• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Monaco***

Can't let in soft goals in the CL and still win games -- especially at Wembley.

On the plus side, we were pretty unlucky and could still win the other games if our defence is as tight as it usually is

Quite simply, we still arent good enough.

Alright beating the Stoke Citys and Palaces of the premiership, but not clinical enough against better opposition. Not too confident of reaching the knockout stages if we cant win our 'home' matches

Too casual and wasteful in the first half, and got punished for it with sucker punches. Can't have any complaints.

A very poor lethargic performance by Spurs. Monaco never needed to step up a gear. We couldn't step up a gear. It is clear that Kane is off form. Erikson's mind isnt at the club this season. I dont get why Poch didnt start with Dembele. Alli is shackled in CM. Spurs are clearly not good enough to come out of this group.

I thought the front four were all equally poor.
Only outfield starter to escape criticism for me is walker.

I thought Alli and Toby were the only two who stepped up to the occasion. Big game players with broader shoulders tonight.

We had plenty of chances, but couldn't get the goals. Hesitant. New home, its normal.

And y
Why? He's carried the ball well, shown up when others haven't. Eriksen far more worthy of criticism imo.

Dele was our best player. Most likely to make something happen. He showed far more than his older teammates i.e. Slow coach lost Kane, Lanky ball loser Lamela, Too concerned about Pain Son and Miss World Contestant Erikson.

Janssen looks like a Dutch second devision forward, no pace and poor touch!

So far his only asset seems to be his strength in the tackle. Good as that it is, I want to see my forwards able to score goals, right now him, and Kane, dont look anywhere lethal enough.
Up to now he has just looked a similar forward to Kane, but as Jenas rightly pointed out we really needed an alternative forward to Kane, one that has a bit of pace

I think that would have been a different result at WHL.
We got beaten by the strangeness of playing a home game at Wembley with the expectation that we would win, and the size of the pitch.
i expect us to beat them away.

We will not win anything this season with Kane and Janssen leading the line no pace and no threat!

Stoke were abject and that was something I was afraid of.

And y

Dele was our best player. Most likely to make something happen. He showed far more than his older teammates i.e. Slow coach lost Kane, Lanky ball loser Lamela, Too concerned about Pain Son and Miss World Contestant Erikson.

Thing is we did create chances. Lots.

Nervous in attack and defence. We could have scored 2 or 3 before they scored the first.

I think that would have been a different result at WHL.
We got beaten by the strangeness of playing a home game at Wembley with the expectation that we would win, and the size of the pitch.
i expect us to beat them away.

Expect us to beat them away based on what?

Well, we aren't as good as we think we are. It's a good wake-up call in that respect. We ran out of ideas after the 70th minute, and against elite opposition (which every one of our CL opponents are), we cannot give up goals like we did.

Positives

- Looked assured from about the 46th minute to the 70th, which bodes well for our chances in future games.

- Walker was dependable on the right, and Eriksen was involved in many of our best moves in the middle.

- Toby didn't really put a foot wrong, despite bring part of a defense which conceded those easy goals.

Negatives

- Kane started completely spent, and ended it even more spent. He ran a lot, but he had no real quality on the ball and never really threatened them, even when through on goal.

- Alli was pretty bad, both in midfield next to Dier and higher up.

- Davies really struggled when directly up against Lemar, and we could have used Rose's attacking energy down the left.

- The team as a whole ran out of ideas after the 70th minute - even on a bigger pitch, we couldn't penetrate a team camped in their half, and it's an enduring weakness.

Ah, well. Frustrating to start at home with a loss in front of 85,000 people, but we really, really can't concede such stupid goals and look to recover in the CL. Learning experience, and it's good that our naivety was exposed as early as it was, because it gives us time to recover.

tinkled off with the result.
More tinkled that after their first, against the run of play, we were so slow and static.
The tempo was brick until we then came storming out the blocks for the first 20 mins of 2nd half.
Then slowed down and simply wasn't clinical enough. Frustrating!

Dembele improved us a lot when he came on. SHows his importance to us

Sounds an odd comment but, had we not gifted them two goals, it would have been a poor 1-0 win. They didnt have to work for their goals, but they didnt gift us any.

Silver lining was that (i) they look beatable for when we go to France and (ii) the other game was a draw

So far his only asset seems to be his strength in the tackle. Good as that it is, I want to see my forwards able to score goals, right now him, and Kane, dont look anywhere lethal enough.
Up to now he has just looked a similar forward to Kane, but as Jenas rightly pointed out we really needed an alternative forward to Kane, one that has a bit of pace

Rather get Soldado back and I'm not joking.......

Thing is we did create chances. Lots. Just nervous. Both in attack and defence. We could have scored 2 or 3 before they scored.

We were slow, didnt move the ball fast enough and didnt take our chances. Kane even shot the ball straight at the keeper. At times it looked like we were shooting just for the sake of shooting. I am going to play a violent computer game.

Back