• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v aston villa

If Townsend starts, it has to be on the right. Lamela hasn't done enough to warrant an automatic spot in the first XI yet.

Why does it have to be on the right? Townsend seems the most natural wide left winger type player in our squad at the moment and if we play a right footed left back it makes sense to me at least to have him play wide left.

Of the 7 players we have available to play the three positions behind the striker, Chadli is probably my 6th or 7th choice.

I think he could do well there. Would give us some physical presence too.

Personally I think Eriksen has done enough overall to keep his place though.

is it just me who thinks Villa will shade this? Home form, determination, Benteke and all that? I just have a fear that they will score a couple and we will resort to type and roll over....

is it just me who thinks Villa will shade this? Home form, determination, Benteke and all that? I just have a fear that they will score a couple and we will resort to type and roll over....

Could very easily end up being a close game, can go either way.

I think we will have the majority of possession, hopefully in a somewhat more useful way than against West Ham though.

The first goal will be vital as it so often is. They get the first one and we could get punished further on the break, we get the first goal and they'll have to come forward more.

On the train now to Brum New Street, can anyone recommend any bars before travelling to Aston or are there any in Aston that let away fans in?

Then he'll should have to be patient and wait for his opportunity. It will come. But then he'll need to take it.

I just don't think you buy a £30m player and then say 'be patient son, you've got to await your opportunity'.
Wenger bought Ozil, put him straight into the team and let him get on with it. Lamela has been quoted as saying he has found the Prem physical and fast - well the only way to get used to it is the play. 20 minute cameos and UEFA Cup games aren't the answer IMO.

Naturally I will be over the moon with a win, but have a feeling we will struggle today. Went for 2-2 in the Prediciton League a few days ago and I'm still sticking with it. Can certainly see goals at either end today.

Just think we may have to wait until Thursday for our next win

Could very easily end up being a close game, can go either way.

I think we will have the majority of possession, hopefully in a somewhat more useful way than against West Ham though.

The first goal will be vital as it so often is. They get the first one and we could get punished further on the break, we get the first goal and they'll have to come forward more.

nah we'll win comfortably. the wham game was a 1 off. Could have easily been 2-0 before they scored their first. just had some misfortune really

am i the only one confident about this one?? I'm thinking a 3 or 4 goal win honestly

nah we'll win comfortably. the wham game was a 1 off. Could have easily been 2-0 before they scored their first. just had some misfortune really

am i the only one confident about this one?? I'm thinking a 3 or 4 goal win honestly

Villa look likely to be a mid-table-ish team this season.

All mid table teams in the Prem are capable of causing real problems even for the top teams in the league, particularly at home. No PL side goes away to mid table teams and win comfortably week in and week out, I don't see how expecting us to just go out and win comfortably in one of these games is realistic.

This match will be a real test of character for the team. After the humiliating defeat to West Ham, everyone will be looking at how the team responds. This team need to prove they have the mental strength to recover from setbacks. This match will also show if we have the credentials to be a title contenders. Teams with title ambitions must respond positively from defeats. We can't afford to let the West Ham defeat affect us mentally. We need a big performance from all the players, especially our "big" name players. But more importantly we need a good result in this match.

I think our midfield was the main culprit for the defeat to West Ham. We simply lost the midfield battle and failed to create many chances for our attacks. It was really disappointing considering West Ham didn't have any top class midfielders. Paulinho and company needs to step up their game and win the midfield from the start. I think their performance against West Ham has put some doubt on the Paulinho-Dembele partnership. For all his trickery and dribbling skills, Dembele just lack the creativity or the killer pass needed. Maybe we should consider dropping Dembele and partner Paulinho with Sandro instead. Atleast that will stop other teams from running past our midfield as Sandro will stop them. After his exploits with England, everyone will be looking at how Townsend plays in this match. Want to see Townsend concentrate more on creating chances instead of trying to score everytime. Want to see Eriksen and Sigurdsson having more impact in this match. Being our leading scorer in the league, it will be helpfull if Sigurdsson can get us a goal or two.

You can't help but worried about our lack of goals in the league. More disappointingly, our strikers have yet to score from open play in the league. I think maybe we expected too much too soon from Soldado. He really doesn't look like scoring now. Defoe didn't do any better against West Ham either. We somehow need to help Soldado to start scoring some goals. To do that, we need to create more chances for him. Our midfielders need to stop trying to score themselves and create the chances for our strikers instead. I am sure Soldado will find his goal scoring boot sooner or later if he gets more chances. That goes the same for Defoe as well. Wish we can rely on Lamela to get us the goals now. But he doesn't look like ready for league matches now.

Our defence was a big letdown against West Ham. After keeping so many clean sheets this season, it was totally unexpected the way we conceded 3 goals against a shyte West Ham. Don't want to see the defence making such mistakes again. Maybe AVB should consider rotating the defence to keep everyone of them on their toes. I think Vertonghen and Dawson tend to get complacent at times as they are guaranteed to start every match now. So won't mind if Kaboul or Chiriches starts this match. In fact, apart from Lloris won't mind if the other players are rotated regularly in defence.

Can see Villa making it hard for us in this match. Without a doubt, Villa will be out for revenge for that 0-4 loss to us in the League Cup. And they have looked decent against big teams as well. I think if we can stop Benteke from scoring, we will have a good chance to win this match. We did well to keep the clean sheet against Villa in the League Cup. It will be great if we can keep another clean sheet here. But will be happy as long as we win this match.

If Sandro plays we win. If he doesn't we lose. I think it will be a 1-1 with Verts scoring ours.

Any official team news yet ?

Feeling nervous about this match. Hope the team will respond in a positive way after the West Ham defeat. Really don't care how we play or who will score but just want us to get back to winning ways. Hope we will win and get the 3 points somehow.

It is a new Premier League regulation that any games played on a Sunday must kick off at the same time as one of the televised games so usually this gives clubs an option of kicking off at 1:30 or 4pm. No idea why this has been brought in other than that it looks tidier?

I guess we would prefer 4pm KO's as it allows an extra couple of hours recovery from the Europa fixture on the Thursday night but as stated you would imagine the police would prefer the Spammers game to KO as early as possible - that said there haven't been any major issues.

It is a new Premier League regulation that any games played on a Sunday must kick off at the same time as one of the televised games so usually this gives clubs an option of kicking off at 1:30 or 4pm. No idea why this has been brought in other than that it looks tidier?

I guess we would prefer 4pm KO's as it allows an extra couple of hours recovery from the Europa fixture on the Thursday night but as stated you would imagine the police would prefer the Spammers game to KO as early as possible - that said there haven't been any major issues.

Didnt realise that

Back