• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea FC *****

Re: O/T The England Thread

I actually think their defence is better with Cahill and Luiz. I remember when Cahill came on for Luiz in last season's FA Cup semi and he was able to keep up with and nullify Bale.

I think Playing Terry would more likely have meant they would have defended deeply, which I think would have suited us at home imo.

You see I would rather Terry wasn't playing purely because he seems to thrive on the abuse he gets at the lane and it inspires him to have blinders against us. Plus Luiz always has a mistake in his locker.

I actually think their defence is better with Cahill and Luiz. I remember when Cahill came on for Luiz in last season's FA Cup semi and he was able to keep up with and nullify Bale.

I think Playing Terry would more likely have meant they would have defended deeply, which I think would have suited us at home imo.

No way would I rather Terry was playing, Luiz is an absolute liabilty - Terry is ten times more solid than him. His goal line clearance from Adebayor last season at The Lane summed him up. Would Luiz of done that? I think not, he'd be too busy trying to get back from his position somewhere on the left wing....

You see I would rather Terry wasn't playing purely because he seems to thrive on the abuse he gets at the lane and it inspires him to have blinders against us. Plus Luiz always has a mistake in his locker.

I see what you mean, but I think his 'blinders' against us are vastly overated imo; for example, if Ade had hit his shot in the last minute with much more power, then we wouldn't really be saying he had a 'blinder'. In fact we didn't put enough pressure on him, though it didn't help that Lennon wasn't playing.

Oh and he hasn't won at WHL for 7 years now, so I can't remember any blinders

I see what you mean, but I think his 'blinders' against us are vastly overated imo; for example, if Ade had hit his shot in the last minute with much more power, then we wouldn't really be saying he had a 'blinder'. In fact we didn't put enough pressure on him, though it didn't help that Lennon wasn't playing.

Oh and he hasn't won at WHL for 7 years now, so I can't remember any blinders

I hate the man, but he was one of the best players on the pitch in our last two home games against them. Judas played very well in his last appearance at WHL, we still won the game.

I hate the man, but he was one of the best players on the pitch in our last two home games against them. Judas played very well in his last appearance at WHL, we still won the game.

You mean the two 1-1 draws, when we let Chelsea off the hook with Gomes fumbling Drogba's shot over the line and when Cole handballed it vefore crossing for Sturridge. I think both we made Terry look good. He's v astly overrated, even by us imo. Remember how Bale raped him and the entire Chelski defence in April 2010?

If we get our brick together, we can do so again. Luiz and Cahill is the future for them. I'd love it if Terry plays against us, with the way we are set-up now.

No way would I rather Terry was playing, Luiz is an absolute liabilty - Terry is ten times more solid than him. His goal line clearance from Adebayor last season at The Lane summed him up. Would Luiz of done that? I think not, he'd be too busy trying to get back from his position somewhere on the left wing....

I think we get over-excited by last-ditch goal-line clearances in this country; How about where was he to stop it getting to that point in the first place. If Ade had hit his shot harder or at a different angle, would we renmember his 'blinder'?
He was not put under much pressure that game and I think Lennon being out help them in that sense (oh and playing VDV right wing)

Is it concievable that with us being at home (and thertefore onus on us to attack), not seemingly being able to get balance in our consistency over two halves, Chelsea finally having pace on the break and some real variatey and creativity in the central midfield area, that we could get spandked?8-[

Just asking if that's a realistic possibility..

We're not much of a possession side these days so I don't think being caught on the break will be too much of a problem.

Spurs have got a pretty good record in the Premier League at the Lane against Chelsea recently...

P0070.png

...in fact we're unbeaten in the last 6 matches (3 wins, 3 draws).

I'm quietly confident that we can maintain this good form on Saturday.

You mean the two 1-1 draws, when we let Chelsea off the hook with Gomes fumbling Drogba's shot over the line and when Cole handballed it vefore crossing for Sturridge. I think both we made Terry look good. He's v astly overrated, even by us imo. Remember how Bale raped him and the entire Chelski defence in April 2010?

If we get our brick together, we can do so again. Luiz and Cahill is the future for them. I'd love it if Terry plays against us, with the way we are set-up now.

Each to their own I suppose. I was at both games and I personally thought he kept them in both games at times. He has had some shockers at the lane without question, the 2-1 defeats spring to mind, but in his last two visits, he was vital to them getting a point instead of none. I still don't rate David Luiz as a defender, he's just a good footballer.

We'll line up just like we have in all our other matches so far. The only questions are Brad/Hugo, Dempsey/Siggy and Defoe/Ade. Unfortunately the former will be chosen in all of them.

Correct but dunno about "unfortunately."
AVB will obviously play his idea of our best XI in this game. It will be Ade IMO.

Ade has gotten some match practice with Togo now and should be good to go really. I would like to see Hugo come out to clatter Torres, but for the last spot it doesn't really matter I think.

------------Lloris

Walker--Verts--Gallas--BAE

-Dempsey--Sandro--Dembele

--Lennon----Ade----Bale

Prediction - W3-1

There's no way that we will change formation after an international break, the players haven't had enough time together to work on it. Besides the side is still settling in so changing anything now would be suicide. Last point, when we do try it, I really doubt that Dempsey will play right midfield.

Back