• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official OMT ****Tottenham Hotspur vs West Bromwich Albion****

Personally, while disappointed with the result, I see a lot of positives in both games...

Yep totally agree. We are missing Modric to be fair but we're getting there.

My main concern is Walker - Azza. As we saw with Glen Johnson for England, not the type of player that Azza can work with (steps on his toes so to speak). With two DMs, we can afford to bring in a Attacking midfielder who drifts towards the right occasionally.

I thought Walker and Lennon linked very very well today.

If Lennon had any issues they werent of Walkers doing, they were that he wouldnt commit to pushing into the box to make up attacking numbers when we didnt have the ball and was hestitant on doing the same with it.

He seems extremely happy/comfortable with the idea of getting to the by line and crossing or cutting back, but not at all comfortable with running directly into the box or looking for goals/shots himself

If he doesnt I fear he will be replaced. With only one striker players like the wingers need to contribute.

It was no surprise to me that within hours of the game we were linked to Remy again. Not saying Remy will happen, just that the press pounced on an obvious element of the game.

Lennon's game has always been about going round his man to get the ball into the box. When playing 4-4-2 he will no doubt have been asked by previous managers to stay wide. Changing his game to suit a different formation could take time.

I thought Walker and Lennon linked very very well today.

If Lennon had any issues they werent of Walkers doing, they were that he wouldnt commit to pushing into the box to make up attacking numbers when we didnt have the ball and was hestitant on doing the same with it.

He seems extremely happy/comfortable with the idea of getting to the by line and crossing or cutting back, but not at all comfortable with running directly into the box or looking for goals/shots himself

Again, totally agree.

For all of Adebayor's good play and Defoe's trickery and ability to occasionally score the odd screamer, neither of them are natural finishers and I fear we will have to put up with a fair few games like today this season.

Disappointed with the result but not really surprised. This is the problem from last season. We are still not good enough defensively and this means we always have to score 2 or 3 goals to win a match. But we badly lack a cutting edge in attack and without a clinical goal scorer, we are not going to score many goals.

You have to be worried about our attack now. Adebayor has never been clinical in front of goal. Defoe has lost the accuracy and power which he used to have in his long range shots. All his shots against WBA were soft ones.

I think we missed Parker more than Modric in midfield. Despite his workrate, Livermore lacks the experience to give protection to the defense. The fact AVB brought on Jenas in the 2nd half only shows how we lack in quality in midfield now.

It is still too early in the season. But with only 2 new players since last season, not sure how AVB is going to improve the team. Let's hope we sign a few players before the transfer window closes. If we don't strengthen the team now, we will struggle to do well this season.

Vertonghen and gallas were terrible at times yesterday and nobody says anything. If caulker was in the team and played like any of those 2 you would see comments like he isn't good enough and comments slating him

Vertonghen and gallas were terrible at times yesterday and nobody says anything. If caulker was in the team and played like any of those 2 you would see comments like he isn't good enough and comments slating him

The problem is Vertonghen needs time to settle in while Gallas is past is best. I am not too impressed with Kaboul or Dawson either. Wish King can still play for us.

For all of Adebayor's good play and Defoe's trickery and ability to occasionally score the odd screamer, neither of them are natural finishers and I fear we will have to put up with a fair few games like today this season.

Adebayor might not be the most clinical striker, but with basically a 1 in 2 ratio he is far from a poor one or even one to considerably worry about leading our line.

I also think there should be a change in his game between Harry and AVB. Harry had him working the width of the pitch, dropping very deep but also incredibly wide trying to tie together the attack.

Judging by Defoes game today and the way AVB set up - I think Adebayor would be playing much narrower field of play, much more likely to be in the box more often with Bale/Lennon/VDV all being pushed further forward than normal in support.

In this set up I honestly have no fears for Adebayors scoring touch

Back