• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

I'm just hoping that Elite gets its funding on Kickstarter, but with two weeks left its not looking good :(

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous?ref=live

2 weeks to go with 1/3 of the funding left seems like enough time, as I've seen a few games pique interest in the final few days of fundraising.

Things were a bit slow for Star Citizen at the onset, but once it got more publicity the money rushed right in and it broke the record that P: E just set.

Back to Godus, I understand that you can probably throw in a few natural disasters in there like erupting volcanoes and tornadoes, but I have to say the prototype videos did not do much service to the game.

Just completed FarCry 3 today. Excellent game, highly recommend to any fan of shooters. PC players will notice this game was made for consoles but it still plays well (even better now both AMD and Nvidia updated drivers.. so much smoother now).
But its an alround top game, certainly one of the best of the year. Go get it

Steam sale is on

got any recommendations Edgey ?

not really a pc gamer but my PS3 has been stolen so i need something to kill the time over Christmas

gonna get the Walking Dead game that seems to be getting a lot of good reviews, was thinking Fallout 3 or New Vegas as well

30f9b8e237d7dcfd593f785e15165d22.jpg

Steam sale is on

got any recommendations Edgey ?

not really a pc gamer but my PS3 has been stolen so i need something to kill the time over Christmas

gonna get the Walking Dead game that seems to be getting a lot of good reviews, was thinking Fallout 3 or New Vegas as well

Fallout 3 will certainly pass the time mate. Some decent games have been on Steam sale... Dishonored and Hitman were both 15 quid at one point. Not sure whats on later today... Worth checking it daily. I just got Sniper Elite V2 for 7.50 as this was a pretty decent game but at the time of release I didnt habe a spare 20 notes.

What kind of games are you mainly into?

What kind of games are you mainly into?

don't really have a particular type as such - i guess Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell are my favorite series of games (asides from GTA) - not so much in to your Skyrims and WoW type games - or anything that's too fantasy based

don't really have a particular type as such - i guess Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell are my favorite series of games (asides from GTA) - not so much in to your Skyrims and WoW type games - or anything that's too fantasy based

The complete Half-Life collection is available on Steam sale for bout 6 quid. Very good offer.

I love the old Splinter Cells... Not too keen on this new arcade-like direction the series seems to be going. Conviction was good but didnt feel like splinter cell to me. But will give the new one a go. My favourite was Double Agent.
I dont like WoW either but i do like Skyrim, prob one of very few fantasy RPGs i play. I generally like shooters, combat sims and stealth games like yourself

CANNOT WAIT!!!

Just a bit annoyed that if/when they make a PC version it wont be for atleast 6 months after console release.
With The Last of Us, GHod of War Accension and GTA5 im very tempted to pick up a 2nd hand PS3 for next yr... The missus would love that haha

cheers Edgey

No worries

Just picked up Mass Effect 1 and 2 for 8.75! Bargain! Completed Mass Effect 1 but harfly started 2 anf not even played 3

Just bought Max Payne 3 for only 7.50!! Also Max Payne 1+2 for 2.50 the pair! 10quid for the full trilogy. Spent bout 30 quid in this Steam sale already but so many bargains

Last edited:
I should've wished for a new hard drive for Christmas, bought Max Payne 3 myself only to find out later that I need 35GB of free space :eek:

I should've wished for a new hard drive for Christmas, bought Max Payne 3 myself only to find out later that I need 35GB of free space :eek:

35!? Really? I havent installed mine yet... I got a 1TB hard drive with over 300GB disk space left (thats with only a 3rd of my Steam catalogue installed too) but 35GB is ridiculous!! RAGE was 25GB.

The game info says so, and I agree very much, ridiculously big. Dishonored was 9, Bioshock 2 was 11. I got around 1,5TB, but it's mostly music and movies/series now, I need some more space for my games.

Yeah if I had music on mine I wouldnt have any space. Very tempted by the big 3TB hard drives that are now available. But they are 90 quid... Maybe when they come down a bit

Very much looking forward to this! First decent bit of gameplay footage of Rome 2 and it looks unbelievable! They really have taken the Total War series to the next level

[video=youtube;EaDlihIqPws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDlihIqPws[/video]

That video was pretty awesome.

Trixter: looks like your wishes have come true for Elite: Dangerous, because it's now funded and has a little over a day left. Seems like a fun game, so I might contribute sometime tonight.

Up next on my list: Dishonored and AC3... then I want to play some simcity 4 in order to get hyped up for the new one that's coming out. They're changing a lot of things, will be interesting to see if he always-on internet requirement will plague it as badly as it did Diablo 3.

That video was pretty awesome.

Trixter: looks like your wishes have come true for Elite: Dangerous, because it's now funded and has a little over a day left. Seems like a fun game, so I might contribute sometime tonight.

Up next on my list: Dishonored and AC3... then I want to play some simcity 4 in order to get hyped up for the new one that's coming out. They're changing a lot of things, will be interesting to see if he always-on internet requirement will plague it as badly as it did Diablo 3.

I've put a few quid in to that one

Can't wait!

Back