• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*OMT Tottenham Hotspur v c...sea *

Great performance today. We looked solid and whilst we didn’t great loads of chances we did take our chances well. Ironic that against the biggest spenders this year our two goals were scored by homegrown players. Love it.

You didn't think Romero was a standout ?
I thought he was unbelievable.
Best performance from a central defender that I've seen for a very long time.

I thought the big upside from Romero today was that, in the main, he was a lot calmer, more composed and didnt dive in as much.

He's good enough and quick enough that he doesnt need to go to ground as much as he does or jump in as much as he does

Was excellent today

He was. But needs to cut out the brinkmanship coming out with the ball, it's asking for trouble.

The worst time was when he lost his focus for a moment, then almost lost possession as he had to go in to a challenge to get it back. He needs to be better focused and keep it simple. If he loses possession and we concede then all his defensive skills matter little.

Just watched the 2nd half again, as I was preparing dinner and cakes for my sons birthday when the game was on, so I only watched it with half an eye on my phone.

How Chilwell didn't even get a booking is beyond belief! Chelsea's squad is littered with utter scumbags, but Chilwell and Mount are high up on the list of utter clams! I want to punch their face every time I see them!

Agree with you - honestly seems like he's pretty easily rattled, which is surprising to me given he played in an uncompromising Simeone team for as long as he did. Expected him to have more bottle.

First half, I thought he was pretty effective in creating overloads and getting past our mid-block as Chelsea's main outlet in the middle.

But he was in a few rough tackles towards the end of the 45, then got easily beaten to the ball by Skippy for our first, and never recovered after that.

Also noticed he rarely went near Romero in the second 45, which grew more and more funny to me the more it became obvious that he was doing it on purpose to not get two-footed. :D
I thought he was great in that first half
Second half … chicken brick
And he was their pick for me

What I do not understand is that while Ziyech rightly got a yellow card instead of a possible red, before that push the ref already had the yellow card in his hand for the original foul. So while it should not have been a straight red, he should have got 2 yellows which equals a red.
The ref was so scared… he brick himself and left the pitch

What I do not understand is that while Ziyech rightly got a yellow card instead of a possible red, before that push the ref already had the yellow card in his hand for the original foul. So while it should not have been a straight red, he should have got 2 yellows which equals a red.
Unless the yellow card was for Havertz instead of Ziyech to start with.

And this is why we won and kept a clean sheet. Just as we did last week and against City. Funny how staying focused and cutting out the stupid brick wins you games.

Not just that. We had a team of battlers today - as we did against the spammers last week. If we have to play the Conte way, it means we have to be solid. That means Royal over Porro, Davies over Sess/Peresic and Richi over Sonny.

There may be games where we can be more expansive but we have to earn the right to play first. Sonny, Porro and Peresic are great options to have off the bench or for rotation against the bus parking sides.

Will be interesting to see the selection against Sheff U on Weds.

That nutmeg inside our 16 yard box... Not something I want him to attempt on a regular basis, but it was fudging beautiful!

That guy absolutely lives in his own world, does whatever the fudge he wants, occasionally decides he's a marauding midfielder, nutter!

That guy absolutely lives in his own world, does whatever the fudge he wants, occasionally decides he's a marauding midfielder, nutter!

There was a moment in the second half when Forster claimed a corner, the player sprinting forward for a counterattack was Romero.

Ball didn’t get released but to see our CB being the one making the run wasn’t something you’d expect.

Back