• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official OMT ****Tottenham Hotspur vs West Bromwich Albion****

I'm sorry, are you talking about the Spurs v West Brom match?

Do you think we had the better openings? We may have been territorially superior in the first half, but they absolutely ripped us to shreds in the second. To say they weren't value is not true. Every time they came forwards we looked like conceding; we cleared about three off the line!

Because the club has no backbone. No winning mentality. No core strength. 41 year old keeper, mid-30's CB, no dominant creative midfielder and the wrong sort of striker for a two winger game.

:-#

Let's just say if AVB is left to do what he needs to do, the future will be bright. Dominant for the entire first-half and half the second half...

Not at all. I would suggest Im simply looking at the situation with the appropriate perspective and not that of a child stamping his feet "Waaah! I want it now!!!"

I dont like the draw. I dont like collapsing in the second half. I dont like the subs if Im honest. I loved the early team shape. I loved the possession. I loved that we won it back quickly and that WBA couldnt string 3 passes together. I appreciate that without Adebayor and Modric (or similar) we are two key players away from our best 11 last season - and two missing components from AVBs ideal (based upon how he set us up). I appreciate that to expect a new system to be fully bedded down and working at 100% is unreasonable for the second game of the season. Its a new manager, a new way of playing, a new start, some patience is required

Spin it anyway you like, we should have beaten West Brom at home with the side that was put out. By the way, you don't exactly sound like the voice of reason by refering to people putting an alternate view as children. Who do you think you are?

We didn't need to make a sub against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. They were the home team and the emphasis is on them to attack and create chances when it's at 0-0. AVB took it upon himself to make the first move when Saudi Sportswashing Machine were creating fudge all. We were doing well (ok slightly dropped off a little in comparison to the first half) but it should be Pardew rolling the dice and changing thing ...and then maybe we counter that if needed. Bottom line is Sigurddson was doing well and we on the whole were doing well so no need to change anything.

Pretty sure we were a goal down when swapped VDV for Sig last week.

:-#

Let's just say if AVB is left to do what he needs to do, the future will be bright. Dominant for the entire first-half and half the second half...

I agree that there has been plenty of positives. I really like the first half shape and think when we get the correct personnel in there we'll be laughing.

Still maintain that we got absolutely torn to pieces in the second half though by some pretty basic west brom football.

The only positive I can come-up with is that Spurs are one point better off than we were at the same stage last season.

Not much comfort in that though.

it feels worse because it was west brom at home. the only player who wasnt available was Parker. Sandro and Livermore dont offer enough ball retention to be considered a long term midfield partnership.

Put Modric in the side today and we'd have been fine. If we could have scored an early goal we'd also have been fine. Modric must be repaced. Its imperative.

OK...in the spirit of debate mate...

1) Sandro and Livermore kept the ball just fine, the problem was that the forward outlet was simply not able to help with that retention because he suits another system.

2) The fact we miss Modders should not be news to anyone who watches this club more than once a season. I would again like to see Carroll on the bench and thrown into games once in a while, as he DOES maintain possession/cycle the ball like Luka.

3) Modders, however, might NOT have been the diff today, he was a feature of many games the past two seasons which had the same net result.

4) Brad Friedel has cost us big-time today, his vampire impression was an absolute disgrace and he simply can't get down quickly to shots like the daisy cutter. He absolutely must be replaced.

We still need to score more goals. That was a problem last year and it continues in to the new season.

Bale could probably have had two or three assists in the first half, same with lennon.

It's better to make these mistakes now so AVB can see for himself what and where he can improve us. Let's hope we get some business done in these next two weeks. Whats the next game?

I want to sell Benny now, sick of his pirouette Cryuff turns, teams have sussed it, all it does now is hand over the initiative to the opposition.

4) Brad Friedel has cost us big-time today, his vampire impression was an absolute disgrace and he simply can't get down quickly to shots like the daisy cutter. He absolutely must be replaced.

That's a bit harsh mate. He made a teriffic save from a low shot across him and heading for the far corner after one of their lads mugged Gallas/Vert with a stepover. Made a couple of other decent saves too. Agree he should've come out for the goal as it was in the 6 yard box bouncing around before Gallas cleared off the line.

I want to sell Benny now, sick of his pirouette Cryuff turns, teams have sussed it, all it does now is hand over the initiative to the opposition.

It took us years to sign a striker and we still haven't signed a modric replacement. What are the chances we're gonna get a new starting LB in a week as well as positions we actually need?

The only positive I can come-up with is that Spurs are one point better off than we were at the same stage last season.

Not much comfort in that though.

Only difference being last season the first two games were Manure and Emirates Marketing Project, not Poocastle and WBA.

Spin it anyway you like, we should have beaten West Brom at home with the side that was put out. By the way, you don't exactly sound like the voice of reason by refering to people putting an alternate view as children. Who do you think you are?

I think Im someone not acting like a child and DEMANDING better from a new set up shilst UNDERESTIMATING a good WBA side and NOT APPRECIATING that change costs, even if on paper the team was good.

By the way, last year at home we just managed a 1-0 win, is that 100 miles from todays result?

EDIT - I should add, its not spin. Its a balanced view, positives and negatives - not just blantant unreasonable doom mongering

Last edited:
Transfer window closes in a week mate.

Ahh.. well better get busy tonight!

We know what the strengths and weaknesses are of our squad. In fact today's game was reminiscent of many we had with Harry at the helm. Things haven't changed dramatically. I do feel that 1 of the midfield duo needs to be able to dictate play a little better than we currently do.

It took us years to sign a striker and we still haven't signed a modric replacement. What are the chances we're gonna get a new starting LB in a week as well as positions we actually need?

I think Benny could do with a spell on the bench at the very least, I think he thinks he has it sown up, which very much comes across in his defending, where he clearly just switches off as well as thinking he is David Ginola. He IMO needs pegging down the run or two.

Back