• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham FC ***

We played, what 4 pre-season games? And everyone only played half of them. So 180 minutes of low-intensity football on top of the 3 league games, with a week between games and players need a rest? Laughable.

In mixed conditions with a lot of travelling, lets see how we do on the weekend.

Spot on.

AP spouting how he wants to win trophies here. That certainly didnt come across like that tonight

Exactly. You can’t throw all your transfer listed players into the starting team together, then put on a youngster before any of the first string, and expect us to believe you really wanted to go deep in the comp.

People on here seem immune to say Ange got it wrong. It’s as though you’re asking them to admit they’ve cheated on their Mrs or something.

You keep saying it’s a penalty shoot out loss etc.

You’re missing the point. It’s most likely only that because it wasn’t taken seriously.

I won’t repeat myself again. Im angry at how we approached the game - not that we lost on pens.

How we approached the game was fine for me. He made some changes he was always going to make and had to make. The other changes weren’t outrageous.

The other way of looking at it is that we’re out but it was our lowest priority this season. I’d still rather be in it but it’s not the end of the world.

Ange's done a great job so far, turned around the way the team plays, got everyone pulling together, and deserves a lot of credit for that.
Just as much as he deserves the credit for that he deserves the blame for tonight. Ridiculous team selection. This isn't about hindsight as a lot of us said it before the game started. Make a couple of changes but put out a more or less full-strength team, get the game won, and then make subs to rest players.
We've no Europe so there is no excuse for not going all out to win a domestic cup this season. Now we're out of the one that we had the most realistic chance of winning.

How we approached the game was fine for me. He made some changes he was always going to make and had to make. The other changes weren’t outrageous.

The other way of looking at it is that we’re out but it was our lowest priority this season. I’d still rather be in it but it’s not the end of the world.
He didn't have to make any changes, not this early in the season with no Europe.

Exactly. You can’t throw all your transfer listed players into the starting team together, then put on a youngster before any of the first string, and expect us to believe you really wanted to go deep in the comp.

People on here seem immune to say Ange got it wrong. It’s as though you’re asking them to admit they’ve cheated on their Mrs or something.
Loads of people have been criticizing the team selection. What forum are you reading?

Oh behave....

We all support the same side here, being hysterical or having a pop at fans that are not doesn't give you some kind of strange one upmanship victory. It changes absolutely nothing.

Spurs lost tonight, we all lost

People are brushing off the fact we’ve gone out of one of two winnable trophies because it wasn’t taken seriously.

I’m not brushing it off, I’m disappointed. If that sounds hysterical to you then maybe it further enhances my point.

So now Ange say: Its my foult, we havent been working on cup games.
And supporters say; its ok, we have the League.

if this is the start of a change, we need to sell more players this summer and we need at least 3 more players in.

In mixed conditions with a lot of travelling, lets see how we do on the weekend.
So what if it was mixed conditions and a lot of traveling? There has been plenty of time to recover. They'd be on private flights and be able to sleep on the plane.

People are brushing off the fact we’ve gone out of one of two winnable trophies because it wasn’t taken seriously.

I’m not brushing it off, I’m disappointed. If that sounds hysterical to you then maybe it further enhances my point.

It proves nothing, my reaction nor you reaction changes absolutely nothing

That's a reality check. I'm sure Ange complained about their lack of adventurous passing during half time, because that's the kind of dogbrick I'm used to seeing us play from previous seasons. I get that it's a nice gesture to start your backup keeper for the cups, but I now appreciate Vicario a bit more. He actually can handle those garbage passes back from Sanchez and PEH, and he can usually recycle the ball back after drawing in the other team's press.

FF-5 for bricking the bed during penalties

Again, another unlucky OG from Van De Ven. I thought he was decent tonight other than that. Looked to smother chances and kept his side tidy for the most part other than bricking the bed. It happens, but statistically he shouldn't score another one for another season or so, hopefully. VDV-6
Sanchez-5 for making bad passes. I feel for him for the penalty, but no idea why Ange had him take one.

Skipp-5 did some things well, like showing he cared. Other than that, I thought he was pretty poor overall. I don't think he should be playing so far forward, and if he is, he's got to show more movement and know how to make runs.
PEH-5 doing his usual game-killing playbook from the start of the match.
GLC-5 no idea why he was subbed but didn't really get much opportunity since we couldn't stitch the play up to him. Given the opportunities he had though, still performed poorly like everyone else next to him.
Davies-5 mediocre passing. Didn't provide much in attack and even let Traore get a cross off for the first time in his life.
Royal-5 mediocre passing. Has done better in midfield before when inverted but we looked better when he was providing width, until Kulu came on. Those guys haven't gotten their chemistry together.
Solomon-5 didn't do a whole lot, but wasn't complete garbage all the time. Was fed some really poor balls, as was Richy (although Richy didn't help much either with his own passing).
Perisic-6 wasn't great but did provide an assist when someone's footwear exploded.
Richarlison-6 has no idea how to handle being tightly marked, something which Kane made look so easy. Control, look up, pass. Very happy that he scored, but overall didn't play too great. Hopefully more will come, but that goal could be valuable to getting him on the track.

Ange's done a great job so far, turned around the way the team plays, got everyone pulling together, and deserves a lot of credit for that.
Just as much as he deserves the credit for that he deserves the blame for tonight. Ridiculous team selection. This isn't about hindsight as a lot of us said it before the game started. Make a couple of changes but put out a more or less full-strength team, get the game won, and then make subs to rest players.
We've no Europe so there is no excuse for not going all out to win a domestic cup this season. Now we're out of the one that we had the most realistic chance of winning.

Can't argue. Did vicario really need a rest?

I get giving players minutes to try and keep morale up. But losing negates that.

So what if it was mixed conditions and a lot of traveling? There has been plenty of time to recover. They'd be on private flights and be able to sleep on the plane.

pre season is hard, its a tricky balance, Conte got accused of running players into the ground very early in the preceding two seasons, also we have no control over the fudging internationals that are coming up, all has to be factored in

Back