• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official OMT ****Tottenham Hotspur vs West Bromwich Albion****

Do you think we had the better openings? We may have been territorially superior in the first half, but they absolutely ripped us to shreds in the second. To say they weren't value is not true. Every time they came forwards we looked like conceding; we cleared about three off the line!

Lennon and Defoe each missed good chances, Verts missed a fine chance, VdV and Bale missed good chances, JD veery lazy to be offside bedford his goal...you're referring to a period of the game (last 15 minutes)...IMO...yes, we had much better chances which we simply didn't put away. Should've been 2 up at HT.

Steven Gerrard after losing to WBA last week: 'The feeling after was one of total shock with the result. It was never a 3-0 game, I fancied us to go there, dominate and win but things didn't work out that way. In football you can be left feeling hard done by.'

Some Liverpool taco: 'fudging joke. Can't believe we lose against a team that last won a title in 1968.'

Not sure I understand the BAE criticisms. He was not at fault for the goal today, He covered the CBs quite well when necessary, and when needed, he popped up on the line.

As for KDs question, if AVB is able to get the players he appears to want, then I think we will be in a great place personally...

Walker was excellent.

Did you think so? Suppose it just shows how others see the game! Good going forward yes, but I thought defensively his positioning is poor. He's too far up the pitch when the ball is in defence which almost means as soon as it comes back he's not tucked in and chasing back. Relies on his pace to get him out of trouble quite a lot of the time

Not sure I understand the BAE criticisms. He was not at fault for the goal today, He covered the CBs quite well when necessary, and when needed, he popped up on the line.

As for KDs question, if AVB is able to get the players he appears to want, then I think we will be in a great place personally...

Oh come on Stef. He was poor.

Oh come on Stef. He was poor.

genuinely interested to have it explained to me matey...not being a dingdong, I would appreciate a breakdown of what he did today that cost us...

bear in mind that, unlike Walker who has lennon who tends to stick, BAE is often left alone on the left and having to not only gauge the extra space in front but also keep an eye to his right to potentially cover a high-line CB...

Did you think so? Suppose it just shows how others see the game! Good going forward yes, but I thought defensively his positioning is poor. He's too far up the pitch when the ball is in defence which almost means as soon as it comes back he's not tucked in and chasing back. Relies on his pace to get him out of trouble quite a lot of the time

I can agree with that, his link up play with lennon in the first half was excellent, and his tracking back was good, covered gallas alot too...gallas had a stinker

genuinely interested to have it explained to me matey...not being a dingdong, I would appreciate a breakdown of what he did today that cost us...

bear in mind that, unlike Walker who has lennon who tends to stick, BAE is often left alone on the left and having to not only gauge the extra space in front but also keep an eye to his right to potentially cover a high-line CB...

Overplaying, out of position, trying too many tricks. Im an admirer of his, but thought he was poor today. Not so much first half but def second. I
am however putting this down to Bale's roaming.

There was one point (after his goal) that he had 3 player son him and no support.

There was one point (after his goal) that he had 3 player son him and no support.

Indeed...in fact, for much of the second-half, I thought he was dealing with one man more than he should've been...game shifted heavily when Lukakau came on and VdV went off/Jenas came on. I don't like to gang on a player, but JJ was terrible, gave away cheap possession twice, and Lukakau forced us to play deeper when, frankly, the high-line defense had dealt with everything comfortably.

I'll reiterate that I thought Benny played very well today and ended up saving us a couple of times (as did Verts)...

Based on what I saw Dawson is no worse than either Gallas or Vertrongen. Lukaku was a menace (especially Verts) when he came on and we almost invited them to score at the end with terrible defending.

Modric as expected will be sorely missed, our midfield looked lost for ideas.

A bit gutted for AvB that we couldn't hold on because on the day when Ledley got such a great send off we should have taken the points and got our season off and running.

Crying out for a creative midfielder(Moutinho). TBH I'm quite certain Huddlestone would have calmed the game down and would have unlocked their defence a few times. Very frustrated.

Crying out for a creative midfielder(Moutinho). TBH I'm quite certain Huddlestone would have calmed the game down and would have unlocked their defence a few times. Very frustrated.

A very good shout. Certainly would've been better than Jenas!!!

Back