• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Sunday 31st August 1330 KO***

Its important not to be greedy but winning today puts us 6 ahead of Liverpool, 7 ahead of Man utd, 3 ahead of City, and a minimal 2 ahead of Arsenal.

now its early in the season, and I understand we are a work in progress under poch, but we need any buffer we can get over our rivals, particularly if we have a chance of achieving a top 4 finish. Were at home, we have confidence, the crowd will be up for this, the players are buying into our manager!

Those are small margins mentioned above and its insanely early in the season, players are rested after rotation, we need to go all out for the win, We NEED to beat top 4 rivals at home, its massive!

Lloris

Dier Fazio Verts Rose

Capoue Bentaleb

Lamela Eriksen Chadli

Ade​

That's probably the personnel I'd go with, but I think I'd like to see Chadli in the centre a bit more. Try and bully Gerrard out of the game.

There won't be too much cover in their midfield, Henderson and someone (coutinho?) in their midfield three like to press and Gerrard doesn't really have the legs to track the runners. There are opportunities for lamela and Eriksen to make diagonal runs from their respective wings and have a lot of joy.

This is still early days and I'm loving how we're doing things this season .

W , L or D I'm in love again!........................................COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For squad harmony's sake , I think Kaboul will start, with Fazio coming on from the bench.

Don't like sounding defeatist but i would be happy with a draw. We've won our first couple of league games and have a nice run of games coming up. Not losing is the key. Obviously i'd LOVE a win, but won't be downhearted with a draw. All about getting points on the board and improving on the equivalent disappointing results last year.

We should be looking to win all our home games - today is no different, a draw will be points dropped AFAIC. That's not to say we can't take positives from a good performance and only a draw to show for it.

So Johnson and Flanagan are defo out. Moreno a doubt and Skrtl carrying a knock. Potentially it could be a back four of Lovren Toure Mnaquillo and Enrique (who has been out for a year)

Maybe Rodgers will go for 3 in middle to cover them.

We should be looking to win all our home games - today is no different, a draw will be points dropped AFAIC. That's not to say we can't take positives from a good performance and only a draw to show for it.

But we have to remember that Liverpool are "special". Very special, unique in the entire world in fact, the universe even. They possess qualities that no other team has. It is in their DNA. This specialness is hard to quantify but that it exists cannot be doubted. If we even manage to score against this special and magical team it would be a miracle. How they don't win the League every year is almost beyond comprehension and proves the corruptness of the game.

So Johnson and Flanagan are defo out. Moreno a doubt and Skrtl carrying a knock. Potentially it could be a back four of Lovren Toure Mnaquillo and Enrique (who has been out for a year)

Could see Can (or possibly even Lucas) in as an additional midfielder with defensive ability to cover. Or possibly Sakho in and a 3 at the back (actually I think Sakho alongside Lovren is much more likely than Toure).

Rodgers does have some previous showing up with surprising line-ups and formations, can't be too sure about how they'll line up. I do think Moreno will be fit based on what some Liverpool fans have been saying.

Could see Can (or possibly even Lucas) in as an additional midfielder with defensive ability to cover. Or possibly Sakho in and a 3 at the back (actually I think Sakho alongside Lovren is much more likely than Toure).

Rodgers does have some previous showing up with surprising line-ups and formations, can't be too sure about how they'll line up. I do think Moreno will be fit based on what some Liverpool fans have been saying.
How did I forget Sakho. Yes that's the obvious choice.

It's going to be Manquillo - Lovren - Sakho - Moreno.

i think it's a case of e who dares..wins..rodney. both backlines are suspect. if our trio of creative players can get in behind gerrard and go through the middle of theirs, we will win. COYS!!

I don't think anyone is saying that we shouldn't look to win.

How did I forget Sakho. Yes that's the obvious choice.

Obviously choice, but like the others potentially some weaknesses there that can be exploited.

i think it's a case of e who dares..wins..rodney. both backlines are suspect. if our trio of creative players can get in behind gerrard and go through the middle of theirs, we will win. COYS!!

That's essentially why I think the midfield battle will be so important. It's about daring, but also about getting the chances to get at the backlines, and whoever wins the midfield should get more chances. (That being said, wouldn't put it beyond Rodgers to accept losing out on possession and go for a counter attacking strategy, but winning the midfield will still be very important.)

#THFC team: Lloris; Dier, Kaboul (c), Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Capoue; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Adebayor.

#THFC subs: Friedel, Chiriches, Davies, Dembele, Holtby, Townsend, Kane

Liverpool team: Mignolet, Manquillo, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Henderson, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Liverpool subs: Jones, Enrique, Toure, Can, Markovic, Lambert, Coutinho

Back