• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Everton vs Mighty Spurs

Regarding Sissoko. At least he was involved a lot. A fair few times he opened them up a little with some running. Did some decent 1-2's with Trippier. Could and should have scored. Its certainly a lot more than he has done in a lot of games.

Trippier was good, Davies i was get frustrated with as he had all the spare space and could not get a cross in, but he got better.

Alli was in a rare mood. Tried to be over the top with that finish, drifted around. Got annoyed at not getting the ball.

Overall a very dominating game. The back three our immense. And It seems like Sanchez has the real pace to deal with the runners. Whilst Toby and Jan can push forward hit passes and get more involved with Dier to cover. Kane missed some more
sitters which is very unlike him.

agree with the defence of sissoko, he's being graded on a curve, if wanyama plays that game there won't be any complaints

focus is on what he's done on the ball (which could be better for sure) but to ignore the work he does off the ball is unfair, running around a lot is the first thing Poch looks for

Great to score three away and get the win. I thought we looked quite slow in the beginning of the match, and it didn't look like we were up to much. Thankfully that changed. Was a complete walk in the park after we first scored. No point blaming Sissoko for anything today, he wasn't all bad today, and I'm glad he's getting support from our lads in the stands (but his ball control is ... well, not the best). Eriksen was ace again, and I thought Alli looked sharper today than in a while as well. Not sure why we didn't put Llorente on at the end and just pumped crosses into him, we would've scored a few against that Everton defense - they were atrocious.

Great win, lovely to get Kane going, and sweet to see Sanchez make his full debut! :D Probably wise to rest Aurier for a bit, although I'd love to see him come on.

He did better than a lot of our other players today who don't have to live up to nearly the same standards. Sissoko needs to have a 10/10 game before anyone would praise him. A 7/10 means anything that wasn't perfect gets amplified and that just isn't fair. Have no idea why this happens.

He obviously started today because Poch trusts him and sees him as valuable. If he was as terrible as everyone thinks he would have been booted with the Stamboulis of this world.
Maybe 10 years ago, OK would have been enough.

He's in a team with Kane, Alli and Eriksen, with Dembele/Winks or Son/Lamela who could replace him when fit. OK isn't enough - he has to be outstanding.

It's worse for Sissoko because he has to play at the top of his ability just to keep up with a meh game by the standards of those other players.

As for the suggestion that he has to be good because Poch picks him, good managers make mistakes all the time. Maybe now that we're unable to get rid of him, Poch is trying to make the best of him he can. Problem is though, Sissoko was poor at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, I've seen him have one good game for France, and at his best for us he's been mediocre.

As for the suggestion that he has to be good because Poch picks him, good managers make mistakes all the time. Maybe now that we're unable to get rid of him, Poch is trying to make the best of him he can. Problem is though, Sissoko was poor at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, I've seen him have one good game for France, and at his best for us he's been mediocre.

It's also possible that he is doing well in training and following instructions when he plays.

I would agree that he is a player with limitations but he also has strengths and could be an asset if we can get him playing to them.

He's in a team with Kane, Alli and Eriksen, with Dembele/Winks or Son/Lamela who could replace him when fit. OK isn't enough - he has to be outstanding.

It's worse for Sissoko because he has to play at the top of his ability just to keep up with a meh game by the standards of those other players.

Yes coaches make mistakes in terms of a tactical substitution etc, they don't continuously pick a player who offers nothing which is what is being alluded to on this forum especially when we have other quality options. Sissoko wasn't picked by Poch for long periods last season, so now he's giving him more game time he obviously feels he's improved enough to earn the right to be in the team.....

Reactions: DTA
I listened to the game on the radio (was at work). Great result, sounded like we played well.

They said Sanchez was in the middle of the back 3, is that correct? I thought he might play in the centre, so his pace could cover both sides. Poch also pushed Toby out to the right of a back 3 when we changed formation v Burnley, so i guessed that it might be Sanchez would slot in the middle. The people on the radio might have said it wrong though, so have to wait 'til I see highlights.

Two games in a row now that Sissoko has played centre midfield. Quite a lot of us on here thought he would/could play there when we signed him. There and right-wing back seems the most appropriate positions for him in our squad, imo. I thought he played well against Burnley too.

Harry off and running, a 0-3 away win is a great result. Just what we needed. COYS!

Sissoko still looks lost in the final third and slows up play but he is a fantastic athlete and got into some great positions helping to dominate Everton so I hope more games will make him provide a better final ball, he Could be great for us (maybe)?

Sissoko still looks lost in the final third and slows up play but he is a fantastic athlete and got into some great positions helping to dominate Everton so I hope more games will make him provide a better final ball, he Could be great for us (maybe)?

Was willing for him to score. Really want to see if that is the kick=start he needs

Think the key is to keep him away from the final third, still prefer Wanamaya but Sissoko is a player that will run down the opposition. So if he can do what the manager tells him then maybe he can be a squad player.

WOW!! I didnt expect this result and the performance. Kudos to EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE TEAM!! EVERY SINGLE ONE!! Everton had no clue!!

WOW!! I didnt expect this result and the performance. Kudos to EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE TEAM!! EVERY SINGLE ONE!! Everton had no clue!!

I did

Said it many times but Everton have sold their most influential player and replaced him with some real unproven players yet not one who did what he did... score goals and occupy defences

The result was about par for me as we're that good and far ahead of them

We should be joint top of the league IMO

I did

Said it many times but Everton have sold their most influential player and replaced him with some real unproven players yet not one who did what he did... score goals and occupy defences

The result was about par for me as we're that good and far ahead of them

We should be joint top of the league IMO

Indeed. Annoyingly those late goals have cost us that chance. Such a shame really as we had become the team that scored late goals of late. Really need to get 2 home wins now to eradciate this Wembley sh#t and we will be flying again

He played no worse than most other players today. I don't really get why he needs to play an exceptional game to escape the over the top criticism. Just fundamentally not fair or helpful.

Him getting a chant today probably made him feel happier, settled, comfortable at the club. We can help. And creating this weird negative atmosphere around him just isn't helpful. I get it, he wasn't great last season. When he came on against Monaco or Leverkusen he was absolutely GHod awful. But let's look at him objectively - he was good today and fitted in well with a team that also got a great result at a hard ground.

Back