• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds Utd

Hopefully Leeds do a Southampton and leave themselves wide open by pushing high up defensively - could play right in to our hands though i don't know if they play a little more conservative when playing away?

So in 2 hours time we could either be:
- 3rd and looking forward to 2021 with some optimism; or
- level with Leeds, Southampton, West Ham etc and the calls for Jose's head ramping up

Hopefully Leeds do a Southampton and leave themselves wide open by pushing high up defensively - could play right in to our hands though i don't know if they play a little more conservative when playing away?

Hope so. Not sure we’re the same side that exploited SCBC naivety so ruthlessly, but perhaps the Fulham lurgy rest will have restored some of the missing vim.

So in 2 hours time we could either be:
- 3rd and looking forward to 2021 with some optimism; or
- level with Leeds, Southampton, West Ham etc and the calls for Jose's head ramping up

Sadly I fear the latter. Unless Mourinho has a change of plan up his sleeve, but letting Leeds have a lot of the ball and chances to shoot will only end one way

This is a game where the second goal is key
Sounds odd I know but we know the way we play when we sit on a lead
Also know the way we play when we’re chasing games (our best attacking performances)
We also know Leeds don’t defend with any where near the bodies needed and played midweek
So the second goal is crucial for momentum of the game

This is a must-win match ! After being winless in 4 league matches, we badly need to get back to winning form by beating Leeds. We cannot afford to drop anymore valuable points in the coming matches. We cannot do the same mistake we did against Wolves when we led for most of the match but ended up drawing. We must be ruthless and clinical against Leeds to make sure we win this match. We have a good record against Leeds in the record, winning 4 and drawing 1 of our last 5 matches against them. We need to make use of the record to get another win in this match. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Leeds and move up the league table.

Jose seems rattled with the whole negative label. Especially in regards to our second half performances. Personally I would prefer a coach who didn't react to media pressure about style and stuck to what he believes is best. I might dislike the style but I'm more worried about him changing due to noise from media.

The media, weathervanes that they are, will often just run with the fan noise.
I fear that a small but disproportionately gobby section of the fanbase give the impression that Spurs fans aren't overly happy with what's going on.
So if Jose reacts to the media he's actually reacting to some of the fans. Who will, ironically. likely be first to lambast him for making changes if they don't work.

I was thinking about this last night - what is more important for us today....a win? Or the performance?

I kind of think the win is, however given how desperate our performances have been, a 1-0 win in our usual sitting back/counter style where we have 40% (at best) possession will just turn more people against Jose. I feel we're at the tipping point.

Man U v Villa last night was far more entertaining that we've usually been this season. Depressing to write that, but a neutral would prefer to watch either of those at the moment rather than us

Were falling behind the chasing pack so I think the win is most important but completely agree the performance is important too.

The media, weathervanes that they are, will often just run with the fan noise.
I fear that a small but disproportionately gobby section of the fanbase give the impression that Spurs fans aren't overly happy with what's going on.
So if Jose reacts to the media he's actually reacting to some of the fans. Who will, ironically. likely be first to lambast him for making changes if they don't work.
Are you truly happy?

Looking at the team lineup, really don't like Winks starting this match. He is only good enough to play against shyte teams like Burnley. Leeds are a decent team who can trouble us. Sissoko should have started instead. Too bad Lamela is not available due to him going to the Christmas party with Lo Celso. We are going to miss him. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get the much needed win to move up the league table.

Back