• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds Utd

Better use of the ball on the break comes from not having Sissoko taking 15 touches and passing it to worse positioned players than himself.

You must also be able to see that Hojberg is positioned much further up the pitch as opposed to out recent performances.

It's an 11 man team, you must have been able to see how many times players other than Sissoko turned the ball over against Leicester/Wolves/Palace.

I'm not sure Hjobjergs average position is that much different to be honest, but he has worked in more offensive spaces today because Kane, Son and Bergwijn have done a better job of forcing Leeds back that they did in other recent matches, making the space available to move into.

I don’t see it. If I was a Leeds fan I’d be raging today. They’re playing stupid football.

I’m sure the Plan A looks great when it’s working but it’s also easy to expose especially if you have good players that are well organised.

The media love him but there’s a reason he never wins anything. His teams run out of steam at the end of the season and his teams can’t defend. Managers like guardiola took the good bits from his philosophy and ditched the suicidal stuff

Leeds are the epitome of Spurs today.
Never stopped running but can’t defend and score!

Nice Sonny goal again, the pass from Kane was sublime.

It's an 11 man team, you must have been able to see how many times players other than Sissoko turned the ball over against Leicester/Wolves/Palace.

I'm not sure Hjobjergs average position is that much different to be honest, but he has worked in more offensive spaces today because Kane, Son and Bergwijn have done a better job of forcing Leeds back that they did in other recent matches, making the space available to move into.

I disagree that his position comes from their work, I believe their work comes from his position. It's not necessarily about direct turnovers to opposition it's the overall poor passes that mean that we have no good escape routes. Against Wolves Kane was forever surrounded by 2 or 3 Wolves players so was never able to receive the ball comfortably.

Today we've been able to press higher and subsequently win the ball higher, at no point after the the first minute Vs Wolves was Hojberg ever challenging for the ball on the halfway line. That isn't Sissoko's fault but his selection tells you everything about Jose's intentions in that match. Just like now we are 3 up he's brought Sissoko on to try and help shore up defense. He is a negative player for negative situations.

I think if we look at the passing numbers and average positions after the game they'll be that little bit higher in both regards.

Back