• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v. Everton - Sunday, February 9th - 13:30

I'm sorry when did Lennon become David Silva? He needs the ball. Someone needs to be able to pass him the ball

amen to this

the thing is though if andros comes in , he is actually able to operate off the wings better than lennon overall..timing, choice of movement ....., attitude to force people to get him the ball.....all helps him to widen his game range

Im not even watching the game and from the reports I can tell you're exaggerating.

I'm really not. One shot where he had a clear view of the top left corner - pushed it wide. One free header from a corner, and one saved by Lloris.

From the BBC (6 minutes in) :

GREAT SAVE!*Tottenham 0-0 Everton

What a goal this would have been! Brilliant stuff from Everton as they move a corner back out wide to Slyvain Distin, he hits a quick pass into the feet of Steven Naismith, who tees up Leon Osman on the edge of the box. Osman's technique is superb as he keeps his effort down but Hugo Lloris makes a flying save! Osman then heads over from the corner before he has another shot saved.

He could have had a hat-trick already!

Get two up top, smash it to Ade and get Soldado to pick up the knock downs. Wimbledon. Route 1. It's our only hope. Because this side cant pass the ball for ****

:lol: we need goals, lets throw on Sandro
you need possession of the ball first and Sandro gives you more chance of that.

That whole side is playing so lazy. Lazy to the ball and lazy with it. They need to start fighting for every ball, then fighting for space.

Pualinhio has been the biggest passenger so far, nothing from him at all. Not tracking his man, no runs, and getting caught in possession. Lennon not far behind. His attitude when the ball is not perfect gets on my nerves. Fight for it. Eriksen and Dembele are trying their hardest but getting out numbered.

They just need to start trying harder, running harder and then playing when they have the ball. They are all waiting around for someone else to show them how to do it.

Lets get Townsend on and compare the difference.

but townsend isnt the same kind of player that lennon is though...he has more to his overall play and ability to get the ball infield than lennon does......lennon though is still deadlier than townsend on the wing when taking on a man..he is still deadlier than townsend when it comes to getting the ball slipped in behind a defender to run on to

lennon needs the ball to be fed to him...townsend not so much. but if that's what you want..i.e a player that tactically is more malleable and able to be a DEEP primary receiver in order to facilitate a move then townsend is your guy

We're need to change things up. We're set up way too defensive.

As i see it we're playing with Adebayor who wants to drop deep into a number 10 position as the second striker. Lennon who's not on his game and is doing more work as a full back than a winger. Eriksen who's not a wide player and would be better off in central midfield. 2 midfielders who seem incapable of playing it quick and creating anything in Dembele and Paulinho. Bentaleb who is under instructions to just sit deep.

Paulinho has to go off completely off his game - 65 passing percentage from a central midfielder!
Our only options on the bench are soldado, defoe and townsend.
Two obvious things would be to move Eriksen into the middle and have Townsend (for Paulinho) on the left but personally I dont rate Townsend on the left. Or Soldado or Defoe on for Paulinho.

Personally I'd go for broke with
-------Adebayor Soldado
Dembele Eriksen Bentaleb Townsend

Yes Dembele on the left! He don't well on the right wing before but he's left footed and would love to see him dribbling down the left and he's a decent crossed of the ball.
The central midfield would look much better with two ball players.

If we don't dramatically turn this around in the second half Sherwoods rein will be short one, as for me it will be a clear indication along with the last 3 or 4 games that the players are not playing for him, the lack of fight, desire and work rate truly is shocking.

So disappointed in what I am watching.

Back