• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Emirates Marketing Project

Winks must start each week. Looks to play quickly . Carry’s the ball quickly. Our midfield looks devoid of ideas when he does not play.slow sideways and backwards

He’s so clever and positive on the ball. He’s ready to take over from Dembele who should now be no more than a bit part player. It’s just Winks’ fitness that’s the worry.

Best performance I've seen from us in terms of actually looking up for it.

Saying that though, back line apart from Sanchez were poor, and Harold looks like he's got lead in his boots. Trippier though......

Emirates Marketing Project didn't play that well, had a lot of good chances to bury us, didn't take most of them. We had too many players who did nothing/played like qunts. As usual, we choke in the moments that matter (Trippier and Lamela the ones this time). Nice work Trippier, as a defender, just what you want is for him to take unnecessary risks in the first 7 minutes of the game against one of the best teams in the world and against one of the best direct opponents he'll face all season. Thick qunt, no other words for it.

Dier and Dembele, we might as well have had 2 training cones in centre midfield.

City are much better than us, but they didn't play well tonight and they didn't have to, that's what has thoroughly phucked me off.

Very even game, signs tonight and against psv that our form is coming back.
Good game from Sanchez, lamela and Sissoko.
Winks though was our MOTM, class.
Dele looked good as well when he came on
Moose is done, should move in January or he won't get a move even to China.
The amount of fouls they commit and get away with is amazing.

Frustrating. We did ok against a top CL team.

Small margins and all that...cut out the mistakes in defense (or make less) and be more clinical in attack. Story of our season.

It's so predictable that we would let in that early goal and fail to take our chances. Had we been clinical, we could've won this FFS.

For me it's these three things we need to avoid:
- Early goal from a mistake.
- Big, big chances missed.
- Subs brought on too late.

We look so much better with Winks, Alli and Eriksen on too - that trio will make us a better team obviously. Dembele doesn’t look his old self, and Moura could do with a rest too.

I think this should be the first eleven now (sorey Sissoko):

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Toby - Davies
Dier - Winks
Lamela - Eriksen - Dele
Kane

A draw would have been fair. Lamela's miss was really painful. Winks the best of the subs, which is not necessarily a good thing. Good to see Walker look marginally worse than Trippier on a bad evening for full backs.
Worse in every department except gifting a goal to the team he's playing against.

Well, it was much better than the performances agsinst City last season. Just a shame we didn't get the point I think we just about deserved.

I think the time might have come for Winks to take Dembele's place now. Easy to say after such a good cameo from Winks, but he is the future and I think we've seen the best of Dembele.

considering the players missing that was better than I expected. Kane and Lamela’s chances and Trippiers mistake the difference. Ok maybe Aguero and Silva should have done better too!

Positives: Winks and Alli looked sharp, Sissoko did well.
Negatives: full backs for the first hour, Hugo looking shaky and Dembele is done.

Wish we showed better intensity in the first half. Might have got something. Oh well. We was always going to lose that. We just aren't very good.

Kane lumbering and clearly not up to speed. Toby declining rapidly. Dembele statuesque. Dier poor again. Trips can’t defend against pace. Eriksen’s crossing dire. Moura ineffective. Poch too late with subs - yet again.

Only pluses. Lamela ( apart from glaring miss) Sissoko’s workrate, Sanchez strong, Winks and Dele lively off the bench.

what is it about these tight games though ? We cannot seem to hang on to, or grab a draw and hold it ! It's just a loss, every, single, time

if we cannot win, we MUST not lose

Emirates Marketing Project didn't play that well, had a lot of good chances to bury us, didn't take most of them. We had too many players who did nothing/played like qunts. As usual, we choke in the moments that matter (Trippier and Lamela the ones this time). Nice work Trippier, as a defender, just what you want is for him to take unnecessary risks in the first 7 minutes of the game against one of the best teams in the world and against one of the best direct opponents he'll face all season. Thick qunt, no other words for it.

Dier and Dembele, we might as well have had 2 training cones in centre midfield.

City are much better than us, but they didn't play well tonight and they didn't have to, that's what has thoroughly phucked me off.

Bit harsh. You do have a point, City can play better but thought we did well. Trippier is a poor defender. I’d rather Aurier. Lamela, id have banked on him scoring every time.

Back