• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - SPURS vs Vitesse

One of the big things for me is not having a quality focal point in attack. Clearly there is no attacking game plan for that set of players but the forward can always cause trouble and move the team up.

Leicester’s 3rd choice scored 4 last night. We don’t even have a 2nd choice.

If we don't bring in a striker in January it will be lunacy. Scarlett is miles away from being ready to step in.

Very dissapointed in GLC, looked like he was coming into form and was brilliant for Argentina by all accounts but that was weak. The sort of game he should be staking a claim and bossing, losing faith that we'll ever see the real GLC.

One of the big things for me is not having a quality focal point in attack. Clearly there is no attacking game plan for that set of players but the forward can always cause trouble and move the team up.

Leicester’s 3rd choice scored 4 last night. We don’t even have a 2nd choice.
Our 2nd choice is and always has been Son. It’s been that way from Poch, to Mourinho to Nuno. They have all used Son up front when Kane is not playing…..

Well I would consider myself one of Dele's biggest fans, but tonight he broken my heart, pathetic showing. The midfield trio were woeful with their 6/7 touches before passing or being caught in possession and 3 to 5 yard passes. Defence did ok without much help, thought Tanga was very good. Not an excuse for display but ref was terrible, 2 bookings for tackles with no contact and given what he was awarding fouls for missing a nailed on penalty when Scarlett almost had his shirt ripped off.

Very dissapointed in GLC, looked like he was coming into form and was brilliant for Argentina by all accounts but that was weak. The sort of game he should be staking a claim and bossing, losing faith that we'll ever see the real GLC.

Agree and he has to be seriously disciplined for that performance.

Whatever the maximum fine that is allowable in his contract and make it public too so the whole squad are aware.

He was absolutely pathetic and looked like he hadn’t slept for weeks.

Its been part of the Spurs problem for years we hang on to players far too long. And the amount of exciting prospects we have never seem to come through. We have no strength in depth at the moment

Come on fellas, it was our second team. And Vitesse are not just going to roll over. They will run their hearts out, it is not every day they get to play a big side from the PL. We played okay I thought, lacked some urgency and cutting edge up top. But a chance for players to get some minutes. Gill was the pick of the bunch maybe.
You are the guy booking a new cruise at the help disk in Titanic…

I really like Dele but as Glasgowspur said he doesn`t seem to have a role. He hasn`t been the same since Eriksen left

Vitesse really pressed and harried us, every time we received the ball 2 men were snapping into a tackle.

Whenever our player got the ball he had options of a rubbish little pass or a tackle... when they had the ball they could look up and choose what to do.

This indicates we were not pressing properly. Often our front 4 were semi-pressing but it was SOOOO easy for Vitesse to break through that press.

We must have been outnumbered, perhaps Vitesse had 13 players on the pitch (12 plus the ref).

Well at least our main team got a rest...We already know that Winks, Alli etc are subs for a reason...

Bergwijn though, jeez :eek:....i'll put blindman's goggle on and say he was rusty...

I really like Dele but as Glasgowspur said he doesn`t seem to have a role. He hasn`t been the same since Eriksen left

He started going downhill when Eriksen and Poch were here but people act like Jose broke him. He’s been going backwards for years with the occasional spell of 5-10 games where he looks like he’s getting back to his old self then goes back to being crap again.

Agree and he has to be seriously disciplined for that performance.

Whatever the maximum fine that is allowable in his contract and make it public too so the whole squad are aware.

He was absolutely pathetic and looked like he hadn’t slept for weeks.

I didnt think he was great but he was 10x better than Dele

At least GLC had a few flashes such as the run which set up Gil's effort which hit the bar

Winks and Dele were anonymous throughout without even a single highlight of anything they did well

But its a formation which they're used to, and most of these guys DO know each other and have played together and trained together a decent amount before. I can accept that with Gil and Scarlett there is some unfamiliarity in attack
Never ever works like that though

Back