• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea FC *****

What weaknesses can we exploit?

Actually what weakness can they exploit??8-[

In the United OMT I asked how many players United had that were significantly better than ours. In the Chelsea side likely to start who would you nominate?
Cole? Torres? Hazard is in good form.

Strange. I feel more confident about a game like this than Norwich. I feel we are set up to play this game well and hurt them. It might not be pretty and we may see them monopolise possession, but I think Sandro and Dembele have to be as monsterous as they have been so far.

Im usually very confident on this game but something is different this year, I am just not at all

Why is that?

Chelsea are performing well, di Matteo has been very very good this year, sets his teams up near perfect every game, plays against the other teams weaknesses, makes subs at the right time, he's just been real good this year from watching, he stopped arsenal playing at The Emirates and I think he'll set out to stop us from playing our natural game, I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a 0-0.

Chelsea are performing well, di Matteo has been very very good this year, sets his teams up near perfect every game, plays against the other teams weaknesses, makes subs at the right time, he's just been real good this year from watching, he stopped arsenal playing at The Emirates and I think he'll set out to stop us from playing our natural game, I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a 0-0.

Hmmm...interesting.

I'd take that scoreline if offered it now tbf

So would I, even if it does mean Arsenal go above us for a weekend

Going back to your views on DiMatteo and how he performed; do you not think you are overstating how he has performed a bit, save for against Arsenal, who Chelsea normally do well against away?

I mean just this season, they've had 4 big games imo: Atletico, Jventus, Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project. So far not done too well when agaisnt those that can really hurt them and counter their threats (and Arsenal shot themselves in the foot with their comicak defending of set-pieces; though Mata's delivery for theor second was extremely hard to defend against imo)

Going back to your views on DiMatteo and how he performed; do you not think you are overstating how he has performed a bit, save for against Arsenal, who Chelsea normally do well against away?

I mean just this season, they've had 4 big games imo: Atletico, Jventus, Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project. So far not done too well when agaisnt those that can really hurt them and counter their threats (and Arsenal shot themselves in the foot with their comicak defending of set-pieces; though Mata's delivery for theor second was extremely hard to defend against imo)

The true test will be when things go badly. When things are going well it's far easier to be a manager.

Under Mourinho, Ancelotti etc. they had never beat Arsenal without Drogba, first time under di Matteo and they accomplished it, playing some good stuff too. I thought to have Oscar on Arteta all game was brilliant tactically, but yeah as the season goes on we'll see more and more how good of a manager di Matteo is and if he really is lucky or just a tactically good manager.

More brick:

Alot of people saying Spurs are a real force this season and AVB has started well? Am I missing something here? A win at Old Trafford doesn't change a thing. They are woeful and AVB is still a disaster.

People have short memories. Remeber AVB had 3 games to save his job earlier in the season?

Spurs have NOT started well.

No Modric and no VDV? Even with Dembele and Dempsey they are weaker than last year with no squad depth.

I looked through their squad and there are a number of players who would not get near ours. A fair few are past their best or just average prem players.

Bale aside I wouldn't take any of them. We have a great blend at the minute. We are moving towards total football so I don't want anyone to post a comparison of their players individually against ours.

They have NOT had a great start to the season as has been said before. If they get a result against us they would be part way there though.

I see Oscar stifling Dembele and Bale being nullified because of our attacking formation.

f***k worrying about monkey face, we are due a win there i can see us taking it to them and pressing them in there half earlier poster was spot on we will dominate possession and create plenty of chances, i fancy torres to bag a couple

After the last week or so I think the main thing to look out for is we cant go near Bale at all, not even within 5 feet of him or he will dive.

Given all the bad press we have gotten recently can see nothing less than a complete homer of a ref for this one, Bale the most likely to draw pens and red cards against us...

It might have worked in our favour more if this media were as anti-Spurs as they are anti-Chelsea. Ivanovic and Oscar dive once (don't even think Oscar's was a dive tbh) and since it gets highlighted by Sky/BBC and the main media and we've been given nothing since. Same with Suarez at the Dippers. If Bale's diving was highlighted more it would work against him

If there's one thing that really cracks me up then it's Tottenham fans calling us "Chavs". I mean Tottenham of all places - It's truly hilarious.

If ever a place should rightfully be designated Chav Central then Tottenham N17 is that place.

Such a sh*thole they even trashed the place.....and did £5.50 worth of damage.

You burnt your own town, you stupid bar stewards you burnt your own town!

We hanve't won there for 6 years apparently. 3 draws and 3 defeats.

Perhaps but in all 3 draws we deserved to win.

To this day I don't know how we didn't win the 4-4... well actually I do, it was that idiot subbing J.Cole (our best player on the night & on a hattrick).

Both 1-1's we should have won and we were robbed by the referee in one of them as he should have sent Gomes off but failed to do so as he knew Spuds had used all 3 subs so had no like for like replacement.

That Chelsea hating c**t Graham Poll was in charge for one of the losses and sent JT off for no reason and disallowed a perfectly legit Drogba goal. Other 2 we deserved to lose and were outplayed.

So that's 2 games out of 6 where we've not been the better side. We're overdue a win there given all the recent bad luck, IMO.

Its all flimflam, its what happens on the pitch that matters, we are good enough to beat them and I think we shall, I thought the £5.50 worth of damage was funny!

I fear we may come unstuck in this one. Their midfield trio of Mata, Oscar and Hazard is pure quality and has more than enough creativity to unlock our defence. Midfield however, will be crucial and sandro and dembele are going to need to be on top form. I would be tempted to play ade but i think we know AVB wont.
My preferred team would be.
Lloris (albeit slightly risky)

Naughton Caulker Gallas Verts

Lennon Sandro Dembele Bale

Defoe Ade
old fashioned 442 might actually take them by suprise. i would play naughton as walker is not in good form and naughton seems quite solid

I fear we may come unstuck in this one. Their midfield trio of Mata, Oscar and Hazard is pure quality and has more than enough creativity to unlock our defence. Midfield however, will be crucial and sandro and dembele are going to need to be on top form. I would be tempted to play ade but i think we know AVB wont.
My preferred team would be.
Lloris (albeit slightly risky)

Naughton Caulker Gallas Verts

Lennon Sandro Dembele Bale

Defoe Ade
old fashioned 442 might actually take them by suprise. i would play naughton as walker is not in good form and naughton seems quite solid

It would be maddness in this game to go with only 4 in midfield against their 5.

COYS. We really need revenge for these so called European Champions robbing us of our spot in the CL.

Back