• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v EVERTON ***

So many positive signs that I'm now 100% convinced that we'll lose on the weekend, because we're experts at reversing such indicators.

I know what you mean!
If Poch thinks he has a job on his hands instilling a winning mentality in the players, he wants to try instilling it in the fans!

Well obviously mate that is just my opinion, just like your opinion on what you think will happen. I guess only time will tell.

Don't take it the wrong way mate, just see them as the next Villa .. they will slowly fade away.

As I said, the biggest issue that I can't see them overcome is their revenue vs. who they are competing against ..

I actually think Everton can maybe make it a big 7 next year. They are on their way up, look like they will keep Lukaku, and Koeman is a good manager who is instilling the right mentality.

A draw wouldn't be a terrible result here. They tend to step up against better teams and have made some really good signings. We are better but this won't be easy.

I like this fixture.
One of my favourite games was the New Year's Day match where Marney played a blinder and Robbie Keane could have had at least a hat-trick. We were so good and 5-2 flattered Everton.

I actually have a soft spot for Everton. They're a bit like us, they have noisy, very annoying neighbours that think they are the best thing since sliced bread and always make out that their main rivals are brick. They DON'T play in red - which is a bonus. They are a proper club, with a proper ground and for the most part a fairly decent fan base. Most Evertonians I've ever known have always been quite decent and decent towards Spurs.

I hope we rip them a new one!

I actually think Everton can maybe make it a big 7 next year. They are on their way up, look like they will keep Lukaku, and Koeman is a good manager who is instilling the right mentality.

A draw wouldn't be a terrible result here. They tend to step up against better teams and have made some really good signings. We are better but this won't be easy.

Koeman is one of the favourites for the Barca job so he might not be there next year. Agree though that this is a tough game - a win would be an excellent result

Don't take it the wrong way mate, just see them as the next Villa .. they will slowly fade away.

As I said, the biggest issue that I can't see them overcome is their revenue vs. who they are competing against ..

No offense taken mate :), you may be right about them being another Villa but i see Everton as a sleeping giant and i like their manager, like i said time will tell.

I actually have a soft spot for Everton. They're a bit like us, they have noisy, very annoying neighbours that think they are the best thing since sliced bread and always make out that their main rivals are brick. They DON'T play in red - which is a bonus. They are a proper club, with a proper ground and for the most part a fairly decent fan base. Most Evertonians I've ever known have always been quite decent and decent towards Spurs.

Me too. First game I ever saw at the Lane was agin them circa 1963. It was an evening game and great atmosphere. Labone scored for them and Gilly equalised. Hope we go one better on Sunday.

Made a couple of comparative tables about Kane and Lukaku:

From this you can clearly see that Kane is a much more big game player than Lukaku (still Harry sometimes struggles against top-teams in away fixtures).
Add the fact that we've won 8 home EPL games in a row and haven't lost a single one this season.
Then remember how Everton plays against big boys away (if I remember correctly, in EPL they haven't won a single game away against traditional top-4 teams from the start of Moyes era till now). Their record against us away is also awful. In EPL last time they won at WHL in 2008(!), just after 'Arry arrived to the club.

Looks like a must win-game, which we should win, but 3-man defence with Toby and Jan is needed. Hopefully they will play.
So you're pointing out that Everton haven't won at WHL in almost a decade, we've not lost at home all season and Lukaku has never scored against Spurs... talk about jinxing us :eek:

So you're pointing out that Everton haven't won at WHL in almost a decade, we've not lost at home all season and Lukaku has never scored against Spurs... talk about jinxing us :eek:
Yeah, this is where our season derails. 0-1.

No offense taken mate :), you may be right about them being another Villa but i see Everton as a sleeping giant and i like their manager, like i said time will tell.

Nothing against them, proper club with history, sad the world has made Cheat$ki's & City's and better clubs will fade because they don't have a cheat mode. and yes .. time will tell.

Hopefully we do them, need the 3 points

Nothing against them, proper club with history, sad the world has made Cheat$ki's & City's and better clubs will fade because they don't have a cheat mode. and yes .. time will tell.

Everton are trying to do full on cheat mode now don't forget

Hell their sponsor of their training ground (which is awful) is randomly their new owner best mate and part owner of Arsenal ...

Everton are trying to do full on cheat mode now don't forget

Hell their sponsor of their training ground (which is awful) is randomly their new owner best mate and part owner of Arsenal ...

Apparently they're paying Schneiderlin 120k a week, and Lukaku's pending new deal has him on 140k. :eek:

They're already exceeding what we pay our highest earners and they've only been owned by this Moshiri for (I think) a year. They're definitely going full cheat mode too.

Apparently they're paying Schneiderlin 120k a week, and Lukaku's pending new deal has him on 140k. :eek:

They're already exceeding what we pay our highest earners and they've only been owned by this Moshiri for (I think) a year. They're definitely going full cheat mode too.

That only puts them in West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine territory ...

I know people are freaking on the positive signs, but they have also been on a 9 game (I think) unbeaten run, so both clubs in good space form, think being home is difference maker.

100%

I know some of their fans who used to have season tickets despite living 200 miles away

Their now moaning that they can't pay the wages they want as it wound breach FFP... I did have to remind them that FFP only matters when your in Europe though

I like this fixture.
One of my favourite games was the New Year's Day match where Marney played a blinder and Robbie Keane could have had at least a hat-trick. We were so good and 5-2 flattered Everton.

Ah, yes! I remember that match well and remember thinking Marney would become massive for us. :D "Dean Marney has arrived in the Premiership. They have a new star for the new year". Yeah, well, for a match anyway. :D

Amen to that.

Through much of the 90s and 00s they were our nearest rival in terms of league finishes, but they were a team we could relate to rather than develop hostility against. I think they are quite comparable with us in terms of being the other one of the original big 5 (along with Liverpool, Arsenal and United), who just about hung on, but never hit the heights in the EPL age.

We did also seem to beat them an awful lot in direct competitions too - I remember Robbie Keane demolishing them a few times.

I like Everton. Hope we beat them and then they destroy all our rivals after.

Will be a tough game, but if I'm being honest with all our remaining games if we can play to our maximum we should win (particularly at home).

Lads, last time we ever play this great club at WHL. MUST WIN.

Back