• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

I guess that innate feeling of stress I had in each game was correct. That City game was genuinely stressful. Chelsea much less so and Arsenal basically none. [emoji23]

I find it far more stressful watching on TV than being at the match, I think it might be the commentary, I turn it down when I watch on my own. When I'm at the ground I cant turn down the pillock behind me and his mini me son but have the compensation of watching my grandson leaping about when we score.

It’s incredibly hard to do. To do it every game must be mentally draining hence why his teams do go bust
The pressure alone on the players to keep going is horrendous
Yet they eat it up
I’ve already nominated serge for MOTM... this is a guy who I thought shared a brain cell with an amoeba.
Now ... wow. The guy deserves huge, huge credit and should have it banked now.
Hojdjberg... awful player be Everton. Looked clumsy and slooooow. Right now he is the best midfielder in the land.
And son and Kane are world class big the team around them helps them be world class
This is a really interesting point.
For a few decades now every team has talked the three or five year plan.
Mourinho has delivered it everywhere - three years of winning. He's come in to win. He's won.
No point in a three plan without trophies.

Levy has the structure he always wanted now. It's down to the coach to deliver the wins and Levy to plan for post Mourinho - and he should know what to expect.

We're also a team in transition and probably a little ahead of schedule, because of other clubs poor form. Hopefully, we can add to the defensive strength and find a way of breaking down teams that sit deep. If we can do that in the next couple of months, we might win the title.

I seem to remember exactly those sentiments being expressedearly in Poch's reign. But I agree with the second and third parts of your comment. Onwards and upwards!

but what if anything happens to Kane or Son?
If you always worry about the what if, you'll miss the right now. (To anyone else that posts in the mental health thread, the irony of me posting this is abundant!).
When something happens to one of them - on probably it will - we'll adapt and play in a way that nullifies the opposition allows Bale, Vinicius or Moura to cause damage.

There is no point not doing our job now just incase something happens. Do it now so we are strong when it does.
Just imagine we are ten points clear with eight to go, then both Kane, Son and Hugo get ruled out.
26 to play for, but we can drop 15 and still win because of the work already done.
The same injuries could still happen, but with us 2points behind.

One game at a time isn't a negative statement from JM. It's about putting one brick on another and knowing what you want the house to look like.

I guess that innate feeling of stress I had in each game was correct. That City game was genuinely stressful. Chelsea much less so and Arsenal basically none. [emoji23]
Pretty much
Difference being one tried to beat us
One was scared of us so didn’t really try anything
The other was fudging clueless and beat themselves

We're also a team in transition and probably a little ahead of schedule, because of other clubs poor form. Hopefully, we can add to the defensive strength and find a way of breaking down teams that sit deep. If we can do that in the next couple of months, we might win the title.

There is so much in today's performance that the ignorant will not get

- The Scum, like Chelsea, United, City before them, knew exactly what we were going to do to them, and couldn't do fudge all about it (only Chelsea who basically sacrificed their threat to not be killed on counter), only the very best teams can pull this off
- Jose himself said it, 2nd half we normally would have brought on Ndombele and probably fudged them another time or two on the counter, we didn't have that option, we were 2-0 up and controlling the game, why change it? to prove to some idiot in the sky box that we can play naïve football?
- Once again, Lloris had one fudging save to make, so for whatever the opposition does with the possesion/attempt/whatever, our keeper is making one save in a game against supposedly our top 6 competition.

Once again, job done, clean sheet, 10 points out of 12 against United, City, Chelsea, Scum, GD of 14, best defence in league .. but someone will find something to bitch about

There is so much in today's performance that the ignorant will not get

- The Scum, like Chelsea, United, City before them, knew exactly what we were going to do to them, and couldn't do fudge all about it (only Chelsea who basically sacrificed their threat to not be killed on counter), only the very best teams can pull this off
- Jose himself said it, 2nd half we normally would have brought on Ndombele and probably fudged them another time or two on the counter, we didn't have that option, we were 2-0 up and controlling the game, why change it? to prove to some idiot in the sky box that we can play naïve football?
- Once again, Lloris had one fudging save to make, so for whatever the opposition does with the possesion/attempt/whatever, our keeper is making one save in a game against supposedly our top 6 competition.

Once again, job done, clean sheet, 10 points out of 12 against United, City, Chelsea, Scum, GD of 14, best defence in league .. but someone will find something to bitch about
And if we’re chasing a game we can bring on bale.. even not upto his historical level teams are scared of him

Back