• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Totteham vs Swansea - Season Recovery Edition

Nicely put. The best team won today. We weren't "unlucky" to lose at Liverpool- a couple of our players screwed up despite being the better team that day, also.

so is this how you felt when we were "Foyed" last season?

If it happens often enough, can it be considered luck?

I don't believe so. More likely that the times we have sat back and lost the opposing team has been good enough on the day to score against us, and in reverse when we have won we have been good enough to stop the opposing team scoring against us.

There are two teams on the pitch remember.

and a referee - is this how you felt last season when we were "Foyed" or at OT a couple of seasons ago when were were "Webbed" at 2-0 up?

If it happens often enough, can it be considered luck?

I don't believe so. More likely that the times we have sat back and lost the opposing team has been good enough on the day to score against us, and in reverse when we have won we have been good enough to stop the opposing team scoring against us.

There are two teams on the pitch remember.

and a referee - is this how you felt last season when we were "Foyed" or at OT a couple of seasons ago when were were "Webbed" at 2-0 up?

If you are good enough you should be able to win no matter what the referee does.

So yes, that is exactly how i felt.

If you are good enough you should be able to win no matter what the referee does.

So yes, that is exactly how i felt.

I can't believe that. If you were good enough, had goals disallowed, player sent off for no good reason and the opposition were given penalty for no good reason.... then you may still find yourself losing.

The referee has some control over the game and influence and, as such, can change the outcome of the game against that which should occur.

I can't believe that. If you were good enough, had goals disallowed, player sent off for no good reason and the opposition were given penalty for no good reason.... then you may still find yourself losing.

The referee has some control over the game and influence and, as such, can change the outcome of the game against that which should occur.

=D>

A light-hearted recap..............No offence to any poster.

my GHod, cactus head sure has had a massive fall from grace since being crowned young player of the year.
dembele has actually done fudge all today
Told you. No surprise at all. We just sit back until they score. Ridiculous.
Welcome back my beloved Spurs. (This one made me smile.........)
cactus head is doing my nut in.
seriously cactus head just fudge off
Oh joy, the 5 minutes of defending that we didnt want because we can't defend today!
5 mins injury time. We are royaly fudged now.
5 fudging minutes?!
fudging stand tough and hold onto a ball you tossers!!!
Spurs playing very well today. We will win this one. 3rd place is ours
And there we are. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
fudging hell. I need to go lie down.
My fudging heart! Same old Spurs........winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the hard way.
And to finish.................................
YES I AM AN OMT GHod, SEASON BACK ON TRACK. YOU BITTER PRICKS CAN ALL SUCK MY SPERM. FAREWELL.

Remeber........have Faith!! COYS!!

hahaha i love it.. hope the name cactus head sticks for walker, that or pea brain.

You can say that a team has been unlucky when it has been on the end of a crucial, poor decision by a referee (or, as against Stoke last season, a plethora of poor decisions).

But you can't say that a team has been unlucky when it has missed good goalscoring chances - either through poor finishing on their own part or good defending / goalkeeping on the other team's part. Hitting woodwork is just narrowly failing to score. It's missing the target. Nothing unlucky about it. Just not quite good enough.

Luck was on our side that day. Hence the reason we won.

Same as today - if the Swansea guy (? Routledge) had headed it in instead of against the underside of the crossbar from point blank range (and the rebound could easily have also gone in too) or if Michu's other header had found the other side of the post - we wouldnt have won.

Luck plays a significant part in the outcome of a lot of games.

We won.
Why are you so worried about 'luck'?
By your definition, we must've had an awful lot of 'luck' this season...(BTW we have yet to get a pen all season in the Prem and any time Bale so much as thinks about going down under a challenge he is instantly diving and Sigurdsson's hit the woodwork what, 5 times this season?)...

We won.
By your definition, we must've had an awful lot of 'luck' this season...(BTW we have yet to get a pen all season in the Prem and any time Bale so much as thinks about going down under a challenge he is instantly diving and Sigurdsson's hit the woodwork what, 5 times this season?)...

While some teams get them awarded when the foul is a yard outside the box :-"

This was a much needed win ! After losing our last 3 matches, we simply had to win this match. But as usual we made hard work of it in a typical Spurs fashion ! Would have preferred us to have won this match more comfortably after taking the 2-0 lead so early. But as usual, we got complacent and almost threw away the match. Just don't understand why we cannot kill off matches like this more comfortably. Fortunately for us, Swansea couldn't make use of their chances in the second half.

This match proves yet again that we rely almost entirely on Bale to win us matches ! When he plays well, we play well. And he gave another man-of-the-match performance yet again as he set up 1 goal, scored 1 and came up with a match-winning block just when we badly needed. But he should and could have easily scored a hattrick as he hit the post once and should have done better with 2 other chances. It was a great chip from Bale for Vertonghen's goal. Due credit for Vertonghen for the way he controlled the pass and scored it brilliantly. And Bale's goal was another addition to his long list of wonder goals. The way he controlled it and scored with the outside of his foot was world class !

Those 2 wonder goals should have given us the confidence to score more goals. Instead, we got complacent and let Swansea control the match after that. Our midfield were again at fault as we let Swansea control the midfield. For some season, our midfield didn't have a good match, especially Dembele. Even Lennon was largely anonymous throughout the match. Apart from the great shot which the goalie saved, Sigurdsson didn't contribute much either. Holtyby didn't do any better when he came on. Wish our midfield would be more commanding and ruthless in matches like these.

Was disappointed with our defence for not keeping the clean sheet. Thought Dawson and Friedel should have done better with the goal. Dawson should have covered Michu and Friedel should have come and punched out the ball like Lloris used to do. Apart from that, due credit for Friedel for being alert on the quick-freekick taken by Swansea. That was a crucial block from him. Swansea had their chances to score but thought we defended fairly well for most of the times. Apart from the well-taken goal, thought Vertonghen did brilliantly in defence as well.

This win will go a long way in helping to boost our confidence for the remaining matches. Hopefully we can bring this winning mood into the match against Basel in the EL quarter final next week.

We won.

Yes I do believe we have had more than our fair share of luck this season, just like last season we didnt have our fair share.

Whether you like it or not, luck - whether it is offside decisions, penalties, hit woodwork, goalkeeping **** ups (or unusually extraordinary games) - all play a significant part in determining the outcome of games. Many games are close in actuality but sometimes turn on a single moment of good or bad fortune depending on who you are supporting.

To deny the fact that luck plays any sort of part in games is to live in denial.

Penalties aside (and we have had lots of pens both ways that havent been given so that probably just about evens itself out.)

He went down in my estimations today

mine too. I really wanted us to sign him. I would still have him even tho today he acted like a plonker.

Suarez is a fantastic player imo - but there is no way I would want us to sign him.

Yes I do believe we have had more than our fair share of luck this season, just like last season we didnt have our fair share.

Whether you like it or not, luck - whether it is offside decisions, penalties, hit woodwork, goalkeeping **** ups (or unusually extraordinary games) - all play a significant part in determining the outcome of games. Many games are close in actuality but sometimes turn on a single moment of good or bad fortune depending on who you are supporting.

To deny the fact that luck plays any sort of part in games is to live in denial.

Penalties aside (and we have had lots of pens both ways that havent been given so that probably just about evens itself out.)

I understand what Steff is saying. Luck we consider to be a flukey goal, an offside goal or a penalty that should or should not have been given, even a kind referee decision. So obviously Stoke were very lucky against us last season I actually can't think of any instances where we have won games this season through "being lucky." What you are calling luck I would be more inclined to define as "fine margins" now there have been plenty of those for and against us. For every Nathan Dyer header against the bar I will raise you Jermain Defoe hitting the ball at point blank straight at Schwarzer. I think we have generally defended well this season and ground out results. If this was utd most footballing pundits would be creaming themselves. What's cost us in the league imo certainly against Fulham and Wigan at home and possibly Liverpool away, is playing in the Europa League. We don't have a good enough squad so many of our players are knackered e.g. Walker, for it but credit to AVB for trying to win it.

Last edited:
Back