• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official OMT ****Tottenham Hotspur vs West Bromwich Albion****

While generally positive about aspects of today, the second half capitulation was worrying. I do wonder just how bad Harry would have been slated had he made those sub decisions. Like it or not we are in transition even though AVB does not have much time. The window will be crucial now. But fans are going to be nervous because this appointment was an enormous gamble.

While generally positive about aspects of today, the second half capitulation was worrying. I do wonder just how bad Harry would have been slated had he made those sub decisions. Like it or not we are in transition even though AVB does not have much time. The window will be crucial now. But fans are going to be nervous because this appointment was an enormous gamble.

This is why it is important to get a couple of wins in the next couple of games. The media after the first week of AVB being in charge have started putting the knife in already and some supporters are voicing early concerns. It was always going to be the way replacing a fairly popular (if somewhat divisive-dont know if ive just contradicted myself there) manager with someone who didnt have the greatest time at a rival club. A couple of wins in the next couple of games, which is more than possible and we are in a decent position to push on this season. It should also means that the anxiousness starts to subside.

The way we have gone into the season with an unbalanced incomplete squad again is my biggest frustration and it is important that we do get these players in this week. 2 weeks running we have lacked a cutting edge which is a problem that cost us many a time last season. Still that doesnt account for what happened totally on the pitch today as we did have control over the game until the subs were made. I still think we are going to have a good season and will be up there challenging again if the right players are bought in.

was happy with the way we played up until our goal. just got back from the game, and thought we bossed it for 65 mins, as soon as we scored they came at us. And it was the Jenas substitution which was strange, however we didnt know what to do, we didnt try to slow the game down or go for a second, we wer stuck in between and panicked which led to us giving the goal away. We are not good at closing and slowing games down so I wish we would have just gone for the 2nd, they may have scored doing so, but they scored anyway. same tottenham in the last 20 mins. That said as soon as Lukaku came on he changed the game, he was a beast and Friedel made some amazing saves to keep us in it. Weve got to remember teams like West Brom are not a walk over, no game is bar 1 or 2 a season. Teams come to the lane and play well, but im sure AVB will get it right soon. We do need some more players though, Im sorry but Lennon did fudge all today really, in terms of crossing and beating men. We need cover or compettion for him someone like Robben. Johnson would have done this but hes gone now so I wont comment further on him. But I do hope we buy another winger, or at least someone that can open defences and beat a man.

I have faith in AVB

Heard boos when Jenas came on, don't care about about the general feeling towards him as a footballer, that was fudging disgusting.

This is why it is important to get a couple of wins in the next couple of games. The media after the first week of AVB being in charge have started putting the knife in already and some supporters are voicing early concerns. It was always going to be the way replacing a fairly popular (if somewhat divisive-dont know if ive just contradicted myself there) manager with someone who didnt have the greatest time at a rival club. A couple of wins in the next couple of games, which is more than possible and we are in a decent position to push on this season. It should also means that the anxiousness starts to subside.

The way we have gone into the season with an unbalanced incomplete squad again is my biggest frustration and it is important that we do get these players in this week. 2 weeks running we have lacked a cutting edge which is a problem that cost us many a time last season. Still that doesnt account for what happened totally on the pitch today as we did have control over the game until the subs were made. I still think we are going to have a good season and will be up there challenging again if the right players are bought in.

Good post. I agree things could change pretty rapidly with some good results. But though I saw some good stuff first half, I can also see why some are genuinely worried about the future. My preference is to wait to see if Levy actually backs AVB in the market and the type of players we bring in. The current situation is confusing and somewhat false with major deals up in the air. The squad is unbalanced, and compared to our rivals is also weaker in terms of depth. I guess the question is whether fans are happy with this risk, of taking on a manager who antagonised many members of the press with his petulant antics last season. Back then I'm pretty sure we had threads about how embarrassing AVB was, and how his tactical changes and language seemed confusing and stubborn. I actually like many of his ideas, but I am fearful that he may try to implement too many changes too soon. Hence the complete loss of focus, heads and structure during that 30m period in the second half. We have the makings of a top team, I have no doubt of that. But at present the good football we did play today yielded zero goals, and almost no cutting edge chances. Compare that to WBA in the 2nd half.And I say this as someone who is not one to jump on a bandwagon. I like AVB, like his ideas and his attention to detail. Thus, I want him to succeed.

was happy with the way we played up until our goal. just got back from the game, and thought we bossed it for 65 mins, as soon as we scored they came at us. And it was the Jenas substitution which was strange, however we didnt know what to do, we didnt try to slow the game down or go for a second, we wer stuck in between and panicked which led to us giving the goal away. We are not good at closing and slowing games down so I wish we would have just gone for the 2nd, they may have scored doing so, but they scored anyway. same tottenham in the last 20 mins. That said as soon as Lukaku came on he changed the game, he was a beast and Friedel made some amazing saves to keep us in it. Weve got to remember teams like West Brom are not a walk over, no game is bar 1 or 2 a season. Teams come to the lane and play well, but im sure AVB will get it right soon. We do need some more players though, Im sorry but Lennon did fudge all today really, in terms of crossing and beating men. We need cover or compettion for him someone like Robben. Johnson would have done this but hes gone now so I wont comment further on him. But I do hope we buy another winger, or at least someone that can open defences and beat a man.

I have faith in AVB

We were at times excellent with the 433/451 and looked very strong

Adebayor for VDV was an odd one (to say the least!). VDV was the only creativity we had in the middle and our best passer. Defoe was next to useless.

That put is 442, we surrendered midfield without having someone in there to put their foot on the ball.

Sandro for Sigurdsson did nothing for the midfield. I can only wonder if it is because Sando was running out of steam. Still 442 with the same issues.

JENAS on for Defoe set us back toward the original shape, 3 in the middle - 2 pressers and an attacking cm. This was the only one of the three I saw sense in.

EDIT : Also, Metro and SSN linking us with Remy again - possibly a more direct option for Lennons spot

Heard boos when Jenas came on, don't care about about the general feeling towards him as a footballer, that was fudging disgusting.

me too, didnt boo. thought it was harsh. hes a good player, as long as he wants to be and tries. Scored some important goals for us in the past so maybe he can do it again and have some belief in his game that he once had.

Have to wonder how different a game it would have been if we had managed to score through our early dominance

Absolutely, the anxiety so evident in the second half would not have had the space to fester. But the one thing which may come out of this is the clear need to sort out of attacking options in the market. I hope AVB is clear what he wants so Levy can do his upmost.

We were at times excellent with the 433/451 and looked very strong

Adebayor for VDV was an odd one (to say the least!). VDV was the only creativity we had in the middle and our best passer. Defoe was next to useless.

That put is 442, we surrendered midfield without having someone in there to put their foot on the ball.

Sandro for Sigurdsson did nothing for the midfield. I can only wonder if it is because Sando was running out of steam. Still 442 with the same issues.

JENAS on for Defoe set us back toward the original shape, 3 in the middle - 2 pressers and an attacking cm. This was the only one of the three I saw sense in.

EDIT : Also, Metro and SSN linking us with Remy again - possibly a more direct option for Lennons spot

is he that stupid, he just kept shooting time after time when there were a few people in better space than him to have a clear shot on goal.

I know. Its as clear as day he simply wont work in that formation.

Im more convinced than ever he will be replaced and/or moving on.

Good player, Im a fan - but in this set up he is about as useful as a chocolate teapot

This is why i'm not overly concerned right now. In the first 60 minutes of both games we have been in control and have created chances. They may not be clear cut but on another day they could have been converted and the 1 point we have right now could quite easily have been 6. Its disappointing but far from panic time.

I was at the game today (only usually get to go a few times because of work), and my impression was:

1. We kept the ball well for the first 30 minutes. But didn't do too much with it in terms of threatening the goal. A lot of side to side, but it needs more changes of tempo with some quick ball forward as well.

2. when you press high in their half, it doesn't leave a lot of space to play in. It doesn't suit players like Defoe who likes to run into space behind defenders. It does suit dribbling players and definitely needs some creativity from midfield.

3. when Ade came on for VDV - I was confused about the formation, and I think the players were as well. At one point AVB was giving extensive instructions to Bale on the touchline. The substitutions were poor. Jenas was a bit of a liability when he came on and almost played us into trouble a number of times.

4. Lukaku is awesome. How we could do with a player like that.

I have said somewhere else I anticipate we will bring players in but on other hand am also sceptical. To confuse my view further I would not at all be surprised to see a number of major surprises including both VDV and Defoe leaving before the window closes.

Very suprised hudd hasn't featured. considering jenas and him were out for close to similar times i don't see why jenas gets to stay and play 20mins while hudd has to go out on loan to gain fitness. Clearly avb needs to watch old dvds of his performances. he would have added well to the offense

Back