• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Totteham vs Swansea - Season Recovery Edition

Don't forget that Spurs drew at Swansea last season, so that's two extra points won today that we didn't have in 2011-12.

We're now just a point behind our tally from 31 matches last season and a win next time out at home to Everton will put us a point above last season's total after 32 games and set a new club Premier League Era record of 60 points from 32 matches.

If you compare the identical fixtures against last season, Spurs are now a point ahead....

Tottenham Hotspur Premier League Points Won 1992-93 to 2012-13

Last edited:
Don't forget that Spurs drew at Swansea last season, so that's two extra points won today that we didn't have in 2011-12.

We're now just a point behind our tally from 31 matches last season and a win next time out at home to Everton will put us a point above last season's total after 32 games and set a new club Premier League Era record of 60 points from 32 matches.

If you compare the identical fixtures against last season, Spurs are now a point ahead....

Tottenham Hotspur Premier League Points Won 1992-93 to 2012-13

Considering we were 11 points behind last years total after 13 games that would be quite a comeback to be +1 last term's.

Fantastic result today. Never mind what the teams around us do, we look after ourselves, we'll be ok.

We never do things the easy way do we? Stating the obvious I know but we never change.

Amazing really how we are 3rd considering almost every team we play these days has better strikers than us, if you're not counting Bale as an out and out striker. Terrible finishing from Ade again today. And another needless booking, both him and Defoe are completely brain dead sometimes! No question Defoe has been the better of the two, but neither of them are good enough and I can't for the life of me see why we can't upgrade on both of them.

Bale top class again.

Like 99% of this season the 3 points were due to moments of brilliance rather then playing well. Of course im overjoyed we held on for the win but its certainly not good for the heart.

Why do we sit back so much, we cant do it, weve never been able to do it, you wouldve thought AVB wouldve seen that by now..

By Howard Nurse BBC Sport at Old Trafford
Spurs looked to be in total control after first-half goals from Jan Vertonghen and Gareth Bale gave them a comfortable advantage at the break.
[B]But United, who were awful in the first period, hit back through Nani[/B]
before Clint Dempsey restored Tottenham's two-goal advantage.
Shinji Kagawa immediately struck again for United as they poured forward in a bid to maintain their long unbeaten run against Spurs.
United pressed hard with substitute Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick hitting the woodwork and they saw several appeals for a penalty waved away by referee Chris Foy.

Tottenham stunned the vast majority of the 75,566 crowd inside two minutes when they took the lead after a neat one-two between Vertonghen and Bale.
United backed off and Vertonghen burst into the penalty area and evaded a half-hearted Ferdinand challenge before striking a low shot which deflected into the net off Evans.
It was a lead Spurs deserved as they took the game to United who barely had a touch in the opening 10 minutes.
Tottenham looked assured and totally in control with Dempsey and Mousa Dembele dominating in the centre against a largely ineffective Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes.
With United struggling to make any impression inside the visitors' territory, Spurs doubled their lead with a fabulous goal which sliced a hole straight down the heart of the home defence.
Dembele broke from the halfway line and slipped the ball to Bale who ran on and ghosted through the United defence before hitting a cool finish past Anders Lindegaard.
With Wayne Rooney on for Giggs after the break, United predictably picked up their pace as they went in search of a goal and it was not long before the game took an incredible twist with three goals in just 139 seconds.
United broke through when Rooney crossed for Nani to fire home from six yards but Tottenham immediately restored their two-goal advantage when Bale's fierce shot was only half-saved by Lindegaard allowing Dempsey to tap in.
A fifth goal followed seconds later as United swept up field and Kagawa slotted in their second from Robin van Persie's slide-rule pass.
United continued to surge forward and Rooney was unlucky with a sweetly struck free-kick which crashed back off the woodwork before Van Persie had an effort which was correctly ruled offside.
[B]Tottenham had to dig deep into their defensive reserves as United, with Danny Welbeck on for Kagawa, pressed forward in search of an equaliser.
There were several penalty appeals, including what looked like a handball by Sandro, and a number of near misses as Michael Carrick's header glanced off the woodwork.[/B]
Tottenham took the sting out of United's forward runs and in the end they just about deserved their victory.

Yes - and I can selectively embolden too.

As I said, we played well in the first half and were incredibly lucky to hang on to the win after the break.

Last edited:
Fantastic result today. Never mind what the teams around us do, we look after ourselves, we'll be ok.

We never do things the easy way do we? Stating the obvious I know but we never change.

Amazing really how we are 3rd considering almost every team we play these days has better strikers than us, if you're not counting Bale as an out and out striker. Terrible finishing from Ade again today. And another needless booking, both him and Defoe are completely brain dead sometimes! No question Defoe has been the better of the two, but neither of them are good enough and I can't for the life of me see why we can't upgrade on both of them.

Bale top class again.

Plus 1.

And as I and the BBC guy said we deserved our win and were not lucky.

If you dont count numerous misses, two hit woodworks, a disallowed offside goal and several penalty appeals turned down lucky - I dont know what you would call lucky.

Whether we DESERVED it or not is another matter. The facts are that we had a HUGE amount of luck in that game.

I see Michu was doing a fine impression of Luis Suarez today. Diving, feigning injury, pushing, shoving, dissent and generally acting like a ****

Luck was on our side that day. Hence the reason we won.

Same as today - if the Swansea guy (? Routledge) had headed it in instead of against the underside of the crossbar from point blank range (and the rebound could easily have also gone in too) or if Michu's other header had found the other side of the post - we wouldnt have won.

Luck plays a significant part in the outcome of a lot of games.

Last edited:
Luck was on our side that day. Hence the reason we won.

If it happens often enough, can it be considered luck?

I don't believe so. More likely that the times we have sat back and lost the opposing team has been good enough on the day to score against us, and in reverse when we have won we have been good enough to stop the opposing team scoring against us.

There are two teams on the pitch remember.

Last edited:
Luck is a flimflam notion really. Ultimately Swansea should have done better with the chances they had, so they therefore deserved to lose

Nicely put. The best team won today. We weren't "unlucky" to lose at Liverpool- a couple of our players screwed up despite being the better team that day, also.

Back