• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*OMT Tottenham Hotspur v c...sea *

He had a few terrible moments too, when he was way way too cool/relaxed/nonchalant and lost the ball very unnecessary. Could have cost us. He has to rid himself of that. Other than that, he was magnificent!
Yep there was one incident where he was almost caught out for being to casual and had to make a rescuing slide tackle. Otherwise as you say very good today. Shout out to Dier too who played very well. The only caveat being Chelsea didn't really test our defence.

He had a few terrible moments too, when he was way way too cool/relaxed/nonchalant and lost the ball very unnecessary. Could have cost us. He has to rid himself of that. Other than that, he was magnificent!

I'll happily live with that given what he does offer on the ball when things go well.

I think it was more a bad touch (ball coming off his standing foot) rather than him being nonchalant.

I think it was more a bad touch (ball coming off his standing foot) rather than him being nonchalant.

It wasn't. He was in full control, standing still, and just waiting for the Chelsea player. He wanted to tease him by passing just as he got there, but he waited too long. Skipp had to lunge into a tackle to prevent a counter.

I'm so happy! And I salute Royal and also apologise. And I like that Richy got some time and did well. Everyone was on it. I am taking a mini delight in Chelsea implosion

Have I got this right? It's the correct decision not to red card Ziyech as VAR official knew he didn't mean to catch Royal in the face. ESP now part of the VAR process? Not a penalty if you didn't mean to mis-tackle? Not offside if you didn't know you were? I'd like to know what Peter Walton and Doris Stokes view on this are.

Have I got this right? It's the correct decision not to red card Ziyech as VAR official knew he didn't mean to catch Royal in the face. ESP now part of the VAR process? Not a penalty if you didn't mean to mis-tackle? Not offside if you didn't know you were? I'd like to know what Peter Walton and Doris Stokes view on this are.

Just more madness for the brick that is VAR.

It's absolute flimflam and they all know it

VAR cannot and will not improve if every time they fudge up, they, the media and their fanboy commentators circle the wagons and protect the decision

You put your hands in someone's face, it's a fudging red card

The amount of yellows that Chelsea didn't get was ridiculous as well.

No, it's the correct decision because Royal ran 20 yards to barge Ziyech in the back. Ziyech whirled around and pushed Royal in the shoulder and his hand slipped up and across Royal's shoulder so his fingers brushed Royal's face. Not an attempt to strike someone in the face, and provoked. Yellow card was correct.

Havertz got the first yellow for tripping Richie. Everything worked as it is supposed to. Please try harder to understand VAR; the ref asked who raised their hands, VAR said it was Ziyech, Ref and linesman thought it was red, at which point VAR can intervene and say it deserves a video review. Perfect.

No, it's the correct decision because Royal ran 20 yards to barge Ziyech in the back. Ziyech whirled around and pushed Royal in the shoulder and his hand slipped up and across Royal's shoulder so his fingers brushed Royal's face. Not an attempt to strike someone in the face, and provoked. Yellow card was correct.

Havertz got the first yellow for tripping Richie. Everything worked as it is supposed to. Please try harder to understand VAR; the ref asked who raised their hands, VAR said it was Ziyech, Ref and linesman thought it was red, at which point VAR can intervene and say it deserves a video review. Perfect.

I'll try harder to understand when they try to understand the fans and don't keep making it up as they go along.

It's absolute flimflam and they all know it

VAR cannot and will not improve if every time they fudge up, they, the media and their fanboy commentators circle the wagons and protect the decision

You put your hands in someone's face, it's a fudging red card

The amount of yellows that Chelsea didn't get was ridiculous as well.

It’s tough because by the rules, absolutely and all day long a red. But by the spirit of the moment it’s a yellow. What I think should’ve happened was a yellow on Ziyech for the initial foul (I know Havertz tried to trip him but Ziyech barged through to make sure he went over and caught his knee as he did) and then a yellow for the handbags. That’s two yellows (doh!)…I thought we made the most of that moment TBH and it ended up about where it should have if Atwell wanted to finish the match in control. Spirit of incident prevailing over rulebook. Of course, I wonder where such ‘spirit’ was for Sonny’s red card against them a few years back, a red card I still find hugely egregious.

It’s tough because by the rules, absolutely and all day long a red. But by the spirit of the moment it’s a yellow. What I think should’ve happened was a yellow on Ziyech for the initial foul (I know Havertz tried to trip him but Ziyech barged through to make sure he went over and caught his knee as he did) and then a yellow for the handbags. That’s two yellows (doh!)…I thought we made the most of that moment TBH and it ended up about where it should have if Atwell wanted to finish the match in control. Spirit of incident prevailing over rulebook. Of course, I wonder where such ‘spirit’ was for Sonny’s red card against them a few years back, a red card I still find hugely egregious.

Exactly, it came to mind for me as well.

The problem with following the "spirit" is it leads to inconsistencies and interpretations.

An adult human in a professional sports environment should never put their hands in someone's face, and is the next guy just going to make sure he pushes the shoulder first then into the face?

didnt get round to commenting on this, really great win, cant decide if chelsea were poor, we were great, or a combo of both.

Have to question Potter not packing out the midfield, surely the obvious source of challenging us. Anyway, everyone put in a performance, let's keep it going.

Sonny's red card was for kicking out at Rudiger while Son was on the floor. Very different from Ziyech's overurned red card IMO. The decision that I think WAS very wrong in the game was Silva's elbow on Romero, that looked a straight red card to me as an elbow in the face on purpose.

Back