• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - SPURS vs Vitesse

I really like Dele but as Glasgowspur said he doesn`t seem to have a role. He hasn`t been the same since Eriksen left
Its not just dele though, what role was dele, glc and winks playing?

If this is tge team for cup competitions they should be working on these things but from winks forward we looked bereft of any kind of tactics.
I fear for gil and scarlet if this is the future.

If we don't bring in a striker in January it will be lunacy. Scarlett is miles away from being ready to step in.

Fair point. We were effectively playing without a CF, however Dele, Winks and Bergwijn didnt do anything of note. Gil and GLC were slightly better

Our 2nd choice is and always has been Son. It’s been that way from Poch, to Mourinho to Nuno. They have all used Son up front when Kane is not playing…..

Yeah I’m aware of that. But we should have a ‘2nd/back up’ choice for games like tonight. Can you imagine someone like Chris Wood being as ineffective as Scarlett tonight? I don’t expect a £30m striker but someone who can influence a game.

I didnt think he was great but he was 10x better than Dele

At least GLC had a few flashes such as the run which set up Gil's effort which hit the bar

Winks and Dele were anonymous throughout without even a single highlight of anything they did well

GLC has a part to play when one of the first choice 2 CMs aren’t available. He can step up with better around I’m sure.

The only positives:

- Tanganga I thought showed he was ready to come into the first 11
- Gil worked his nuts off and his the bar. He'll come good
- errrr GLC was ok in flashes though not consistently (some here clearly disagree)
- further clarity that we need a CF and Winks and Dele are finished at Spurs
- beat Rennes and Vitesse at home and we're fine

Yeah I’m aware of that. But we should have a ‘2nd/back up’ choice for games like tonight. Can you imagine someone like Chris Wood being as ineffective as Scarlett tonight? I don’t expect a £30m striker but someone who can influence a game.

Completely. Just a focal point who can brings others into the game. Would obviously like a decent player but an old fashioned type CF would be acceptable - Crouch, Chris Wood, Sean Long - anyone like that would be better than having to play a youth player

They reflect the attitude of the manager and his staff

Let's be fair the effort was there from most of the players. However, lack of a striker or goal threat (especially one which had some physical strength to deal with their defenders aerially if necessary) was what limited us.

At least we were generally solid at the back. However, Scarlett was out of his depth, Bergwijn not confident in his pace on one counter-attack early in the second half whilst Dele and Winks...well..

I wouldn't blame the management for this one given our schedule. The back 4 did their job, mostly.
I do wonder if the keeper could have done better with the goal though

If we don't bring in a striker in January it will be lunacy. Scarlett is miles away from being ready to step in.

The background work should be getting done from tomorrow morning so that come Jan 1st he is ready to be transferred, not the 31st

I don’t know why we would invest in a striker who is only going to play a handful of low level cup games - Europa League qualifiers, and league cup etc How often did Vinicius get used? And what level striker you reckon is going to come here for that role? In an ideal world sure, but it’s not going to happen…..

Back