• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Totteham vs Swansea - Season Recovery Edition

I stopped watching ten minutes before half time, my nerves couldn't take it any more, such was the importance of a win today. I popped a sedative and spent until now convincing myself that football is just a silly game and it didn't matter if we won or lost. I just checked the final scores on the BBC website with my heart racing at a 150 beats per minutes, and let out a double "Yes! Come on!" accompanied by a fist clench when I saw we'd won and Chelsea had lost.

Could I get a basic summary of how the rest of the game went? Were we hanging on or comfortable? Did we spurn chances to put it beyond doubt?

Since Wigan somehow managed a home win today we're now the only side in the league to have taken more away points than home points, 29-28.

Such a bitch but that Fulham "guaranteed three points" lost are painful. Would be supremely confident of top 4 had those losses to Pool and Fulham gone differently. Ahh fudge it no point dwelling on it

What would he need to do to be considered a striker?

Rossi22 said about us not having a striker. I said about Barcelona and Messi, a player comparable in style, although better than Bale. If Messi is considered a striker, then so is Bale, which means the whole point fails.

I think to question whether Messi is a striker would be to answer the question of what a striker is and to apply this answer to Messi. I'm using my iphone and have no time or inclination to write a post that consuming. If you want to tell me why Messi IS a striker though, feel free.

Such a bitch but that Fulham "guaranteed three points" lost are painful. Would be supremely confident of top 4 had those losses to Pool and Fulham gone differently. Ahh fudge it no point dwelling on it

And if we hadn't shipped the 2 goals against Everton, things would be different too. Instead, as with most teams we have dropped points in games that we shouldn't have. We just need to ensure that we pick up the required points between now and the end of the season in order to finish in 4th or above.

I stopped watching ten minutes before half time, my nerves couldn't take it any more, such was the importance of a win today. I popped a sedative and spent until now convincing myself that football is just a silly game and it didn't matter if we won or lost. I just checked the final scores on the BBC website with my heart racing at a 150 beats per minutes, and let out a double "Yes! Come on!" accompanied by a fist clench when I saw we'd won and Chelsea had lost.

Could I get a basic summary of how the rest of the game went? Were we hanging on or comfortable? Did we spurn chances to put it beyond doubt?

Picture of me should give you an idea :lol:

1methfacecopyrfjxf.jpg

Very good win after the pressure of the last 2 results.

Next weeks fixtures are going to be a real litmus test of where the 2 from 3 for the Champions League are going to come from. Our game is a toughy but we simply have to get 3 points knowing our next fixture is away against Chelsea.

WBA v Arsenal - You would expect arsenal to win but it could well end up a draw considering they have no margin for error.

Chelsea v Sunderland - Must be 3 points at home to Sunderland.

After the Everton game we will really know just how much work we have to do to get back into the Champions League.

I wish I had done the same! Does that answer your question?

if anything this game has convinced me that there is still a lot of work to be done on the team.
the least we could do is to avoid selling bale (and vertonghen). but looking at teams below us, there are so many options!

[video=dailymotion;xyltoy]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyltoy_bo-ng-ya-swansea-0-2-tottenham-21-bale_sport[/video]

[video=dailymotion;xyltlo]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyltlo_bo-ng-ya-swansea-0-1-tottenham-08-vertonghen_sport[/video]

Sorry Milo it is a tactic.

I would have normally agreed but its a) been a theme on a number of games and b) we stopped defending from the middle of the park and started defending at the back (if that makes sense) We were winning the ball in the middle with endeavour and energy and impetus as soon as second goal went in we just stopped defending from the front or even middle of the park.

Agree with this. It is a tactic and has cost us royally - Norwich H (and A in league cup), Liverpool A, Everton A, Wigan H - as well as several similar performances in the UEFA cup.

When will AVB learn and ditch this tactic.

Back