• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham FC ***

It’s very early days and we’ll see what unfolds, but the concern for me tonight is that we are a couple of injuries, or the African Cup of Nations in January, away from HAVING to start some of those who began the game tonight.

Biggest problem for me tonight as had been stated was using players that will mean our play changes..

Tonight was very flat, no fluidity at all. No pace in vital areas.

PEH - Skipp - lo Celso. That was just too many changes in a vital area. Our midfield became slow and predictable. When bentencaur gets back we will have options.

Davies is too slow for this set up. I'd prefer sess when he is fit or even Reggie.

Solomon as well didn't do much. But I'm not surprised with that midfield behind him.

I think Ange has one more stab at winning a trophy, which will only ever be this trophy, next season.

And then onto the next man.

The rot is that deep.
Why the expectation of ange winning something soon when more experienced coaches could not?

If Levy backs ange over the next two windows and the young ones progress well I think we can look forward to winning something in 2-3 years time.

Biggest problem for me tonight as had been stated was using players that will mean our play changes..

Tonight was very flat, no fluidity at all. No pace in vital areas.

PEH - Skipp - lo Celso. That was just too many changes in a vital area. Our midfield became slow and predictable. When bentencaur gets back we will have options.

Davies is too slow for this set up. I'd prefer sess when he is fit or even Reggie.

Solomon as well didn't do much. But I'm not surprised with that midfield behind him.
It has always been that half of the starters last year weren't good enough. Same old same old. Gets worse when we pick a coach that depends on pace and speed

It’s very early days and we’ll see what unfolds, but the concern for me tonight is that we are a couple of injuries, or the African Cup of Nations in January, away from HAVING to start some of those who began the game tonight.
Hopefully Bentancur will be back before the ACN so it will be Maddison, him and one other.

It's probably the one area we have 4 strong players for 3 positions which adds to the frustration that we didn't blend the rotation with at least one of the strong players.

Other than Emerson at RB the rest of the back 4 has a massive drop off if we get an injury or suspension though.

Not sure what the plan is up top but feels like we need at least one option and looks like Solomon is more effective off the left which makes him a strange signing if Perisic is the preferred option.

I think Ange has one more stab at winning a trophy, which will only ever be this trophy, next season.

And then onto the next man.

The rot is that deep.

I assume your last sentence is referring to our culture of failing and I have to say that I would agree.
Watching the players after the man utd game they strode around the stadium in a way that gives me hope.
At the risk of opening myself up to ridicule as a body language expert, those players were in stark contrast to our players of the past who after a victory like that looked surprised and almost embarrassed.
This new crop believe in themselves, have something to prove and if we can get rid of the hangers on from the last few seasons who have promised much and delivered little then we move forward.
We've had three managers now that have questioned the players, let's hope the fourth one (ange) is the one that gets to complete the job.
I certainly think he's capable and if this fails I really don't know where the club goes from there.

Last night alot of posts was pain talking but it dont change the big lines.

1. change 80% of the team for one game and the group dont work as it could. And I feel for some of the players, Solomon had a bad game, and maybe that would not be the case if he had players that gave him what he needed. Its the same with all the players.
2. Levy need to accept loss on some players and get em out, only way that we can have changes.
3. I would rather have a young CB as back up than players that will not be able to challange the top 2 CB for the place.
4. I know that Im not the biggest fan og Sanchez and Skipp, but you could see how the game slowed down when Sanchez got the ball. But his block in 2nt half was good, but he was to blame for the goal.

I understand what Ange is saying but I dont agree that he got any answers with changing the team that much. Maybe he got the wrong answers.
But I still belive that we should give Ange this and next season to make us a better team.
I only hope tottenham gives him what he needs.

Incredibly disappointing to go out in our first round. I understand why Ange made changes but within 10 minutes it was clearly too many all at once.
Poor first half, better second half.
Micky unlucky with his og. Good to see Richie scoring.
Solomon didn't overly impress - thought he got bullied a bit too easily at times, but in fairness he was just one piece in an unfinished jigsaw - and of course it is early days for him.
Once we got to penalties, I knew we'd be relying on one or two Fulham players totally fluffing their takes as no way was Forster going to be making any saves that involved agility and speed.
Away crowd was great. Except - yet again, a fair number of our fans booing our players off at half-time. And given they have to walk past the away end to the tunnel, it would have been very audible to them.
Yes, we had played poorly, but were only one unfortunate og down, away to a PL team. Heads were down anyway but that would hardly have helped.
We have to get over this turning on the players thing. During the game, great support. A bit of encouragement as the players were walking off couldn't have done any harm.

Incredibly disappointing to go out in our first round. I understand why Ange made changes but within 10 minutes it was clearly too many all at once.
Solomon didn't overly impress - thought he got bullied a bit too easily at times, but in fairness he was just one piece in an unfinished jigsaw - and of course it is early days for him.
Once we got to penalties, I knew we'd be relying on one or two Fulham players totally fluffing their takes as no way was Forster going to be making any saves that involved agility and speed.
Away crowd was great. Except - yet again, a fair number of our fans booing our players off at half-time. And given they have to walk past the away end to the tunnel, it would have been very audible to them.
Yes, we had played poorly, but were only one unfortunate og down, away to a PL team. Heads were down anyway but that would hardly have helped.
We have to get over this turning on the players thing. During the game, great support. A bit of encouragement as the players were walking off couldn't have done any harm.

It's really difficult to not be disappointed about last night, especially after the league games, and even more difficult understanding some of the thought processes from everyone involved.
Nine changes could only break our momentum, on and off the pitch.
Why play so many players that we are actively looking to move on.
If you are one of those players looking to break into the team or earn a move what kind of display was that.
For varying reasons we are going to need at least Richie, skipp, Solomon and royal booing them isn't a good way forward. The support have been marvellous so far, let themselves down a little there.

too many entitled clams in the fanbase

I don’t like criticising our away support as they are usually fudging amazing but that is absolutely embarrassing. fudge sake. This is why I worry that after a few defeats, which will come, you’ll have knees jerking, spacegoating and toxicity.

Let the man do his job, let the team find their feet and judge them after 6 months or a season. Swinging from one extreme to the other from game to game is absolutely stupid especially given how thin our squad is and the scale of the change Ange is trying to implement.

I don’t like criticising our away support as they are usually fudging amazing but that is absolutely embarrassing. fudge sake. This is why I worry that after a few defeats, which will come, you’ll have knees jerking, spacegoating and toxicity.

Let the man do his job, let the team find their feet and judge them after 6 months or a season. Swinging from one extreme to the other from game to game is absolutely stupid especially given how thin our squad is and the scale of the change Ange is trying to implement.

It’s going to take a couple of years probably. Just let the club do it’s thing.

Had a nights sleep but i have still not changed my view, making that MANY chances was always playing into Fulhams hands. There really was no GOOD reason to have done that, a couple of changes would have been fine but we have all seen what happens when we have done that in the past.

Fulham are a decent side and with it also being a London derby you/we knew they would have been up for it and we/Ange played into their hands by naming the team he did. To be honest i did not expect Ange to do put that team out so i was surprised when i saw the line up.

For those who say it was a nothing game and does not mean much well i 100% disagree with that.

Back