• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

I don't think it's that. I think that he's bitter about the way his career petered out. We were brick when he played for us and he wasn't even the star in the team.

We where ahead of the game back then, with our midfield playing walking football.

One thing I find interesting in relation to that stat is during the Poch era it always felt like we needed to score first and early to get a good performance (and we tended to need to play well to win matches). The longer the game went on the more likely it felt that we might lose.

With this Mourinho side it doesn't feel so critical to score early (although we are) because defensively the feeling is growing game after game that we can keep the opposition out so even if we get the goal in 89th minute it will likely be enough.

I'm finding that an intriguing feeling. The City game was stressful because they create a certain time of chance and if they managed to get one through its almost certainly a goal. Then the Chelsea match where they had more chances but the quality of them was lower so I never felt the stress of the previous match. Which leaves is with today where to be completely honest I never felt any kind of stress. Arsenal created one decent chance (the header Lloris saved), although the created fudge all and never really seemed to close to creating anything.

He was the second best youth team player I've ever seen at Spurs, we should have tried harder to keep him.

Wasn't he homesick and wanted to return " up north". A great shame. A natural successor to Dave Mackay and Graham Roberts.

One thing I find interesting in relation to that stat is during the Poch era it always felt like we needed to score first and early to get a good performance (and we tended to need to play well to win matches). The longer the game went on the more likely it felt that we might lose.

With this Mourinho side it doesn't feel so critical to score early (although we are) because defensively the feeling is growing game after game that we can keep the opposition out so even if we get the goal in 89th minute it will likely be enough.

I'm finding that an intriguing feeling. The City game was stressful because they create a certain time of chance and if they managed to get one through its almost certainly a goal. Then the Chelsea match where they had more chances but the quality of them was lower so I never felt the stress of the previous match. Which leaves is with today where to be completely honest I never felt any kind of stress. Arsenal created one decent chance (the header Lloris saved), although the created fudge all and never really seemed to close to creating anything.
Chelsea created less chances than city
The shot map and XG were quite different

here’s a great analysis

city http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2020/...-goals-post-match-stats-shots-map-spurs-mcfc/

Chelsea http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2020/...oals-shots-map-and-full-time-stats-cfc-spurs/

Wasn't he homesick and wanted to return " up north". A great shame. A natural successor to Dave Mackay and Graham Roberts.

Yeah Perryman got the nod over him, he was a much better player but Perryman had drive and energy we were missing, they complement each other well in the youth team but we had Peters and Mullery in first team.

Back