• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project **

Why do I get tinkled off about moaning? Great result which none of the pessimists saw coming and I read this morning how crap Royal and Hojbjerg are and Kulusevski looks poor, fudge knows what it would have been like if we lost. I'm happy with this win considering Doherty, Royal, Dier, Sanchez, Hobjerg, Winks are dogbrick, Moura gives the ball away, Son blows hot and cold, Kulusevski is slow and one footed, Kane cant hold the ball. Amazing win, but I suppose City were brick so no merit in the win.

As long as the criticism is balanced and fair, then what would you want?

Would you prefer we say, every player is the best in the World. We should have won 5-0. That’s not the truth, and as far the other side of the line as some of the overly heavy criticism.

Do you think Conte is really sat there with the team, discussing the match, and saying ‘well lads, that was a perfect job, we have the perfect team, my training work is clearly a success. You can all go home and don’t need to train ever again.

I think people shouldn’t be overly harsh, but equally no one should talk with their head stuck in the sand. We support the team in spite of the weaknesses, aware of the weaknesses, yet we will cheer us on.

Focus needs to be given to the success of players yesterday, and again, I think you’ll find praise for our players. As part of the balance. Talk about what players do well, what they do badly, but we will always support the team.

As long as the criticism is balanced and fair, then what would you want?

Would you prefer we say, every player is the best in the World. We should have won 5-0. That’s not the truth, and as far the other side of the line as some of the overly heavy criticism.

Do you think Conte is really sat there with the team, discussing the match, and saying ‘well lads, that was a perfect job, we have the perfect team, my training work is clearly a success. You can all go home and don’t need to train ever again.

I think people shouldn’t be overly harsh, but equally no one should talk with their head stuck in the sand. We support the team in spite of the weaknesses, aware of the weaknesses, yet we will cheer us on.

Focus needs to be given to the success of players yesterday, and again, I think you’ll find praise for our players. As part of the balance. Talk about what players do well, what they do badly, but we will always support the team.

I think most reasonable people would agree we need better players in several positions to challenge for trophies but the continual need to look to be critical is wearing, cant we just sit and enjoy a happy moment without it?

I think most reasonable people would agree we need better players in several positions to challenge for trophies but the continual need to look to be critical is wearing, cant we just sit and enjoy a happy moment without it?

Apparently not with the way you’re focusing on the negatives, getting worked up about perceived negativity on a football forum is less productive than yelling at clouds.

Last edited:

Who feels the need to look critical? Isn’t it just reflective opinions, opinions which are generally encouraged and without which a football forum wouldn’t exist.

I think the general overriding theme is joy about the win, and praise for players but of course that’s sprinkled objectively with some criticism.

I don’t think anyone should be overly harsh, but a fair assessment including some criticism is far from inappropriate.

Sounds like you’re the only one being critical tbh

3-2 FT Famous victory. We did the double over the runaway leaders. Certainly no one expected that. Well done you lillywhite beauties. COYS
Really baffling how we go toe to toe with Pool and City and for some mysterious reason every time we play Chelsea we fold like a cheap suit. I mean, wtf?

I visited a friend I hadn't seen in ages yesterday, and before I knew it, we'd been talking for hours and I'd forgotten about the game. Only caught the result. Was over the moon! But how did we play? :p did we deserve the win?

First match I've actually forgotten in ages.

I’m not sure it’s that bad is it? Seems like he’s just turning round to look at Pep’s reaction?
Totally agree. He just turns and looks at Pep. Some people are really trying desperately hard to find things that aren't even there. It's utterly pathetic.

I visited a friend I hadn't seen in ages yesterday, and before I knew it, we'd been talking for hours and I'd forgotten about the game. Only caught the result. Was over the moon! But how did we play? :p did we deserve the win?

Played very deep and rarely ventured forward but when we did we carved opportunities - kept them at arms length defensively. Kinda similar to our win v them under Mourinho

Why oh why did we have to fudge up in those last 2 games :mad:
The last two games we didn't do enough to win, even though it was at home to Soton and Wolves, teams that, on paper, we should be beating at home. I'm actually more tinkled off with the Pool and Soton draws, where we were squandering gilt-edged scoring opportunities left and right.

We deserved the win. Had more good chances even though they dominated possession. Defence was a wall. Kane was amazing, many saying best performance since bale v inter. I can't argue.

We deserved the win. Had more good chances even though they dominated possession. Defence was a wall. Kane was amazing, many saying best performance since bale v inter. I can't argue.

Sounds great. Thanks! Yeah, judging from the highlights he was very good. Kulusevski seemed to do his bit as well - and that over the top pass from Bentancur for the third goal was excellent - how was the rest of his game?

Back