• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Saturday 1st February 15:00

There was a moment in the first half when Soldado came back to flick the ball and it ended up with a Hull player and his head dropped and shoulders sagged. Someone needs to find a way to get the man's confidence back. He is looking a lot like Torres when his confidence was super low - taking extra touches when he should shoot and mis-cueing decent chances.

Good shout/comparison.

The measure of desperation in the man was when he went down like Linda Lovelace to try and con something from the ref in the box. Sad. I see what he could do, but I equally see what he hasn't done. He needs a certain type of service, yet he cannot feast off the service he has been getting. You know, Bent needed a certain type of service and I lost patience with him too…I desperately want to find more patience here as well, but man, it's getting harder and harder and harder…today was a major, major opportunity lost for him IMO.

Agreed, from that area Jelavic wouldn't have done much with Rose on top of him. The moment Dawson came over he sold us down the river

Poor result today. Hull were dropping like a stone lately without a goal in ages but unfortunately we were unable to deny them and conceding early was always going to make it a difficult task to win against a team that is generally well organised.

In terms of performance, I think it was like many of our previous ones under Sherwood - okay. Some good stuff, some bad stuff. The frustrating thing is for all the money we have spent we yet again barely managed to create a chance, instead it was a load of long range pot shots that led to (mainly Soldado) us getting some opportunities. Even the goal came from a similar situation, although it was a decent finish by Paul.

Lloris needs to stop coming out at every moment he sees it fit. The defence I felt dealt quite well with Jelavic but Long was a right nuisance for us. Soldado and Lennon poor, Adebayor anonymous in large parts, the midfield quite good going forward but with lots to learn when it comes to protecting their defence. Still we lack the cohesion as a team you would like to see by February.

Overall it was a decent game to watch but there wasn't much at all in the way of chances at either end. More convinced than ever after today's game that 4th is out of reach for us this season, we just don't have the gamechanger we had last season when it's tight as it was today.

Hull are a decent hardworking outfit with two good strikers there now, I would be surprised if they were to go down this season.

COYS

we used to bore and annoy the fans but remained in control of games.

now we cede control of games to excite the crowds but still end up annoying them.

haha.

Disappointing performance and result. We have lost valuable points in the race for top 4. After the humiliating defeat to Emirates Marketing Project, we needed to show a big response to get back our confidence but we didn't show any. We were again poor and were lucky to even get a draw. We just couldn't lift our game and lacked a real quality and cutting edge to win this match. Really annoyed that Sherwood didn't make any changes to try to win this match. What is the point of having a big squad when you don't use it ? He should have bring on attacking players Kane, Sigurdsson and Chadli to try to find the winning goal. Instead he only brought on Kane when Adebayor was injured in the last minute and didn't make any other changes.

It seems like Sherwood doesn't have a plan B and his only plan is having Adebayor scoring all the time. And when Adebayor doesn't score Sherwood becomes clueless. Adebayor had a poor game apart from one shot at goal which was saved in the first half. Soldado seems like getting worse all the time as he had another poor game and missed a good chance in the second half. It is really stupid that we decided to let Defoe go without buying any replacements.

We simply lacked a real quality in midfield to make the difference in this match. Paulinho did well to score our only goal with a well-taken shot. But don't think the midfield did enough to give us the much-needed win. Paulinho was largely anonymous apart from the goal. Eriksen didn't make the same impact as he had in recent matches. Bentaleb had a poor game while Lennon didn't make any contributions. Don't understand why Sherwood was too scared to bring on Sigurdsson and Chadli.

Really disappointing that our defence can't seem to keep a clean sheet nowadays. Thought the returning Vertonghen will help us keep one but it was the same story again. Was annoyed to see the Hull player having all the time in the world to score as the entire defence went missing. Don't understand why the defenders always go high up the field when we can't stop conceding goals. Can't fault Lloris for that goal but he put our goal in danger many times by coming out too soon again. Wish someone will tell Lloris that he doesn't have to come out all the time when the defenders can cover.

I think this match has bring into question Sherwood's capabilities as a manager. He didn't manage to lift the team after the Emirates Marketing Project debacle. We have now gone 2 matches without a win and face 2 tough matches next, against Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Sherwood's lack of experience as a manager will be fully tested in the coming matches. As for us, it remains to be seen how far the dropped points will come back to affect us at the end of the season.

How exactly were we lucky to get a draw?

Hull created too many chances that could have resulted in them scoring. The late Hudd freekick only needed a simple touch to score as the ball went past our goal. They also came close to scoring on many occasions, including hitting the post once.

I missed the last 2 minutes, stream died. Adebayor injured???? Any news on how serious it is?

Its okay though I suppose, we have that new striker I said we needed just in case Ade or Soldado picked up an injury.....oh wait a minute

I missed the last 2 minutes, stream died. Adebayor injured???? Any news on how serious it is?

Its okay though I suppose, we have that new striker I said we needed just in case Ade or Soldado picked up an injury.....oh wait a minute

Would we notice if Soldudo got injured?

Always going to be a tricky one.

At least we came away with a point.

Tricky one ? How so ? We had never lost to Hull away in any Div1/PL match ever ! Yet we were so close to doing just that and had to come from behind to get a draw. Not satisfied ! Maybe time for you to recharge your battery and luck ?:-k

Back