• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur FC v Norwich

As I type, Jason Mohammed on the BBC discussed the table and mentions Leics Ars City Palace and Utd but not Spurs, typical!
We have history of falling away, after showing sooo much promise. Apart from THAT season we got into the CL. Not surprising, really.

I think last night I had so much do drink that I got minor alcohol poisoning as I have only just woken up. When you wake up and it's pitch black dark it sets you up to feel depressed until you find your sleeping pattern back.

But then I remembered the games today, checked the scores and not only have we won by a big scoreline but teams around us have actually dropped points at the same time!

Couldn't be any happier right now, think I might have to have more ludicrous lie ins...

We have history of falling away, after showing sooo much promise. Apart from THAT season we got into the CL. Not surprising, really.

Fair enough, and it's true, but it's not like Leicester or Palace have long and glorious histories of successful title challenges either.

That said, being Spurs we're better off staying under the radar anyway.

Great performance after the first 20 minutes. Lamela class again, in addition to his constant closing down. He is slowly slowly unleashing his talent, while at the same time continuing to do the basics. Very easy to forget one or the other and takes discipline and self-belief to do both at the same time. Well done Coco!

I wish we had scored a couple more though, if anything, to give us the best GD in the league. That would have been a treat. But super happy, not only by the win, but with how we dominated the game. Hopefully that's a sign we're back to early season form, only this time with the results, to boot.

Watford will be a very interesting and tough game, given they seem to be the real deal. COYS!

['Arry] Well, it was a triffic match fred, ya know, they've seen it all here today. Dead budgies, Badgers, a top top quality post. When I came here, we was gettin turned over 1-2 at 'ome to Saudi Sportswashing Machine ya know, so to go and win free nil today really was superb and I'd like to take all the credit. [\'Arry]

Wasn't a beautiful game. But after a slow start we were awesome. Showed we are a different level to Norwich. Clean sheet, +3 in the goals column, and not an exhausting match with a game in a couple of days. Can't ask for more can you?

You know I dont mind nowadays, used to. Let them talk the other teams up, put the pressure on them, and let us toddle along.

Another thing, it felt bad at the time, but that defeat v Saudi Sportswashing Machine might turn out to be a blessing. Perhaps that unbeaten run was becoming a hindrance forcing us to settle for draws and not go for wins in case it cost us the sequence.

I assume odds for the title after today will be CIty,Arsenal with Liverpool 3rd favourites now!

You know I dont mind nowadays, used to. Let them talk the other teams up, put the pressure on them, and let us toddle along.

Another thing, it felt bad at the time, but that defeat v Saudi Sportswashing Machine might turn out to be a blessing. Perhaps that unbeaten run was becoming a hindrance forcing us to settle for draws and not go for wins in case it cost us the sequence.

I assume odds for the title after today will be CIty,Arsenal with Liverpool 3rd favourites now!

A few of us commented at that time but base on our previous form, of we lose on Monday were still on a better run of points per game over the last 3 than over the remainder of the season

Didn't get to see the game today, so can't really comment on it. Just wanted to say that we're the team in the league with the joint best goal difference now. We've conceded the least goals of any team, 4 less than number two on the list. I'm sure you all knew already, but in case some of you are too drunk to have noticed. :D

This is an erection inducing win ! It is great to see us winning and keeping the clean sheet for the second consecutive match. More importantly, it has helped us in the top 4 race by opening up a 2 point lead over teams below us. With Leicester and Arsenal losing, this win has also helped us close the gap over the teams above us as we are now just 6 points from the top place. But too bad ManCity have won or we would be in 3rd place now. Just imagine, if we had not thrown away all those points, we would be leading the league comfortably by now. I noticed one important thing about this win. Unlike the previous matches where we started fast only to get tired later in the match, we started this match slowly and finished the match strongly. Maybe this is the strategy we have to follow to from now on. We did play very well and could have won this match by 5 or 6 goals.

Credit to Kane for scoring 2 goals and Carroll for getting our third goal. It is nice to see Kane continuing his goal run. He has now scored 11 league goals and 13 in total this season. His penalty was not very convincing for his first goal but his second goal was well-taken long range shot. Disappointingly, we only seem to win when Kane scores in the league. For that, hope Kane will continue to score in the league. Well done to Carroll for scoring his first ever league goal for us but wish we got a goal from a regular starters like Lamela, Eriksen or Alli. Both Lamela and Alli played well and had a hand in both of Kane's goal. In fact, Alli should have scored 2 goals while Lamela could have get a hattrick. Thought Lamela was our best player as he again worked hard for the team. But it is really frustrating to see him not scoring many goals in the league. His first 2 shots, including the rabona technique was well saved but he should have done better with the 4-on-1 chance in the 2nd half. He had all the time in the world to dribble past the defender to score but instead he passed to Kane who wasted the chance. Wish Lamela can improve himself to score in the league.

Well done to our midfield for having another good game. We did struggle for the first 20 mins or so but we came back stronger after that. It is good to have a settled midfield of Dier, Dembele and Alli. Was worried when Dembele got injured but glad it was not very bad. Hope he will be fit to play against Watford. Despite that, wish Eriksen can find his best form for us. I think he has been playing with only half of his full potential this season. Unlike last season, Eriksen has not looked like scorng even from his trademark freekicks now.

It is great to see our defence keeping clean sheet for the second consecutive match. Norwich didn't attack us much but Lloris did make 1 or 2 top class saves. Well done to Lloris for keeping the clean sheet on his 29th birthday. I think he would have been upset if we had conceded a goal. It helped to have both Vertonghen and Alderweireld in good form now. In fact, Alderweireld should have scored a goal as he had a free header from Lamela's corner but couldn't steer it into goal. But Walker almost gifted a goal to Norwich when his stupid mistake allowed them good chance to score but fortunately Lloris saved it.

It is nice to win and consolidate the 4th place. But we should aim much higher now as we are only 6 points behind first placed Leicester. Hope we will go on a winning run to move closer to the top 3 places.

I think it's a coincidence that we win when Kane scores. But it's great to see us consolidate 4th place and with the best defense, best GD, and fewest losses in the league. Sign of a title contending team. I definitely think it's doable, even though we wasted a lot of points in the early part of the season.

Back