• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds Utd

So just looking on a Leeds forum and the majority of their fans on there claim they gifted us 3 goals and they were the much better side and deserved something out of the game.

just goes to show how deluded fans are.

So just looking on a Leeds forum and the majority of their fans on there claim they gifted us 3 goals and they were the much better side and deserved something out of the game.

Their a cult don’t forget
They have a view that every hate them so they will defend themselves

Some truth to that. We ended up winning by three and four periods of the game at least looked much more likely to score again.

They did gift us that crucial first goal and the others. Had they gotten the first goal it would have been a very different game. At 0-0 I don't think we were that much more likely to score first.

However, given their style and our style they were always quite likely to "gift" us goals. They play a high risk style across the board and we're rather good at turning that into chances and goals. So I think them "gifting" us a goal, or multiple goals, was always quite likely. Particularly as we were playing better than we have done in recent weeks.

Can’t imagine Levy is refusing cash as a matter of principle. Not unless he’s taken a serious whack to the head. More likely he hasn’t had the right offer yet.
There was talk that Levy wanted £25 million a year which I assume the market considers to be over the going rate. We’re now in our third season with no sponsorship so assuming we could’ve signed a £15m a year deal we’re perhaps £45 million down on where we could be. Hopefully the deal Levy eventually ends up doing sees us make up that amount and more.

I don't think there has been a radical tactical change today, the difference for me has been better use of the ball on the break.
Looked to me like the whole team were higher up the pitch (until about the 70th minute) and Bergwijn was told to stay higher up the pitch and defend less.

Looked to me like the whole team were higher up the pitch (until about the 70th minute) and Bergwijn was told to stay higher up the pitch and defend less.

I think that was a result of better performance, SB didn't need to drop as often because we were not coughing it up as much.

Some truth to that. We ended up winning by three and four periods of the game at least looked much more likely to score again.

They did gift us that crucial first goal and the others. Had they gotten the first goal it would have been a very different game. At 0-0 I don't think we were that much more likely to score first.

However, given their style and our style they were always quite likely to "gift" us goals. They play a high risk style across the board and we're rather good at turning that into chances and goals. So I think them "gifting" us a goal, or multiple goals, was always quite likely. Particularly as we were playing better than we have done in recent weeks.

They play a worse version of Poch football (no surprise as Poch is from Bielsa's school and they have worse players)

- It's the same tired flimflam, nice passing and possession with suicidal overcommits and defenders often left badly exposed in 1:1 or 2:1 situations
- Totally reliant on you outworking your opposition, if the opposition turns up and has equal or better quality players, you get fudged.

Leeds will be safe, but the trend is the same, blow away lower level teams, get crucified by team that match both effort but have better quality.

That game gave me PSD from us under Poch, so easy to get sucked into "look, how much we run, how clever our possession is, and quickly to "oh, fudge the opposition just walked through our defense, we are so unlucky"

The game was a professional team vs. a completely naïve team playing to a "philosophy" and the professional team won easily.

Same at every club we all have deluded fans.

They play a worse version of Poch football (no surprise as Poch is from Bielsa's school and they have worse players)

- It's the same tired flimflam, nice passing and possession with suicidal overcommits and defenders often left badly exposed in 1:1 or 2:1 situations
- Totally reliant on you outworking your opposition, if the opposition turns up and has equal or better quality players, you get fudged.

Leeds will be safe, but the trend is the same, blow away lower level teams, get crucified by team that match both effort but have better quality.

That game gave me PSD from us under Poch, so easy to get sucked into "look, how much we run, how clever our possession is, and quickly to "oh, fudge the opposition just walked through our defense, we are so unlucky"

The game was a professional team vs. a completely naïve team playing to a "philosophy" and the professional team won easily.
I don't think Leeds looked like the Spurs team under Poch at all.... We didn't go man for man all over the pitch like them and didn't really have that same suicidal passing out of defence. Our pattern of play from defence to attack tended to be quite formulaic, with the two centre backs fanning out, the central midfielder dropping in to make an extra man and the full backs going wide and higher to give a passing option, meaning that the opposition either had to engage them by pushing their full backs up suicidally high or covering them with their wide forwards/midfielders, thus leaving at least one or our centre halves or defensive midfielder free to carry the ball. Leeds pattern seemed to revolve a lot more on asking their keeper to have to make decent passes and/or their centre halves to have to do something clever on the ball.

There have been some results recently that fit that pattern, but also some results that don't.

On a good day they have the capacity to make games against even top teams fairly close. And they also have it in them to make games against much worse sides very close. They play a high risk, high reward kind of football and with the players they have they're going to be inconsistent.

Fair play to them, mid table, 12 points above the relegation places. Most newly promoted teams would kill for that.

There have been some results recently that fit that pattern, but also some results that don't.

On a good day they have the capacity to make games against even top teams fairly close. And they also have it in them to make games against much worse sides very close. They play a high risk, high reward kind of football and with the players they have they're going to be inconsistent.

Fair play to them, mid table, 12 points above the relegation places. Most newly promoted teams would kill for that.

For what they want to achieve now, it's an excellent position.

My point is highlights the flaw of philosophy systems at all costs, they get tanked (not good for morale) by decent sides. Is it really that bad to say against the top 6 sides, we leave two extra men back?

This is a badly needed win ! Credit to Kane, Son and Alderweireld for the goals. But we cannot get carried away with this win as Leeds made it easy for us with their attacking play. Not many teams will play with their open attacking style like that. Good to see us keeping the clean sheet as well. Let's hope we can go on a long winning run after this.

Back