• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

Im in a pretty bricky situation at the mo.

Moving in with my girlfriend v soon, and shes never approved of how much i play games...when GTA 4 came on, i literally played it all day for days on end...i wont be able to do that with GTA 5...this sucks.

Just completed Dishonored. Was seriously underwhelmed by it after all the hype it got. Plus a tinkle-poor ending as well.

Im in a pretty bricky situation at the mo.

Moving in with my girlfriend v soon, and shes never approved of how much i play games...when GTA 4 came on, i literally played it all day for days on end...i wont be able to do that with GTA 5...this sucks.

I'm in the same boat mate, get to play mine once or twice a week

So long as she does too you'll be alright. Swings and roundabouts.

Anyway, for you PCers out there, what sort of HW you running and where did you get it from? You build your own?

Just reminded me I've Dead Space 2 at home somewhere unopened for over a year!

I've just ordered the new Hitman HD remastered trilogy (2, Contracts & Blood Money) for £15 off Zavvi, not too shabby.

Other than that I need to get up to date with Assassins Creed, wait for Bioshock infinite and the wait for GTA5 begins.

PS4 announced on the 20th, new Xbox apparently in March, interesting to see the price points, considering the PS3 launch price.

Just reminded me I've Dead Space 2 at home somewhere unopened for over a year!

I've just ordered the new Hitman HD remastered trilogy (2, Contracts & Blood Money) for £15 off Zavvi, not too shabby.

Other than that I need to get up to date with Assassins Creed, wait for Bioshock infinite and the wait for GTA5 begins.

PS4 announced on the 20th, new Xbox apparently in March, interesting to see the price points, considering the PS3 launch price.

Read somewhere the PS4 would be launched at around 270 quid. Although it's way off yet so it could all be guesswork. It's coming out in US and Japan first too ain't it!?

IIRC the PS3 came out in the UK and other PAL regions AGES after Japan and the States, probably be the same again.

£270 would be incredible when you consider the PS3 was something like £425? be very interested in the specs for the new machines, I have a feeling they will be practically identical (big rumours the new Xbox will be featuring a Blu-ray drive) and the console war will be fought with exclusive titles.

Bioshock 2 any good? I liked 1, but never got round to 2.

Im actually playing Bioshock 2 now to get ready for the new one... As said above its not as good as the 1st one but its still decent and im enjoying it. You play as a Big Daddy in this one and theres a few new enemies too. Other than that tho it could pass as a single player add on really. Not much change in gameplay and graphics are average (well they are now anyway). But worth playing now u can pick it up cheap. Got mine for under a 5er on PC.

Heard news that Crytek are looking to be a Free 2 Play ONLY developer in the next 5 yrs! Not sure thats good news... Not a huge fan of F2P as most of them require you to spend a bit just to compete. There are few exceptions such as Planetside 2 (very good F2P game) but generally I dont really like the idea of getting my ass whooped by rich kids all the time. Should stick to 1 off payments

Check this out. Pretty shocking.

[video=youtube_share;6lGXDM3LGnk]http://youtu.be/6lGXDM3LGnk[/video]

Thats terrible!

When I first saw the early screenshots for Aliens: Colonual Marines I was pretty excited bout it. Then when gameplay videos started to emerge I started to get a feeling it would dissapoint... And from the early reviews Ive seen so far I was right to not get too hyped up for this one. IGN scored it 4.5/10!!! It looks dated already, they say there's no optimization for the console version so textures look blocky and theres also lag and screen tear.

This is just not on for a game of today to be so poorly slapped together the way it has been and not deliver on its early "gameplay" footage. Wont even bother with this one, looks like an instant bargain bin game that may sell few copies on franchise alone but fans will be dissapointed no doubt

i212wUcwcU0eE.gif

AVP 2 on the PC was an epic game. All three races had such different abilities but it was all balanced and had great map design. Since then every aliens game has been brick. Shame about this one

Back