the entirety of the last twenty minutes. That was not Tottenham Hotspur on form. And while I'm inclined to put it down as a learning experience and move on, I'm a bit sad that our first glimpse of Spurs in front of 85,000 people saw them predictably disappoint, is all.
Poch now has plenty to work on before our next Cl game. And we lost the first game of our group last time out - although that game ended up being much more fun, despite the loss.

the french league collapsed in the summer, easy to be top of the league now Zlatan has gone

agree on other points, we are a million miles from last seasons peak, early days though

So good they managed two shots on target? Good CL teams create chances. They won't qualify from the group imo.

Luckily I missed the first half hour trying to find a pub with the game on (St James Park apparently is too tossy for football) - ended up in Euston Flyer

I can't believe we have a striker like Harry and we don't allow him to stay as far forward as possible, get him in the box and just continually feed him the ball.

Stats show he tends to have 2 or 3 touches of the ball in the penalty area in each game. That's just abysmal

Poch now has plenty to work on before our next Cl game. And we lost the first game of our group last time out - although that game ended up being much more fun, despite the loss.

True, although (iirc) that was away, and with ten men, and was the foundational game of the saga of Gareth Bale. :) There's less significance in this one - it was at home, in front of 85,000 people and our new Bale (one of our own this time, too) turned out to to be a bit of a damp rag. :p Still, you're right, Poch has some things to work on, and it's better that they expose themselves now rather than only once we move into the damn place for the full season next year.

Our passing was off and defensively we were poor. We looked nervous. They found space easily between our defence and midfield. I am hoping this is just early season blues.Thought sissoko looked good when he came on. Janssen needs match sharpness as does the Moose, but good to see him back at last. I feel more confident when dembele is on the pitch.

So good they managed two shots on target? Good CL teams create chances. They won't qualify from the group imo.

Good CL teams don't necessarily create chances as much as they take them ruthlessly and then deny them to the opposition. Or are twice-beaten finalists Atletico Madrid not a good CL side? Because they regularly play like Monaco did today.

Unlucky. Both of Monaco's goals were bingo goals. Lucky. We weren't great, but not bad either. I wouldn't put too much into this. We'll advance. I'm sure of it. And if not, who cares, it's not like we're going to win the thing anyway. :D

Sent from my D6603 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back