• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v Dortmund

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gentlemen. Jings. No need to get heavy.

If Dier didn't make any serious mistakes, he definitely showed a little rust from being out of action a while. Nothing serious. Nothing to get rankled about either.

AKA “A vital foul to break up play and stop the attacker driving in to our box.”

The least danger in that situation was a free kick rather than a break 25/30 yards out where their midfield had got the wrong side ours.
Ha! This. I found myself screaming "just fudging kick him" again and again during that first 20 minutes. I'm usually more of a purist.

Why? Manure is an easy draw for us.

I kind of fancied us for last year’s semi against them but then the game happened and they were the better team and we were overawed. Could see the same thing happening, especially if we are at Wembley. I don’t think we do well in these matches against big teams in the later rounds of cups.

AKA “A vital foul to break up play and stop the attacker driving in to our box.”

The least danger in that situation was a free kick rather than a break 25/30 yards out where their midfield had got the wrong side ours.

I.e. where Dier had let his opponent get goalside of him! Staying goalside would have been better than both of the options you mention.

Still, was a minor thing - I enjoyed seeing him back.

I.e. where Dier had let his opponent get goalside of him! Staying goalside would have been better than both of the options you mention.

Still, was a minor thing - I enjoyed seeing him back.
Yea I wondered who’d pick up on that!;) He gambled on getting in front of the player but couldn’t make it, so once he was rolled he didn’t hesitate in taking the player out. Fernandinho has made a career out of it.

I kind of fancied us for last year’s semi against them but then the game happened and they were the better team and we were overawed. Could see the same thing happening, especially if we are at Wembley. I don’t think we do well in these matches against big teams in the later rounds of cups.
We're in the QFs of the CL. No small teams left.

Back