• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v Dortmund

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's got nothing to do with it. That was a freak occurrence. PL teams CONSTANTLY have fewer days rest before CL/EL games than teams from Germany, Italy, Spain and France, because in those countries, the federation actually tries to HELP their teams, by i.e letting them play on a Friday if next game is Tuesday, or Saturday instead of Sunday when they play next Wednesday. FA/PL NEVER does that. THAT's the issue. Us playing cheatski on Wednesday was because of the idiotic League cup, a second (rate) domestic cup competition, which NO other top league has!

Us playing Chelsea last Wednesday was NOTHING to do with the league cup. That was part of a FULL midweek schedule that ALL PL teams played, it was NOT a re-arranged game. It helps to at least get facts right on this!

On the whole, yes the FA/PL don't go out of their way to help their teams in Europe; i think having league games on a Monday for those teams playing in the EL would certainly help them. However, the same clubs who veto making the leagues smaller cannot complain about 'too many games' as i've said.

When it comes to the crunch it's all about timing of these complaints: we had a ten day gap before playing Burnley because we got knocked out of the FA cup and we proceeded to play like absolute brick. Do we blame the LACK of games in those 10 days for that?
If we get knocked out tonight - after having a 3-0 lead - would you accept Poch/the club using the scheduling of our matches up to today as an excuse?

Lloris
Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies
Sissoko, Wanyama
Lamela, Eriksen, Lucas
Kane

Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Rose, Dier, Winks, Son, Llorente

Us playing Chelsea last Wednesday was NOTHING to do with the league cup. That was part of a FULL midweek schedule that ALL PL teams played, it was NOT a re-arranged game. It helps to at least get facts right on this!

On the whole, yes the FA/PL don't go out of their way to help their teams in Europe; i think having league games on a Monday for those teams playing in the EL would certainly help them. However, the same clubs who veto making the leagues smaller cannot complain about 'too many games' as i've said.

When it comes to the crunch it's all about timing of these complaints: we had a ten day gap before playing Burnley because we got knocked out of the FA cup and we proceeded to play like absolute brick. Do we blame the LACK of games in those 10 days for that?
If we get knocked out tonight - after having a 3-0 lead - would you accept Poch/the club using the scheduling of our matches up to today as an excuse?
It would not have needed to be a mid-week game if the stupid Carabao Cup, or whateverthefudge it's called, wasn't there! Try thinking just a little bit beyond the nose.

It would not have needed to be a mid-week game if the stupid Carabao Cup, or whateverthefudge it's called, wasn't there! Try thinking just a little bit beyond the nose.

Goodness me; do you not get it? We played LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE in that midweek, it had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the Carabao cup. There was A FULL-SET of midweek fixtures for EVERY PL team when we played Chelsea, pre-scheduled from the very start of the season.
If you want to talk about the PL as a whole over the season then fine, but as i say whenever clubs are given the option of REDUCING the number of PL teams so there are a REDUCED number of PL games and less need to schedule such full midweek set of fixtures they veto it - nothing whatsoever to do with having less revenue of course...

As i say, if we lost and went out tonight after having a 3-0 lead, would you or anyone accept that as an excuse?

Goodness me; do you not get it? We played LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE in that midweek, it had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the Carabao cup. There was A FULL-SET of midweek fixtures for EVERY PL team when we played Chelsea, pre-scheduled from the very start of the season.
If you want to talk about the PL as a whole over the season then fine, but as i say whenever clubs are given the option of REDUCING the number of PL teams so there are a REDUCED number of PL games and less need to schedule such full midweek set of fixtures they veto it - nothing whatsoever to do with having less revenue of course...

As i say, if we lost and went out tonight after having a 3-0 lead, would you or anyone accept that as an excuse?

If Im understanding his point, the games were midweek because the cup was at the weekend. No cup = no midweek game.

Though I should have course be mistaken.

If we go out tonight a day less preparation will be a factor. It will play a part in it. But of course will not be the sole reason - same as any other match, how many are lost due to just one thing?

If Im understanding his point, the games were midweek because the cup was at the weekend. No cup = no midweek game.

Though I should have course be mistaken.

If we go out tonight a day less preparation will be a factor. It will play a part in it. But of course will not be the sole reason - same as any other match, how many are lost due to just one thing?

No, the midweek fixtures have been in the calendar for ALL PL clubs since the fixtures were released. Like the gameweek we played Southampton after the last NLD. In the last GHod knows how many years, there have been at least 3/4 full midweek fixtures scheduled into the full PL calendar. Now there may be an issue about how many midweek full fixtures PL clubs should play, which again maybe goes back to how long our season lasts and whether we should have a reduced number of teams, but we didn't have that gameweek purely because of there being the Carabao cup final taking place the weekend before. All were pre-scheduled for everyone.

There was a full set of EPL fixtures on the Caraboa Cup final week-end (23/24 Feb) as well (us vs Burnley) for everyone apart from the 2 finalists and their opponents so this idea that the mid-week games were linked to that is simply a non-starter as far as I can see.

If we go out tonight it is because we don't have a 'winning mentality', we are 'perennial bottlers' and because we can't protect a 3 goal cushion. The 24 hours isn't the major issue in that just as the wind, the snow, the sarcastic ball boy and the long grass weren't the real reasons Liverpool keep coming up slightly short in recent games either.

Trudging across the tundra, mile after mile, in my lead-filled snowshoes, through the cold, dark winter of Her Majesty's Timbered Dominion.

Would love to watch the game today, but money, Russian media oligarchs, Husky wee-wee and fcuk-witted UEFA nabobs have conspired to rob us folk of the forests of an affordable view.

Anyone with advice on how to 'go with a flow', kindly PM this suffering soul.

There was a full set of EPL fixtures on the Caraboa Cup final week-end (23/24 Feb) as well (us vs Burnley) for everyone apart from the 2 finalists and their opponents so this idea that the mid-week games were linked to that is simply a non-starter as far as I can see.

If we go out tonight it is because we don't have a 'winning meteorology', we are 'perennial bottlers' and because we can't protect a 3 goal cushion. The 24 hours isn't the major issue in that just as the wind, the snow, the sarcastic ball boy and the long grass weren't the real reasons Liverpool keep coming up slightly short in recent games either.

Thank you - some sense at last

I do hope that's what you think it'll be and not what you want it to be!!??

Wanyama - NO!
Sanchez over Toby? - NO!!
Davies over Rose? - NO!!!
No Son?? - NO NO NO!!!

Yeah i think it wont be that too...however @AjaxDeSuperYids was almost spot on with the line-up i think recently, perhaps the Chelsea match:eek:

I hope we start a strong team and then make subs if it looks like things are going totally our way by the 60/65 min mark.

I'd start with strong with a back 3 again and this line-up, depending on who is fit:

LLoris
Alderwiereld Sanchez Vertonghen
Aurier Dier Sissoko Davies
Moura Eriksen
Kane

Son looks shattered/devoid of confidence and i think he'd be a good sub to bring on later if we need a goal or simply to replace Lucas...i assume Dier was left out of the NLD for this one...

I do hope that's what you think it'll be and not what you want it to be!!??

Wanyama - NO!
Sanchez over Toby? - NO!!
Davies over Rose? - NO!!!
No Son?? - NO NO NO!!!

Its what I would do.

Winks and Dier are only fit enough for the bench.

Toby can sit this one out imo.

Rose played 90 mins the other day so in comes Davies

Son can also sit this one out but can come on for Eriksen with 25 mins left and Llorente can replace Kane with 15 mins to go.

As long as its all plain sailing of course.

We also have a monster game at the weekend remember. If we dont win at Soton it would be an absolute disaster and we can kiss goodbye to getting back in the CL for next season.

Its what I would do.

Winks and Dier are only fit enough for the bench.

Toby can sit this one out imo. - Based on?? He's arguably been our best defender in last few league games. Sanchez isn't exactly pulling up trees right now and looked poor against Gooners. Not saying drop him, but I'd go for back three.

Rose played 90 mins the other day so in comes Davies - yep, sadly that seems to be the way these days. At least with us not having an emphasis on attack I can legislate for BD not going past half way line with any effect.

Son can also sit this one out but can come on for Eriksen with 25 mins left and Llorente can replace Kane with 15 mins to go.

As long as its all plain sailing of course.

We also have a monster game at the weekend remember. If we dont win at Soton it would be an absolute disaster and we can kiss goodbye to getting back in the CL for next season.

Worth remembering the players Dortmund have back tonight that were missing last leg. Reus and Alcacer are huge attacking threats that they really missed at Wembley. I wouldn't be confident of a back 4 dealing with them as well as Sancho and Goetze. I'd prefer a back 5 if Aurier and Davies are playing.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ttino-tottenham-disadvantage-champions-league

Poch on the difference in prep time for the game. And he has a point. The Prem and FA do not allow any English clubs to have the best preparation for European games.

No he doesn't. Chelsea had 24 hours less than us last Wednesday - and most of their players had had 120 minutes PLUS the disappointment of losing on penalties. Yet they outplayed us from yptge first to last minute.

Furthermore, the last time we had considerably more rest than our opponent was against Burnley - and that went really well didn't it!

Can't understand the motivation of Poch making this such an issue before the game. Serves no purpose but to offer the players an excuse. Absolute madness from Poch if you ask me - or does anyone have a rational reason for him making such a fuss about this at this time just before a vital game?

No he doesn't. Chelsea had 24 hours less than us last Wednesday - and most of their players had had 120 minutes PLUS the disappointment of losing on penalties. Yet they outplayed us from yptge first to last minute.

Furthermore, the last time we had considerably more rest than our opponent was against Burnley - and that went really well didn't it!

Can't understand the motivation of Poch making this such an issue before the game. Serves no purpose but to offer the players an excuse. Absolute madness from Poch if you ask me - or does anyone have a rational reason for him making such a fuss about this at this time just before a vital game?

That's a good point re Chelsea having a DAY LESS than us AND having to play 120 mins as well!! I wonder how people howling about us having 24 hrs less than Dortmund explain that one :D

Yet they outplayed us from yptge first to last minute.

tenor.gif

Back