• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

That video was pretty awesome.

Trixter: looks like your wishes have come true for Elite: Dangerous, because it's now funded and has a little over a day left. Seems like a fun game, so I might contribute sometime tonight.

Aye saw yesterday, such good news and really looking forward to how they implement everything.

Just bought Hitman Absolution, fck me purist difficulty is hard! Never played a Hitman game before so i guess that could be playing a part. I always like to complete games on the most difficult level right from the start but i think i have met my match with this, goes against every fibre of my being but i may have to notch it down a level!

Im having issues with Hitman on my PC at the mo. Keeps crashing. So I restarted RAGE again but on Nightmare mode... Pretty hard but im midway through. The new DLC has added an Ultra Nightmare mode or something like that, so dread to think how hard that is.

I also had a go on Max Payne 3 the other day too. Really enjoyed it although my only worry is itll be way too short, played 40mins and was on chapter 3 already. But some nice shooting mechanics and the old bullet time is back. Love it so far

Finished FC3 at the weekend, can't say I enjoyed it as much as you Edgey.

The gunplay was good and it was very pretty, but it was all fairly repetitive (maybe FPS always are) and the last third (the 2nd island) was a pretty big anti-climax from the first imo.

Brody and his mates were also all massive ****s who deserve to die, which I suppose was the point, but you didn't get the point if you chose one of the endings? Seems odd they gave you a choice, if they wanted to make a point.

Not sure I'll keep going to collect all the stuff and that, can't really be arsed and I got all 3 Uncharted games to play.

1_1357511562.jpg

2_1357511634.jpg

3_1357511685.jpg

4_1357511745.jpg

5_1357511794.jpg

I hope you can change the way the character looks in the new GTA. You could do it on SA and i tihnk 1 of the best features of saints row is all the shops and clothes you can buy. Just hate the look of most of the default characters.

On another note i have just opened and started playing Hitman and i am really enjoying it.

Cannot wait for GTA, always been my favourite games and by these trailers and screenshots this could well be the best one yet

The gunplay was good and it was very pretty, but it was all fairly repetitive (maybe FPS always are) and the last third (the 2nd island) was a pretty big anti-climax from the first imo.

Brody and his mates were also all massive ****s who deserve to die, which I suppose was the point, but you didn't get the point if you chose one of the endings? Seems odd they gave you a choice, if they wanted to make a point.

Not sure I'll keep going to collect all the stuff and that, can't really be arsed and I got all 3 Uncharted games to play.

Must admit I'm also find it very repetitive, but keep going back in the hope something 'big' will happen.

Fair comments mate. Must admit it is quite repetative but then, as you say, its fairly common in an FPS these days.

I didnt bother goin back after completing story either as I got too many games to get through. I chose the "right" ending and watched the other ending on youtube as i werent gonna go play through again.
Think for me what I enjoyed so much was the gunplay and the stealth. Loved some of the takedowns you unlock later in the game

The stealth and line of sight stuff was handled well I agree, would've been nice if there was a little more variation on the tasks it got you to do though. Decent game though, don't regret buying it.

Uncharted now, bit more of a slugfest than I was expecting.

The stealth and line of sight stuff was handled well I agree, would've been nice if there was a little more variation on the tasks it got you to do though. Decent game though, don't regret buying it.

Uncharted now, bit more of a slugfest than I was expecting.

Great games. Gutted theyll never make it on the PC as I still havent played the 3rd one.

Really enjoying Max Payne 3 at the mo... Dunno why I overlooked this game on release coz its one of the best all action shooters Ive played for a long while. Really detailed, very gruesome and some extremely cool use of bullet time (my favourite is when you kill the last guy in the room it instantly goes into bullet time with various angles of your bullet finding its target... But you can also keep shooting! Hugely satisfying). Has a very cinematic, hollywood action flick feel to it and is narrated by the uber cool Max Payne as you play, just like the originals. Not to mension on the PC its one of the more visually stunning games out there with alot of attention to detail, what you expect from Rockstar tho.
Tempted to play through again once Ive finished (which Im very close to doing) if only to collect all the Golden guns on each level. Im guessing these can be used in multiplayer?

Full of immersion-breaking moments, though. There was one time (the airport mission, to be precise) where I bullet-time jumped sideways. It was an awesome moment; bullet trails forming elegant little lines all around me, 'TEARS' blaring over my speakers, dudes in the distance falling over so slowly as my dual pistols hit home.....then I hit a wall and slid to the ground, being pumped full of holes as time instantly accelerated back to normal. :)

The Nvidia Shield looks impressive, but I guess you still need a pretty major PC parked somewhere to do a lot of the leg work (at least in terms of gaming).

The Steam/Xi3 Piston thing looks very cool.

Full of immersion-breaking moments, though. There was one time (the airport mission, to be precise) where I bullet-time jumped sideways. It was an awesome moment; bullet trails forming elegant little lines all around me, 'TEARS' blaring over my speakers, dudes in the distance falling over so slowly as my dual pistols hit home.....then I hit a wall and slid to the ground, being pumped full of holes as time instantly accelerated back to normal. :)

Must admit I dont use the dive very often. Infact not often enough. But I love pumpin holes in a terrorists face in slo-mo so that its unrecogniseable... Sadistic? A little.

As for this Nvidia gadget, even my own high end PC aint enough to stream WiFi games on it. Seems a very small market to aim for. I would need to spend around 250-300 notes on a new Graphics card for it to work. Will only work with the Nvidia 600 series and I gotta 570.
Without the ability to stream tho its basically an Android device isnt it? Seems odd really

Completed Max Payne 3 the other day. Awesome game, highly recommend it to any fan of shooters or action games.

Not sure what to play next tho as I got a few games in the sale

Me again ;)

Check out these stunning graphics on Crysis 3 due for release on XBox, PS3 and PC next month. The fact they can achieve these visuals on current gen consoles is amazing!

[video=youtube;GEvCpWaGYsY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEvCpWaGYsY[/video]

Back