• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham FC ***

just on the tube back. man, hojbjerg’s distribution was terrible.

as it looks like others have said, that was like a conte performance. i wasn’t seeing a lot of triangles.

was really hoping we’d have a go at winning the league cup. oh well!

Of course it comes from Levy. Not something I know for a fact but you have to listen to what other coaches have said and what Levy has said. And there is absolute sense in prioritising Top 4 that not just about lining the owners pockets. I’m sure that other clubs also prioritise top 4 which is why you’ll see Liverpool, United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal make half a dozen or more changes in the early rounds of the competition.

On prioritising top 4, firstly any money we make goes back into the club. That’s fact. Levy’s always said that growing revenue is the key to competing and long term success and you’ll get more revenue for top 4 than the league cup.

I understand why people might disagree with him but, at the end of the day, he’s prioritising top 4 for something we all want - the club to be successful. Like I say, it’s fine to disagree with that. I believe it’s unfair to think his motivation is self interest.
I'd agree with it in most seasons when we are in Europe and something has to be sacrificed to an extent, but this season there is no reason not to be aiming for top 4 and a domestic trophy.

:rolleyes: They won't. And even if they did play an 11-a-side game it lacks the intensity of a real game.

I think they are too well mentally prepared for there to be a distinction.

To a pro athlete it’s all the real game, because it’s about winning their next battle, doing their job.

I think they are too well mentally prepared for there to be a distinction.

To a pro athlete it’s all the real game, because it’s about winning their next battle, doing their job.
Total crap, they don't give their all unless there is something on the line.

Even more reason to sacrifice when you’ve fallen out of Europe.

For me, a 40 game season is exactly what we need. Full gas, in the league, every week.

So how long before someone makes out Levy told Ange to prioritize the league game?!

Levy told Ange to prioritize the league game. Incredibly, @DeanoAustin agrees with me on this. ;)

Of course it comes from Levy. Not something I know for a fact but you have to listen to what other coaches have said and what Levy has said. And there is absolute sense in prioritising Top 4 that not just about lining the owners pockets. I’m sure that other clubs also prioritise top 4 which is why you’ll see Liverpool, United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal make half a dozen or more changes in the early rounds of the competition.

On prioritising top 4, firstly any money we make goes back into the club. That’s fact. Levy’s always said that growing revenue is the key to competing and long term success and you’ll get more revenue for top 4 than the league cup.

I understand why people might disagree with him but, at the end of the day, he’s prioritising top 4 for something we all want - the club to be successful. Like I say, it’s fine to disagree with that. I believe it’s unfair to think his motivation is self interest.

Sure, but how much does it end up being a self-reinforcing circle though? We abandon every cup to get into the top four, we sometimes get into the top four, and then we abandon every cup to stay in the top four.

At some stage this is part of why we have so few trophies - this constant hamster wheel that never actually leads anywhere. For once I would like to see us treat a domestic cup like we treat the PL, and start with a full-strength side just to try something different to the same routine that has failed for 22 of 23 years.

Yep, fair point. But I can see the sense in what he’s done, even if it was a couple of changes more than I liked, and we got beat by the finest of margins away to a good PL team.
In this stage at his time here, he needs to be sure he is binning off the right players
Tonight gave him that clarity

Yes but it shouldn't be a firm 1st XI and 2nd XI. Blend the two, make a few changes in games like this, mix it up, integrate players. But nine changes against Prem opposition...I wouldn't be suprised if the starting XI tonight hadn't started together before.
Same as what conte did last season
I get why Ange did it
He even said so himself
But it is naive to expect a spurs side to perform like that
Most other clubs would have players trying to prove a point but never here

Levy told Ange to prioritize the league game. Incredibly, @DeanoAustin agrees with me on this. ;)

Sure, but how much does it end up being a self-reinforcing circle though? We abandon every cup to get into the top four, we sometimes get into the top four, and then we abandon every cup to stay in the top four.

At some stage this is part of why we have so few trophies - this constant hamster wheel that never actually leads anywhere. For once I would like to see us treat a domestic cup like we treat the PL, and start with a full-strength side just to try something different to the same routine that has failed for 22 of 23 years.
In fairness we have a pretty decent record of going far in cup competitions, it's the last hurdle or two that we can't get over.

Same as what conte did last season
I get why Ange did it
He even said so himself
But it is naive to expect a spurs side to perform like that
Most other clubs would have players trying to prove a point but never here

doesn’t matter who is in the dugout, or wearing the shirt, we can always Spurs it up

did this three times last season, even with Kane

Back