• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official OMT ****Tottenham Hotspur vs West Bromwich Albion****

I don't really have a horse in this race, but to clarify a thing or two -

Seeing as the squad is pretty much the same as last year. Yes, yes he has.

KIND OF, SORT OF. SIGGURDSON IS A BIG ADDITION THAT WILL AFFECT WHOEVER THE STRIKER IS. AND EVEN IF THE PLAYERS ARE THE SAME, IT IS NOW A NEW SYSTEM, THEIR POSITIONS HAVE SHIFTED. LOOK, I HOPE HE CAN STEP RIGHT IN, BUT WHO KNOWS.

As for 'current run of form', scoring once in a competitive match is not a run of form.

I SAID ONCE IN EACH OF HIS LAST TWO GAMES - A LEAGUE GAME AND THE PRIOR INTERNATIONAL. THERE HAS BEEN LOTS OF TALK ON HERE ABOUT HOW DEFOE HASN'T HAD A RUN OF GAMES TO PLAY IN - HE'S IN, HE'S OUT - AND ABOUT HOW CONFIDENCE COMES FROM PLAYING. DEFOE HAS BEEN PLAYING AND HAS SCORED TWICE IN HIS LAST TWO COMPETITIVE MATCHES. WHAT IS ADE'S CURRENT FORM? WHO KNOWS.

The Ade saga has been going on a while, he was in the US at times when we were there, so yes, he will have met AVB.

AS FAR AS WE KNOW, HE WAS IN NEW YORK WHILE THE TEAM WERE IN L.A. PERHAPS THEY'VE MET SOCIALLY, BUT IS HE INDOCTRINATED IN THE NEW SYSTEM? HAS HE SPENT TIME ON THE TRAINING GROUND OR IN THE TACTICS ROOM OVER THE SUMMER? I DON'T THINK SO.

Match fit is the only real question.

I OBVIOUSLY DON'T AGREE THAT IT'S THE ONLY REAL QUESTION, BUT IT IS CERTAINLY A QUESTION. AND TOGETHER WITH THE OTHERS, I THINK IT'S FAIR TO THINK THAT DEFOE GETTING DISPLACED COMING INTO THE NEXT MATCH COULD BE HARSH. MANAGER'S CALL, BUT NOT A SLAM DUNK FOR ME.

Sig is new yes, but i expect VDV to start the west brom game.

Even two games isn't really a run of form...

He may not be indoctrinated into the new system no, but he's a striker. He'll have to hold the ball up and score. The only really new thing is that he'll have to press. If he can't be taught to press in 3-4 days then there's no hope really.

After seeing what he added last year i think it's a guaranteed thing, but can see why you wouldn't..

Massively looking forward to saturday, hoping the atmosphere will be very good, 1st home game, AVB's 1st game, some debuts

Hoping the club can get Ledders on the pitch at HT time or before the game, dont want him forgotten till his testimonial in May

I know he's not rated very highly on here but every debut is special to a young player

HARRY'S PRIDE

Posted 22 August 2012 09:45am

It might have been a fleeting five-minute stint, but Harry Kane’s Premier League debut at Saudi Sportswashing Machine meant the world to the young striker.

Harry, 19, is hoping it’s the first of many Premier League appearances in a Spurs shirt.

Turn the clock back a year, and Harry made his full debut for us in the Europa League play-off home leg against Hearts. That was the first of six appearances in the competition and he scored his first goal in the sixth, at Shamrock Rovers.

Harry then enjoyed a fine loan spell at Millwall in the second half of the season, scoring nine goals in 27 appearances in the Championship and FA Cup.

Having impressed in pre-season, he’s now achieved another personal milestone.

“As a kid you grow up wanting to play in the Premier League and I got my five minutes at the end at Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Saturday,” said Harry.

“It’s a proud moment for me and my family, and hopefully it’s just the start with many more to come, and plenty of goals.

“The Premier League is the next progression. I played Europa League last season and now I want to play in the Premier League. I did well in pre-season and it was great to get on.”

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/harrys-pride-21082012.page?

Hoping the club can get Ledders on the pitch at HT time or before the game, dont want him forgotten till his testimonial in May

Paul Hawksbee just said on Talksport that he has been lead to believe Ledley will be making an appearance on Saturday. =D>

Last edited:
Really don't see why we would drop Defoe for this? Nobody has any idea what Ade's match fitness would be like including Ade himself. I think we should start Defoe and then give Ade a run out in the second half if needed

i firmly believe if ade comes in ahead of defoe, it will speak volumes about AVB's opinion of him.. because really, he had absolutely no choice but to start with jermain against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Massively looking forward to saturday, hoping the atmosphere will be very good, 1st home game, AVB's 1st game, some debuts

Think we may see him a couple of times during the season with Kuyt at HT. Rotating with Chivers,Mullery,Jennings,etc

I think we'll win this one. Adebayor back will be a big boost to the squad.

Im not nervous about our home form. We have done well at the lane in recent years and will carry on doing so.

The problem is away from home, we're not winning enough games away from home especially against the top teams but also against teams like Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton.

We are still not prolific enough in front of goal, and this is showing more in the result away from home, as at home we create many chances and end up scoring.

Against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, we were the better side, we just didnt score in the first half. I remember games last season, Chelsea away, Everton away, Liverpool away, Stoke away when we were the better side but missed glorious chances. But to be fair, we also lacked a bit of luck in these games especially with referee decisions.

And of course the turning point of the season, that Bale/Defoe miss at City. Again, bad luck with the miss and Balotelli should have been off, but at the end it was the same result.

I am looking forward to see if we can stop bottling it away from home this season. That has to change. There are too many stadiums where we havent won for years.

I'm more worried about home games than away. Teams are far more likely to park the bus at WHL, which is when I think AVBs system will struggle. Not sure that applies to West Brom, but I can see us dropping a lot of points at home this season.

I'm more worried about home games than away. Teams are far more likely to park the bus at WHL, which is when I think AVBs system will struggle. Not sure that applies to West Brom, but I can see us dropping a lot of points at home this season.

funny i thought the exact opposite, especially with AVB's high line and strong pressing game.

Back