• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Palace***

No matter how good we have become I still think we are capable of Spur$y moments.

So we beat Real Madrid, the great champion's of Europe, on the Wednesday and lose against PL rock bottom side Crystal Palace 4 days later

Yeah sounds about right :rolleyes: :)

After the historic win over Real Madrid in the CL, we need to bring the winning momentum back to the league. Remember, we had lost to West Ham in the League Cup and ManU in the league before the Real match. So we badly need to win this match to get back to winning ways in the league. This is another London derby against Palace, so it won't be easy. Our matches against Palace have always been very tight with not many goals scored in recent years. We won 1-0 home and away in the league last season but lost 0-1 at home to Palace in the FA Cup the season before. After the lesson learned from the West Ham defeat, we cannot get complacent and need to take Palace seriously if we want to beat them.

Kane was not at his best against Real after being out injured. Hope he will be back to his best in this match. Surprisingly Kane failed to score against Palace home or away last season. Want to see him scoring again in this match. Alli did really well to score 2 goals against Real. Hope he will continue his goal scoring in this match. Llorente has not been convincing since he joined us. If he gets to play a part, he needs to step up his game to get a goal. Also want to see Son playing a part and getting a goal or two as well.

Our midfield have been affected by injury problems to Dembele and Wanyama this season. It was nice to see Dembele coming back against Real. Too bad Wanyama is still injured. After scoring against Real, hope Eriksen will be hungry to get more goals for us, especially from freekicks. Winks impressed against Real. He needs to continue his progress to become a regular for us. Sissoko didn't have much impact against Real. But he needs to be given more time to continue his recent progress. I think Sissoko needs to improve his finishing touch if he wants to become our new goal machine.

Our defence did really well to stop Real Madrid. But we are going to miss Alderweireld if he is still out injured. Dier did well against Real but he is too error-prone to be a regular defender. Vertonghen and Sanchez need to be at their best to make up for the injured Alderweireld. If Lloris is not fit to start this match, Vorm needs to make use of this chance to improve his image after the humiliating defeat to West Ham. With due respect to Palace, it will be disappointing if we don't keep the clean sheet against a bottom club like them.

We have traditionally struggled immediately after getting a big win. After beating the European and World Club Champions Real Madrid, it will be embarassing if we don't beat Palace who are bottom of the PL. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Palace and stay in the title race.

Everybody dance now!

No doubt we will be coming into this match still thinking about the brilliant win over Real Madrid. Let's hope we will be high in confidence and not get complacent against Palace. Can see this being another tight match like the Burnley and Swansea matches we have played at Wembley. We need to get an early goal to settle us down and go for more goals to kill the match. Hope we will do enough to get all the 3 points to put pressure on the teams above us in the league.

After the historic win over Real Madrid in the CL, we need to bring the winning momentum back to the league. Remember, we had lost to West Ham in the League Cup and ManU in the league before the Real match. So we badly need to win this match to get back to winning ways in the league. This is another London derby against Palace, so it won't be easy. Our matches against Palace have always been very tight with not many goals scored in recent years. We won 1-0 home and away in the league last season but lost 0-1 at home to Palace in the FA Cup the season before. After the lesson learned from the West Ham defeat, we cannot get complacent and need to take Palace seriously if we want to beat them.

Kane was not at his best against Real after being out injured. Hope he will be back to his best in this match. Surprisingly Kane failed to score against Palace home or away last season. Want to see him scoring again in this match. Alli did really well to score 2 goals against Real. Hope he will continue his goal scoring in this match. Llorente has not been convincing since he joined us. If he gets to play a part, he needs to step up his game to get a goal. Also want to see Son playing a part and getting a goal or two as well.

Our midfield have been affected by injury problems to Dembele and Wanyama this season. It was nice to see Dembele coming back against Real. Too bad Wanyama is still injured. After scoring against Real, hope Eriksen will be hungry to get more goals for us, especially from freekicks. Winks impressed against Real. He needs to continue his progress to become a regular for us. Sissoko didn't have much impact against Real. But he needs to be given more time to continue his recent progress. I think Sissoko needs to improve his finishing touch if he wants to become our new goal machine.

Our defence did really well to stop Real Madrid. But we are going to miss Alderweireld if he is still out injured. Dier did well against Real but he is too error-prone to be a regular defender. Vertonghen and Sanchez need to be at their best to make up for the injured Alderweireld. If Lloris is not fit to start this match, Vorm needs to make use of this chance to improve his image after the humiliating defeat to West Ham. With due respect to Palace, it will be disappointing if we don't keep the clean sheet against a bottom club like them.

We have traditionally struggled immediately after getting a big win. After beating the European and World Club Champions Real Madrid, it will be embarassing if we don't beat Palace who are bottom of the PL. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Palace and stay in the title race.

He was tormenting them. There's a highlight vid somewhere showing how he bullied their defence and set up several great chances for us. Only thing missing was goals, but we had Dele and Eriksen for that. 8/10 performance from Kane IMO.

That said, I agree about your sentiment. The Real win is history now, and we have to make sure we get the three points today. It's a banana skin I prefer we don't step on.

I agree with Robbo - although Kane didn't score against Real he had a good game IMO. He bullied the hell out of their back line and I thought their defenders were genuinely worried when he got the ball.

I think Poch was bang on in his press conference - this game will be won or lost (or drawn lol) due to the teams' mentality. If we go out there and start slow and/or look unfocused then we might end up making hard work of it (a la Swansea). However, if we start zipping the ball around at a good tempo and go at them from the off I reckon we could tear Palace a new one!!

I'm going for a 3-0 Spurs win.

Reading through the thread I see people wanting to rest players and taking the game lightly.

It's a London derby at Wembley against a team scraping for their lives.

I'd take 1-0.

There are several rumors on Twitter saying Dele was injured in training, and is out for a few weeks. Apparently a hamstring injury.

Reading through the thread I see people wanting to rest players and taking the game lightly.

It's a London derby at Wembley against a team scraping for their lives.

I'd take 1-0.

Go for the jugular before the break. That would not suggest a 1-0.

I think we are well capable of getting a decent number of goals

There are several rumors on Twitter saying Dele was injured in training, and is out for a few weeks. Apparently a hamstring injury.

Wouldnt surprise me. It seems our run of bad luck with injuries is escalating this season. Lamela's return seems to be an eternity

Back