• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds Utd

I was thinking about this last night - what is more important for us today....a win? Or the performance?

I kind of think the win is, however given how desperate our performances have been, a 1-0 win in our usual sitting back/counter style where we have 40% (at best) possession will just turn more people against Jose. I feel we're at the tipping point.

Man U v Villa last night was far more entertaining that we've usually been this season. Depressing to write that, but a neutral would prefer to watch either of those at the moment rather than us
You're not wrong.

Playing the way we have been for the last 6 or so games is acceptable when you're winning but as soon as the results dry up it is not a style of play that buys one any degree of time with the fan base. We like entertaining football, it's what we've all grown up on. Even when we were completely inept we still tried (and failed [emoji28]) to play entertaining football. It was crap but we knew we were trying.

I've watched a lot of Mourinho teams over the years, his original Chelsea side, Inter and pretty much every Real Madrid match and what we here is nothing comparable. At the start of the season and up to the West Ham game I could see the progress towards the rapier style counter side that his R Madrid were, but that has dissipated and now we just play this cowardly crab camped in out own box style that bears little resemblance to anything he has done previously and isn't even effective.

If we must play this way he bloody will better make sure we win because there is no reason to play this way against the majority of the league.

I’ve been thinking about this and unless Mourinho is planning a huge change in tactics Dele just doesn’t fit his team. Dele does his best work in and around the opposition’s penalty area. He is great at creating or scoring a chance against a tightly packed defence. Problem is that under Mourinho in the PL we typically have it in and around the opponents box only a handful of times in a game.

I’ve been thinking about this and unless Mourinho is planning a huge change in tactics Dele just doesn’t fit his team. Dele does his best work in and around the opposition’s pelanty area. He is great at creating or scoring a chance against a tightly packed defence. Problem is that under Mourinho in the PL we typically have it in and around the opponents box only a handful of times in a game.

Agree that Dele doesnt have a future at Spurs under Mourinho. I think he'll play today and against Marine though in order to manage the workload of Ndombele and without GLC available

Agree that Dele doesnt have a future at Spurs under Mourinho. I think he'll play today and against Marine though in order to manage the workload of Ndombele and without GLC available

I would counter this by saying Spurs don't have a future under Mourinho if he doesn't get more attacking with his tactics (which in turn would allow more room for a player like Dele)

Fwiw the guardian have both he and Ndombele starting today which is a good sign

Our team news has landed!

Starting XI: Lloris (c), Doherty, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies, Hojbjerg, Winks, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Son, Kane.

Substitutes: Hart, Rodon, Tanganga, Reguilon, Gedson, Sissoko, Dele, Lucas, Vinicius.

Jose makes two changes from Wolves last weekend, with Alderweireld and Bergwijn returning in place of Sanchez and Reguilon.

Good team. Please that Jose has hopefully realised the limitations of Sissoko alongside PEH in CM

Not sure who this 'Gedson' person is though on the bench....

Gedson on the bench...didnt realise we were down to the bare bones. Was nobody better available to fill the bench??

Aurier not in the squad?

Regullion left on the bench - guess that says how much attacking we want our fullbacks doing today

Actually thought this was a game for sissoko over winks as the athletic ability to stop fast paced Leeds attacks might be needed.

Jose seems rattled with the whole negative label. Especially in regards to our second half performances. Personally I would prefer a coach who didn't react to media pressure about style and stuck to what he believes is best. I might dislike the style but I'm more worried about him changing due to noise from media.

Jose caring what the meeja thinks? Really?

Fallout from the Leicester game? Looked like he properly lost his head in the second half after he’d given the pen away. He wasn’t on the bench against Wolves either, was he?

Was on the bench, but its a good spot. Odd that he's not on the bench

Back