• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds Utd

When: Sat 2 Jan
Time: 12:30 GMT
Where: New WHL
TV: BT Sport 1

My preferred line up:

lineup.png

Guardian says Alli is set to start tomorrow

Yes, I saw that in a couple places on Twitter. I wonder whether its a case of managing Ndombele's workload over the next couple weeks, particularly given GLC is out. Therefore Ndombele either plays in the no 10 role v Brentford and Villa midweeks or vs Leeds and Marine at the weekends? Dele plays in that position in the other pair of games. Separating the pairs of games, Leeds and Villa are somewhat similar and both PL games; Brentford obviously tougher than Marine and a bigger game, so Ndombele takes Brentford and Villa.

I can't otherwise work out how Dele would have suddenly come back into favour

Instead of Ndombele solves nothing, it probably makes us worse.

As above - it'll be a case of working out how to get through the upcoming games in GLC's absence. Dele isn't exactly like for like with either TN or GLC but Ndombele can't play 2 * 90 mins per week

I can't otherwise work out how Dele would have suddenly come back into favour

Scenario A
Dele has a heart to heart with Mou Mou and they thrash things out, Mou felt that Dele wasn't really taking training seriously i.e. he was mooching about and going through the motions but not exactly ripping throats out to fight his way into the team ahead of others... so in the last few days there has been a huge turnaround in Dele's attitude and training and Mou now believes Dele gets it, will cut out the flicks and will run through brick walls etc.

Scenario B
Mou Mou wants to put Dele in the shop window, to reassure buyers he is still first team quality

And bring Ndombele back into the deeper role with Dele further forward.

Sissoko can run abaat a bit for the last 30 when Ndombele tires.
I disagree
Leeds are exactly the kind of team we need a sissoko for
What we need to do is allow the full backs to push on much much more as that’s where the initial counter attackers could come

I disagree
Leeds are exactly the kind of team we need a sissoko for
What we need to do is allow the full backs to push on much much more as that’s where the initial counter attackers could come

I was going to say the same. I can't see him dropping Sissoko against a team that are going to push up against us.

I was going to say the same. I can't see him dropping Sissoko against a team that are going to push up against us.
Would be mad IMO
We just need sissoko to do what he is good at. Cover the pace and when he gets a chance either drive with the ball or give it to someone else quickly

Back