• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v Dortmund

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tenor.gif

Not a single shot on target all game. First time ever under Poch iirc. I think our xG was less than 1. We were poor - and against a team who should have been shattered and demoralised after 120 minutes , a loss on penalties AND an days less recovery time.

I call it like it was. No rose tinted from me.

Not a single shot on target all game. First time ever under Poch iirc. I think our xG was less than 1. We were poor - and against a team who should have been shattered and demoralised after 120 minutes , a loss on penalties AND an days less recovery time.

It most certainly wasnt a case of them outplaying us for 90+ minutes, so you might want to give your glasses a wipe (whatever tint they have).

Just to clarify our xG was actually greater than Chelski's:eek:

But yeah, i agree with your overall point. If Chelsea had lost that game they'd have a had a bit more excuse than we did for playing as limply like we did, never mind losing..

Thank you - some sense at last
OK, gonna try to make you understand. If you take away ALL the carabao cup games, does that free up the schedule a bit? Perhaps you might fit in league games at some of those days, so you don't have fixture congestion around European dates, which are known years in advance.
Are you now able to see the logic? No other league has two cup competitions. It's just ridiculous and unnecessary.

OK, gonna try to make you understand. If you take away ALL the carabao cup games, does that free up the schedule a bit? Perhaps you might fit in league games at some of those days, so you don't have fixture congestion around European dates, which are known years in advance.
Are you now able to see the logic? No other league has two cup competitions. It's just ridiculous and unnecessary.

As i said before, there may be an issue over the season as a whole, regarding scheduling. I absolutely see that England teams play more games generally.
But again, shall we then ask why 10 days off before the Burnley game didn't stop us losing meekly? Also, why did we play so meekly vs Chelsea when they had a day LESS to prepare than us AND had to play Emirates Marketing Project in a cup final for 120 minutes??
Only thing i will add on this topic at this stage is: not even Klopp has complained about it...yet...

No fudging about. Think Eriksen could use a break here, but otherwise I think we need a lot of legs in this team. Bring on Lamela and Eriksen if we need a goal, but we need pace on the counter attack.

------------Lloris------
------TBA--Foyth--JVT
Aurier-Sissoko-Winks-Davies-
---Lucas---Kane----Son

Do you think it would put us in a worse or better position, if we had the same amount of rest as the opposition?

A red herring. See Chelsea game. See Burnley game. Teams rarely get exactly the same rest between games.

Just to clarify our xG was actually greater than Chelski's:eek:

But yeah, i agree with your overall point. If Chelsea had lost that game they'd have a had a bit more excuse than we did for playing as limply like we did, never mind losing..

They had 11 attempts on goal, one on target and 1 goal (excluding the og). We had a magnificent 9 shots and none on target. They were poor. We were poorer. The key point is, they had an excuse ( in Poch terms) and we didn't.

Last edited:
Ffs is there no end to our excuses? :D

As it goes, France also has two domestic cup competitions I believe and seeing as the Carabao cup is almost over before the FA cup even begins and is played almost exclusively on weekdays, I can't see how that influenced the entire league playing a midweek fixture, especially as other leagues...also have midweek fixtures sometimes.

As others have pointed out, we also faced Chelsea having played 30 minutes less than them, a day earlier than them, not just lost a final, not just had our keeper embarrass the manager in public and still pretty meekly lost.

I agree with Poch's overall point, I don't think this week has anything to do with it whatsoever. As it is, I believe Dortmund played about 12 hours before we did anyway (and lost, to a team near the bottle of the table). So...great for them?

Last edited:
The last 3 games have been difficult because all 3 teams have been compact and gifted goals despite them not dominating us. If we don’t brick ourselves when Dortmund come flying out of the block there should be opportunities for Moura and or Son as they could find themselves in one on one situations against a high line.
I’d imagine Rose will be rested, I can’t see any case for trippier being in the squad and as much as I’d like KWP to get a start I think it will be Aurier. Experienced heads at centre back, Sissoko +1 depending on who’s the least injured.
A rest for Eriksen wouldn’t do him any harm, maybe being home on as the game opens up to give him a chance to get his mojo back.
I don’t know why but I have a weird feeling he might go Llorente and Kane. I hope I’m wrong about that. Along with qualifying it would be good to see Wanyama, Dier and Winks involved at different points to give us an opportunity to mix up CM for the next few games

If we lose tonight do you think it will because we played a whole 24 hours later than Dortmund?
If someone has an injury that would not have occurred with an extra 24 hours of rest (something we will never FULLY know, but could guess if we had access to the team medical info and had medical knowledge), then yes.

Last edited:
Back